Twitter flags Trump tweet for violating its rules on COVID-19 information

webfact

18 hours ago, digger70 said:

Not talking aboutProving  a Negative ,Talking about Proving right or wrong /true or false /speculation/gossip

Hmmmm .. substituting even more unknowns, maybes, what-ifs, might want to review nah, carry on.

2 minutes ago, klikster said:

Hmmmm .. substituting even more unknowns, maybes, what-ifs, might want to review nah, carry on.

Not Substituting Anything, There's No Unknowns No maybes, what-ifs, Just plain Speculation/Gossip ,and you know it .   :mfr_closed1: 

• Haha 1

He is desperate. Don smells defeat and a towering humiliation, just right around the corner. "Do me a favor, suburban women, would you please like me?" Trump said in Johnstown, Pa., a Republican stronghold where Trump hopes to run up turnout in the Nov. 3 election. "I saved your damn neighborhood, okay?"

Trump started off almost immediately with criticism of Joe Biden, saying his Democratic opponent was "shot" and had "crushed" the state. Trump, who made China trade and job losses in Pennsylvania's once-robust manufacturing sector big issues four years ago, was eager to hit the same theme as he spoke to the crowd.

He already lost 99% of suburban women. And his continued hatred, diatribes, division and insane behavior has alienated the few who might have voted for him. Say goodbye Don. Start packing. See ya! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 7:09 AM, Lacessit said:

The professional White House doctors you speak of are directed by Trump to say what he wants. Or lose their highly paid positions. Physicians outside the Trump sphere of influence are unanimous Trump's actions are recklessly putting people at risk. That's probably who the Twitter fact checkers are listening to.

The professional doctors work for Walter Reed Medical Center which is a military hosptial so, no, they can't just be fired by the President. Also, I doubt those positions are as highly paid as you make them out to be. 

As to the claim that doctors not working at Walter Reed are unanimous, that is patently false. There is a large split between docotrs on much of the information about the virus. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, woogoo said:

The professional doctors work for Walter Reed Medical Center which is a military hosptial so, no, they can't just be fired by the President. Also, I doubt those positions are as highly paid as you make them out to be. 

As to the claim that doctors not working at Walter Reed are unanimous, that is patently false. There is a large split between docotrs on much of the information about the virus. 

His doctors signed an nda so they cannot say anything without trumps approval.

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

His doctors signed an nda so they cannot say anything without trumps approval.

Even if he hadn't they couldn't say anything. There is a little thing called HIPAA which prevents doctors or other healthcare professionals from talking about you're personal information to others. It is a very strictly enforced law and it applies in all cases. The claim here was that the doctors can be fired by Trump which is false. They work for the military. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 6:51 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

You are assuming that the Twitter "fact checkers" (and what medical qualification and access to Trump's personal medical file do these anonymous people have??) know more about Trump's medical situation that the highly paid professional white House doctors.

I would say his claims are unproven, not flat out false. Just my opinion. 

Trump could have given his doctors permission to answer any questions pertaining to his illness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Trump could have given his doctors permission to answer any questions pertaining to his illness.

No he couldn’t. That’s not the way HIPPA works. Doctors are legally bound to keep all information private and there are no exceptions to that beyond situations such as a legal guardian or someone with power of attorney.

• Confused 1

Another ginned up "October surprise" from the Trump campaign... How surprising that Russia once again is trying to ensure another 4 years of a Trump disaster zone for the U.S.

Trump Said to Be Warned That Giuliani Was Conveying Russian Disinformation

President Trump shrugged off the warning from the intelligence agencies, officials said.

WASHINGTON — The intelligence agencies warned the White House late last year that Russian intelligence officers were using President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani as a conduit for disinformation aimed at undermining Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s presidential run, according to four current and former American officials.

The agencies imparted the warning months before disclosing publicly in August that Moscow was trying to interfere in the election by taking aim at Mr. Biden’s campaign, the officials said. Mr. Trump and Mr. Giuliani have promoted unsubstantiated claims about Mr. Biden that have aligned with Russian disinformation efforts, and Mr. Giuliani has met with a Ukrainian lawmaker whom American officials believe is a Russian agent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/us/politics/giuliani-russian-disinformation.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, woogoo said:
1 hour ago, placeholder said:

No he couldn’t. That’s not the way HIPPA works. Doctors are legally bound to keep all information private and there are no exceptions to that beyond situations such as a legal guardian or someone with power of attorney.

Khun placeholder is correct.  The patient could give consent....

[Like other patients, Trump can authorize his providers to share all or only part of his medical records, said Adam Greene, a partner at Davis Wright Tremaine and a former career attorney at HHS.]

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/07/politics/hipaa-trump-conley/index.html

• Thanks 1

Let's see.... what's wrong with the people behind this ginned up plot. How credible are they?

Mr. Bannon, who was arrested in August and charged with fraud, informed the Post about the hard drive, and on Sunday Mr. Giuliani — who has been accused this election cycle of taking information from Russian agents — provided a copy to the Post, the article said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/us/politics/hunter-biden-ukraine-facebook-twitter.html

And, this laptop issue apparently has been kicking around since last December, and going nowhere... until now right before the presidential election.

It is also unclear who dropped off the laptop at the repair shop. The Post reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigation had seized the computer and the hard drive in December but did not specify what the authorities might be investigating.

And then, the whole issue is still going nowhere for months.

After the documents failed to emerge in the Trump impeachment hearings, the source grew agitated and began reaching out to lawmakers who failed to return his messages, [Giuliani's attorney] Mr. Costello said. It’s unclear why it would take over nine months, however, for the person to reach Mr. Giuliani in September.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, woogoo said:

You mean that Trump couldn't do it himself but would need a legal guardian or attorney? You really want to stick to that explanation?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You mean that Trump couldn't do it himself but would need a legal guardian or attorney? You really want to stick to that explanation?

Trump cannot give doctors permission to speak about his medical information to the public. That is not how HIPPA laws work. The only people a medical profssional can share private information about a patiet with are their legal guardian or someone with medical power of attorney. Obviously, Trump has neither of these so they aren't applicable in this situation meaning that the only person doctors can share info with is Donald Trump directly. 

There are no exceptions to this. The pandoras box that it would open if a patient could tell their doctor that they could share personal info with the media would be a nightmare. How would the doctor know what is okay to share and what isn't? You would have to itemize everything that is okay and then sign a litany of documents releasing the doctor from any liability. It would be a legal nightmare and there is no current provisions in the laws for this to happen. 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, woogoo said:

Obviously incorrect because his doctor did make statements that he is virus free. So they can comment when it suits trump.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Obviously incorrect because his doctor did make statements that he is virus free. So they can comment when it suits trump.

I just looked up HIPAA (not HIPPA) and it looks like it covers health insurance plans. Don't think it applies to Trump's situation.

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I just looked up HIPAA (not HIPPA) and it looks like it covers health insurance plans. Don't think it applies to Trump's situation.

Of course they can comment, they already have, as shown in my post above.

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you would have read further than just the title of the act you would know that it covers patient data and how it can be used and whom it can be shared with, among other things

31 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Of course they can comment, they already have, as shown in my post above.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3228620/

Here is a nice little summation of this exact issue which I've used in prior publications as I write for a law firm that covers many cases like this. The last time I had to write about this was Prince's death and the release of death certificates to the media. 

The doctors have commented on publically available information, which is that he was being treated and now no longer is. They are not making off the cuff decisions discussing with the media whatever they want about his case. They are also not going on his directive as this falls under public right to know for the purpose of disease control. 

Aside from this basic information that has been discussed and which is already public information, the doctors are bound by HIPAA (yes I messed that one up as I'm lazy anymore and usually just rely on Grammarly for checking everything but good eye). They cannot talk about specifics of the case that is not publically available already and which would not fall under public right to know. 

Again, Trump cannot give them permission to talk about this information and there is no current precedent for that to happen. This is well-established tort law and is not something new. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, woogoo said:

If you would have read further than just the title of the act you would know that it covers patient data and how it can be used and whom it can be shared with, among other things

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3228620/

Here is a nice little summation of this exact issue which I've used in prior publications as I write for a law firm that covers many cases like this. The last time I had to write about this was Prince's death and the release of death certificates to the media. 

The doctors have commented on publically available information, which is that he was being treated and now no longer is. They are not making off the cuff decisions discussing with the media whatever they want about his case. They are also not going on his directive as this falls under public right to know for the purpose of disease control. 

Aside from this basic information that has been discussed and which is already public information, the doctors are bound by HIPAA (yes I messed that one up as I'm lazy anymore and usually just rely on Grammarly for checking everything but good eye). They cannot talk about specifics of the case that is not publically available already and which would not fall under public right to know. 

Again, Trump cannot give them permission to talk about this information and there is no current precedent for that to happen. This is well-established tort law and is not something new. 

No, they have said he is negative. What they refuse to do is say the last time he was negative before the positive. That what people want to know.

I suggest u read the link i posted. They stated more than public knowledge, low oxygen levels and drugs he was given was not public.

Public right to know about the health of the president. Lol

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1