New condo buyers offered visa and Elite Card but stranded expats are left out in the cold

webfact

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Pretty clear that they don't want foreigners coming in at the moment and that is both justifiable and understandable given current circumstances and public opinion.

When will these people learn that they are only temporary visitors for purposes other than tourism and plan accordingly? 

LOL <deleted> fake public polls. I have 4 Thai wealthy business owners on my messenger begging these pensioners to open. There was no public nothing. Just like there were no booked tourists from virus land. Sorry China land.

I don't get it. Why have a 14 day quarantine if people who are willing to do it are not allowed to enter it?

Isn't the quarantine supposed to catch any people who have it and if they do the insurance they took out will cover the costs of possible hospitalisation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Special compensation if you spend 10million baht 250k sterling ???????? who's got that amount of money these days ? especially in today’s climate. I’ve been back and forth Thailand throughout the last 20yrs spending vast amounts of money like other foreign nationals who love the country,. I’ve a missus and children who i support ‘ house ‘ land & financial obligations yet I’m not considered a valuable asset,it’s people like me and others who feel undervalued and unwanted ‘ returned home in June due family crisis and cannot return due travel restrictions that have been it into place,speak with my family regular via web chat ‘ yet cannot be their in person and it hurts when my son keep asking when papa will return Stay safe people ????

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Pretty clear that they don't want foreigners coming in at the moment and that is both justifiable and understandable given current circumstances and public opinion.

When will these people learn that they are only temporary visitors for purposes other than tourism and plan accordingly? 

Can't agree testing at the airport and the 14 days at home is all that should be required for residents wanting to return home. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Steve Vincent said:

Special compensation if you spend 10million baht 250k sterling ???????? who's got that amount of money these days ? especially in today’s climate. I’ve been back and forth Thailand throughout the last 20yrs spending vast amounts of money like other foreign nationals who love the country,. I’ve a missus and children who i support ‘ house ‘ land & financial obligations yet I’m not considered a valuable asset,it’s people like me and others who feel undervalued and unwanted ‘ returned home in June due family crisis and cannot return due travel restrictions that have been it into place,speak with my family regular via web chat ‘ yet cannot be their in person and it hurts when my son keep asking when papa will return Stay safe people ????

try to make lemonde out of this lemon situation.

at last you can have time for yourself far away from your family and from all

those somtam people.

try to get a british style oil massage, or go to a non asian gogo bar.

the world is round and big and aventually all will get back to normal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

You touched a great point here. very easy to send money to thailand on line, but not so

easy to send out. First, you cannot do it if you do not have a work permit, even if it is

your money (a regulation that was made out of fear that foreigners will steal so called thai money).

second, you might not be able to send your money out of thailand even if you are in thailand, as

the bank might come with new unexpected demands (happaned to me few times, once, i could

make the transfer, second time the banker had a bad hair day and asked for different documents

for the same kind of transfer).

third, as we can see now, you might get your visa revoked / cancelled and might be forced out

of thailand and than there is no way you can get your money from the bank. you might use

your ATM card if you did not lose , but it will take long long time to withdraw

3.7 million baht, if it is legal at all, and than you will get it all in cash

and out of the banking system.

so here you see, thailand is not a safe place for your money, even if it is just cash

sitting in the bank !!!

Wrong, just use deemoney...

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

You touched a great point here. very easy to send money to thailand on line, but not so

easy to send out. First, you cannot do it if you do not have a work permit, even if it is

your money (a regulation that was made out of fear that foreigners will steal so called thai money).

second, you might not be able to send your money out of thailand even if you are in thailand, as

the bank might come with new unexpected demands (happaned to me few times, once, i could

make the transfer, second time the banker had a bad hair day and asked for different documents

for the same kind of transfer).

third, as we can see now, you might get your visa revoked / cancelled and might be forced out

of thailand and than there is no way you can get your money from the bank. you might use

your ATM card if you did not lose , but it will take long long time to withdraw

3.7 million baht, if it is legal at all, and than you will get it all in cash

and out of the banking system.

so here you see, thailand is not a safe place for your money, even if it is just cash

sitting in the bank !!!

Funny, when I stated the fear of bringing in money for a retirement visa here, many posters told me I was crazy to think I wouldn't be able to get the money out of the country when I wanted to. I also told the story that there are many business owners on Samui who had to leave and couldn't get their money out. Posters told me that was absurd. Where are they now?

Edited by ehgnyc

We bought a really lux condo in Bkk for 15 million 7 years back. Both my wife and I areon Non-O retirement extension of stays, with valid re-entry multi entry until Feb 2021. We returned to India in mid Feb for a family wedding. Been in India ever since. No answers from the Thai embassy in New Delhi. Condo lying locked up, car sitting in the parking. Had rented out our main residence in Delhi coz we didn't need it. Now staying with our kids in their rather small apartment. Let them not open to tourists, but let people like us return to our locked homes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

To me it seems that these people are milk cows to the Thai.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Who buys property to live in, in a country where they have no right to reside?  ????

There are few “rights” left in the world, but I am sure that they were granted the privilege of residency. But there’s the problem between “rights” and “privilege” one is revocable one isn’t.

Never give up a right and accept a privilege no matter how much icings it’s covered with!

• Like 2

I checked other countries like Japan, Vietnam and New Zealand, and they are also closed to outsiders... so Thailand is no worse.  On the other hand, they could open up to O and O-As and other visa types as long as they do the ASQ thing and basically prove that they don't have Covid and will pay for the cost.  It's just a case of handling the numbers with what resources are available.

18 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“Thaivisa plans to take their concerns forward to the Thai authorities to highlight the injustice for those who have invested heavily both financially and personally in Thailand“

A step in the right direction.  

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Seems they are interested  about new investors and no care for the persons who have invested already. 

No surprising to anyone who has lived in any of the various Chinese countries, including Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry  the Gov  do not care about  the  millions  of Baht already spent in Thailand  ..too bad mate  

They want  new  millions  spent  for  economy now  

So these  offers  of  special  investment Visa  are on the table

However  very few  investers  will  take up these  offers  Thaialnd  has had its  day 

The world   now knows Thailand is not  the Thailand  of old ....Now  seems very   racist  and  very  corrupt   Gov....people  have  lost faith  and interest in the  new  Thailand  also  it is  too close  to  China  now  which  is not  popular   world  wide 

No longer  the land of smiles  but seems  the  Gov  is a land  of dreamers

Good Luck  Thailand

• Like 2

Maybe if those stuck in UK for example, could organize a demonstration outside the London Thai embassy and put it on face book, then little Tu Tu would have to do something, to try and save his face. It could even be a worldwide one to highlight how unfair Thailand is treating these expats.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Was knowing your visa is temporary for a year and you have to report every 90 days to disclose your whereabouts not evidence enough?

No, when I first came here. there was no compulsary 90 day report[ng, just a nice pleasant day out to the border every 90 days, I sure feel cheated now, being treated like a criminal with this ridiculous 90 day reporting.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

No, when I first came here. there was no compulsary 90 day report[ng, just a nice pleasant day out to the border every 90 days, I sure feel cheated now, being treated like a criminal with this ridiculous 90 day reporting.

How long ago was no 90 day reporting ?

21 hours ago, Kadilo said:

If not financially, then this image projected that foreigners are not important will bite them from all angles once they want to attract back tourism. Add the current demos in the mix and Thailand’s image is not looking so good. 

How can it be anything else with a bunch of tinpot soldiers trying to run the country?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

How long ago was no 90 day reporting ?

I said no "compulsary" 90 day reporting. When I first came here to stay in 2005, there were some retirees doing the 90 day border run, and some with the money in the bank and doing the 90 day reporting.