New condo buyers offered visa and Elite Card but stranded expats are left out in the cold

webfact

9 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

i made the mistake of investing in this place,im here but i cant leave as i cant return,so a version of events.it means i cant work or visit a family member whos ill.in the future when this lifts i will sell up and leave.i do actually own 100% my property its just the mkts slow right now.the problems the govt reaction on all levels.the lack of any rights for foreign people even if u r married or have children ,have invested in a business that provides tek and employment.i feel this gov is more incompetent nationalistic and corrupt than others,even thais as shown by the demos have had enough and are saying what they think for possibly the first time,fascists usually pull the nationalistic card as a last ditch attempt to stay in the game.i do feel its time eu/usa/uk/japan pulled the rug from under them.this gov is looking to china as a blueprint to stay in control ad infinitum as has cambodia and laos.obviously thats not in ours or most thais interest.we see eu and usa has taken a hard stance on putin poisoning his enemies and a soft tack on china who have millions in the camps,so looking for moral guidance in that direction is not hopeful but unlike russia and china thailand is heavily reliant on the eu thru japan set of countries for just about everything.its in those countries best interest to safeguard their citizens rights and also help the thais to throw off this fascist shroud.leadership should come from the usa but theyve always used thais fascism or ignored it ,see the military govs during vietnam war and the previous reaction to govt massacres.usa is going thru a political quagmire the last god knows how many yrs with bush obama trump and now this election fiasco so a lack of competent leadership once again.so it looks like people must make their own minds up so when the cuffs come off IMO i think we will see westerners and their businesses leave in large nos to be replaced by greed control IE PRC unless thais can push the status quo out the door.

The government has a lot more challenges than a few foreigners stuck in their own country.

Political instability, Job-less people, Not tourists and a Crashing-down economic ... just to name a few. No wonder they have not really gotten to fix the issue with the stranded foreigners yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The treatment by Thailands Government of those foreigners with existing ties to Thailand has been nothing less than absolute abhorrent and despicable. 

If a foreigner has a legitimate reason to enter they will be allowed in. 

The only group not allowed in as far as I am aware are 'retirees' as they are considered high risk. 

What constitutes 'existing ties'? 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3