Police deployed in Ratchaprasong area amid planned protest, warn against ‘illegal’ assembly after 5pm

webfact

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

URGENT: MRT has just announced that they have closed ALL of their stations across #Bangkok on the Blue Line. At the moment, the Purple Line, ARL and BTS are operating as normal. This is due to the planned #ม็อบ17ตุลา protest at train stations at 3pm #Thailand

Isn’t it ironic that the preventive measures by the Thai government to stop the #ม็อบ17ตุลา taking place is leading to a #BangkokShutdown? Like yesterday they closed major roads which forced shopping malls to close. Now it looks like the rail system in #Bangkok will shutdown too.

I was expecting this today but your confirmation is evidence.  good ..... thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

d!ckheads have closed all airport link and MRT/BTS stations .... cheers for that, now the wife and thousands of others are stuck in central bkk and now me and many others will have to drive in rush hour traffic...thanks again

be careful what you say about authorities.   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, anchadian said:
An annoyed Richard Barrow! He’s right. It’s an absurd overreaction and only makes the Thai authorities look weak and panicky in the face of a movement mostly of teenagers and people in their 20s.
Quote Tweet

Richard Barrow in Thailand 

@RichardBarrow
· 26m
The Thai government has ordered the complete shutdown of the electric train network in #Bangkok in anticipation that there MIGHT be a #ม็อบ17ตุลา protest rally SOMEWHERE in the capital. No BTS or MRT trains running. This #BangkokShutdown wasn’t done by the protesters #Thailand

bangkok shutdown.jpg

Good news.  As expected. 

2 minutes ago, greeneking said:

We need more information. I know about Bangkok,, but are things haopening in Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, Korat, Ubon etc?

Richard Barrow just now reported about protests from Pattaya Beach. Hundreds of protesters there.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Good news.  As expected. 

And yet it did not work, the protestors did an end around and now the Government really has egg on it's face, and they have also disenfranchised those who wanted to stay out of the fray, but the Government dragged them into it anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I posted this in another Op regarding the Governments heavy handedness and now infringing on the rights of all people including foreigners who rely on transport in the capital.

you have confirmed what was expected and required. 

4 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Here is how this is going to end:

A resurgence (real or not) of covid 19 cases is going to "force" the government to reintroduce lockdowns, curfew and the whole shebang...

We can only hope .....   thanks

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And yet it did not work, the protestors did an end around and now the Government really has egg on it's face, and they have also disenfranchised those who wanted to stay out of the fray, but the Government dragged them into it anyway.

nonsense ..... the government will act accordingly and this will be over within an acceptable time frame.

You really think the government & Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will step down because of a bunch of school students and others edging them on. I seriously doubt it, but I'm always welcome to your sensible comments so lets see what develops.   thx

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

sorry .... no as expected.  

You need to look a little harder Steven.  Khon Kaen has many people at a location, thousands in fact as well as Pattaya and Udon Thani, and many others.  Do not think that it is only happening here in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nonsense ..... the government will act accordingly and this will be over within an acceptable time frame.

You really think the government & Gen Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will step down because of a bunch of school students and others edging them on. I seriously doubt it, but I'm always welcome to your sensible comments so lets see what develops.   thx

it's a bunch of school students then, not the mass of the Thai population. Thanks for that, I'll sleep easier in my bed.

• Haha 1