Police deployed in Ratchaprasong area amid planned protest, warn against ‘illegal’ assembly after 5pm

webfact

18 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Easiest thing to do for this area is to cut their cellular signal and the live broadcast will end...

It seems the Sun live feed was cut. Have to check for video clips uploaded to twitter after that.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:

Those water cannons were definitely not operating on high pressure, but just giving people a soaking.

yes .... that's exactly my first thought when i see the truck come through.

If that was on full the protestor wouldn't be upright.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Not certain that these youngsters are part of the Border Patrol Police? Can you support your thoughts with any details?

The patches don't match. But maybe these are Scout BCPs?

That said, the chaps in full riot gear at Ratchaprasong this afternoon do have the BCP patches (war elephant with all the options) clearly visible.

I think the color scarves denote the actual police group - there are so many groups. Just a guess. Bright green seem to be Bangkok metropolitan Police. 

Look, you posed a question. I answered it to the best of my knowledge. If you want more information, don't want to accept my answer and are close enough to them to recognise their shoulder patches, then don't ask me for supporting details, go and ask them yourself!

They are certainly not the Thai equivalent of OTC. They wear green fatigues and khaki berets.

41 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Maybe the water canons are crappy Chinese made and that's the best they can do ????

Seemed to spend more time soaking the police than the protestors....555

Can't now, but used p**s harder than that.

Edited by Surelynot

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I only see a recording that goes black when people started fleeing the watercannons, then black with "LiveU" logo on it.

I stand corrected. It looks like the version on the Sun website right now is a 2 hour, 13 minute recording, not live, even though the link is listed that way.

More to protest tonight. Probably many different locations will pop up at the last moment. This governments next move will be a curfew I have a feeling. It will not deter them,just like it did not deter Sutheps group in 2014.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1