Police deployed in Ratchaprasong area amid planned protest, warn against ‘illegal’ assembly after 5pm

webfact

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I posted this in another Op regarding the Governments heavy handedness and now infringing on the rights of all people including foreigners who rely on transport in the capital.

Good to spread the word but bad for commuters today.

Edited by anchadian

d!ckheads have closed all airport link and MRT/BTS stations .... cheers for that, now the wife and thousands of others are stuck in central bkk and now me and many others will have to drive in rush hour traffic...thanks again

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, anchadian said:

yes, but the recent protests don't bring the numbers.

it's pretty clear from the various pictures over recent days that protesters struggle to get people together.

that's because protesters don't pay the redshirt base to make up the numbers, so the protests will be easily controlled by the police.

'struggle to get numbers together " ? I guess you can't count, there were  many thousand for 3 days 

Exactly and now they are congregating at three different locations.

Taksin.jpg

there aren't many people in your picture.

so far the protests have remained relatively low in numbers, if compared to 2010 where not just some intersections but whole streets were completely packed.

I guess currently the numbers remain well below 100.000

• Haha 1

The scenes can be seen on some mediums. It is nothing like the news it's war on the streets. The streets are calling for change. You only have to see that watch lovers mug to realise they are s-hit-ting themselves as these demos are the main reason for closure and they are not stopping anytime soon. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You need to get some glasses mate, or your just being sarcastic with your comments.  This mass protest is now sweeping to all the different parts and cities within Thailand.  Only a matter of time that a curfew will be in place I fear, and checkpoints staffed by the military as in 2014, but it will not deter the protestors as they have social media at there disposal and unless the Government puts the whole country in a black out, pop up events will sweep all over.

I'd like to explain what I think, but I can't.

5 minutes ago, tgw said:

555 good one

It was a rational response, if you needed to vent without it being in the open.  My feelings never get hurt unlike some whose feathers get ruffled, sort of like the Government right now...lol