It's official! First batch of foreign STV tourists arriving from Shanghai today - but no red carpet!

webfact

A quick check of Suvarnabhumi Airport arrivals show 60 odd internal flights per day arriving at the airport.

https://www.bangkokairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

That would tell me that most of those 1,200 to 1,600 people are on internal flights, not international arrivals.

The figures the spokesman gave are probably true, just not all of the story.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shuya said:

yay, these Chinese "tourists" will save Thailand! 

Indeed, since Thailand does not have enough infected cases to successfully produce or test their vaccine.  Thailand is COVID-free after all, and it's prudent to import the Chinese to support the testing of the vaccine.

• Haha 2

Either there is an ulterior motive or someone else is paying for these “tourists” to come here. Why would anyone in their right mind put up with all of this nonsense to lie on a Thai beach or visit a few Temples. Something else is going on here.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Heathrow are testing on arrival for certain airlines from today with a new test which supposedly more accurate than the PCR test. I don't know why Thailand is dragging it's the feet with this issue, it's pretty obvious the country needs tourists and money  flowing into the economy. Apparently the UK is a high risk country and won't be accepted for STV at present, it's only high risk because the fools test people without symptoms, Thailand has got it right, just don't bother testing and it goes away 555. Tens of 1000s protesters, but no covid, hmm.

I think the tests are before departure, not on arrival

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54604100

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, androokery said:

I think the tests are before departure, not on arrival

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54604100

Yes, I was half asleep reading it lol. LAMP test (Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification), I don't know much about this test, I'll have a read later on. Something needs to change pretty fast with travel, too much time wasting and not enough action.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/20/rapid-covid-test-heathrow-aiiport-coronavirus-cost-italy-hong-kong

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

So the first people they let into Thailand are Chinese are they property owners? Well I am and can’t get back to it. I have invested a lot of money into Thailand over the 30 years I have been coming to stay.They need to let us back in to at least let us try and sell it to a Chinese person if that is the only Country allowed in as we are not allowed back.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The Thais have to quarantine as well for 14 days, so what difference does it make if they are exposed on the plane, they still all need to quarantine for 14 days and have multiple tests throughout that time.

Your the 2nd person who has raised this point. Am i missing something?

Your missing the point that when the returning thais that are not being tested at the point where they return from can infect the people wanting to come here that have to go threu hoops before they come here and have to be tested have insurance need lots of money in the bank and when everything is ok are able to come here and then being infected in the plane are !@#$ when they test positive when finally here . Being tested here and test positive will be worse then just the 14 days quarantine and much more expensive and stressfull . Sorry for the missing   . and , but this is the point your missing .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

They will undergo the 14-day quarantine in alterative state facilities, and if they are clear of infection, they will be allowed to travel around the country. However, each tourist will be required to have a tracker app.

If they are clear of the virus after 14 days, why do they need a tracker App?  What is the purpose of that?

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He has told the six airports run by the AoT - namely Chiang Mai, Don Muang, Mae Fah Luang, Phuket, Hat Yai and Chiang Rai - to get Covid ready, according to Daily News. 

The six airports run by the AoT are Chiang mai, Don Muang, Phuket, Hat Yai, Suvarnahbumi and Chiang Rai

The official name of the Chiang Rai airport is Mae Fah Luang.

Not a big deal but in a supposed journalistic article it's still better to avoid such basic error

• Like 1

Right Bangkok post, none of the tourists in the photos look Chinese! The ground crew is a farang which is very unusual! Why if this is tourists arriving in Bangkok are the Exit sign in English only and not in the native language 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Who, if infected, could pass it onto any one of these 41 aliens, if it's true, what many posters say, that Thai returnees don't need to be tested before flying !

Thai nationals on repatriation flights don't need to be tested. It's up to the airline,though. It doesn't say in the article if these thai are repatriated and not tested. 

• Confused 2

Happy days are here again, the sky is bringing lots of sun, and the Chinese are bringing back the fun, Happy days are here again!.  Wondering which ASQ they will be staying at.  I guess all you have to do is wait until later when it quiets down and you will hear them bellowing through the walls at each other.  Awe the sound of non-silence.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Adelphi said:

If you had tested negative for Covid before you got on the plane would you be happy for a bunch of untested Thais to get on and sit next to you?  I certainly would not.

Well, did you touch a door knob after you tested?  Ride in taxi or train? touch a piece of money?  Touch a hand rail on stair or escalator? Elevator buttons? Touch the counter at the check in counter?  Touch a bin for your bag going through security? Touch anything on the plane?

The point, there are 100's of vectors for acquiring any of the 1000's if not tens of 1000's of viruses or bacteria out in the world that can cause harm we come in contact with every day.

Unless the person sitting beside you is coughing, spitting, sneezing on you then you are no more at risk of being infected than by any of those other vectors.  Because that person is wearing a mask and we all know a mask is magic against virus......

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1