It's official! First batch of foreign STV tourists arriving from Shanghai today - but no red carpet!

webfact

3 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Well, did you touch a door knob after you tested?  Ride in taxi or train? touch a piece of money?  Touch a hand rail on stair or escalator? Elevator buttons? Touch the counter at the check in counter?  Touch a bin for your bag going through security? Touch anything on the plane?

The point, there are 100's of vectors for acquiring any of the 1000's if not tens of 1000's of viruses or bacteria out in the world that can cause harm we come in contact with every day.

Unless the person sitting beside you is coughing, spitting, sneezing on you then you are no more at risk of being infected than by any of those other vectors.  Because that person is wearing a mask and we all know a mask is magic against virus......

Simply untrue.  People who are asymptomatic can spread the virus even though they are not coughing or sneezing.  I know we can not eliminate risk entirely but we can reduce it.  If everyone getting on the plane has tested negative for Covid, wears a mask and hand sanitises then that will very significantly reduce the risk of getting the virus.  Lets not make the mistake of making an idealised notion of 100% safety the enemy of good practice.

Edited by Adelphi
  • Like 2

Sorry  I look and look  I can not see many if any Chinese?  A couple only in pic 

These are people trying to escape from China  I think

Blonde haired chinese  Fat  Chinese  dont think so 

Well it  has Started   so glad that the  pandemic  world  wide is  nearly over  ...Hahahahahaha!

Good  Luck  Thailand 

1 hour ago, HarryWho said:

The repatriated Thais don't need to have a negative Covid test as part of their paperwork.  They can use a Fit-To-Fly that doesn't include a negative Covid test.  Bizarre but true.  So, they are more likely to have it than the "clean" aliens who have been tested in the last 72 hours.

Not coming from China like this flight. Nobody should have it.

14 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The Thais have to quarantine as well for 14 days, so what difference does it make if they are exposed on the plane, they still all need to quarantine for 14 days and have multiple tests throughout that time.

Your the 2nd person who has raised this point. Am i missing something?

I assume everyone else on the plane would be comforted to know that there is at least an effort in place to prevent an infected person boarding. If they are not testing Thai citizens before they board then the chance that they are letting an infected person on the plane is obviously higher. Covid free passengers who have undergone a test before boarding obviously don’t want to be exposed while they are sitting on the plane.

Does that clear it up for you?

I don't believe for 1 second that these "tourists" are actually that. More likely those with property or business interests in Thailand seeking to secure their investments or make new investments at bargain prices. 14 days quarantine for a 30 day stay. Tourists my <deleted>! 

1 minute ago, soi3eddie said:

I don't believe for 1 second that these "tourists" are actually that. More likely those with property or business interests in Thailand seeking to secure their investments or make new investments at bargain prices. 14 days quarantine for a 30 day stay. Tourists my <deleted>! 

Well, those on elite cards are also on tourist visa entries, so... :crazy:

Airport testing before boarding a flight and airport testing on arrival are the only ways to open boarders and get the world travelling again. Simples. Forget vaccinations as its unlikely enough people would vaccinate and take risks of new unproven vaccines. 

13 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

I know many countries where nobody should have it.

They all have one thing common particular: they do not test much (and also low level about anything in relation with instruction).

Near Thailand, the world championship for this category is Lao.

Do you think they are really far to be COVID infected ? Supermen's land maybe ?

Can we seriously stop believing all the time in things that are impossible or very unlikely ? To believe all the time in merchants of ingenious dreams and in sellers of ties?

Be that as it may, there is almost no covid in China. You may not want to believe it but it is still true.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Be that as it may, there is almost no covid in China. You may not want to believe it but it is still true.

My (mainland) Chinese counterparts (technology parts suppliers) have a different point of view on that - from where did you get this information?

Edited by jabis

4 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I should have been on that plane but was told it was sold out. Plenty of seats left. Sad for them, two less flip-flops on the ground. The disorganization of these flights is mind boggling. BTW: 40,300 for a one way ticket on a four hour flight.

They don't want anyone in flip-flops. Next time you go to buy a ticket, wear some fancy shoes.

• Haha 1

Finally. This is a start. Things have to start somewhere. Chinese tourists make sense because it is the #1 tourist group in terms of numbers, it is nearby with thousands of 737s lined up ready to go, and is low risk.

I fully expect to be shot down in flames.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Who, if infected, could pass it onto any one of these 41 aliens, if it's true, what many posters say, that Thai returnees don't need to be tested before flying !

I helped send 2 Thai girls who were students staying with us at home on the first repat flight to BK. 

They had a fit to fly from the local GP and a declaration form signed that they had not been in a covid area for 2 weeks, all docs had to be less than 72 hours old. They had to do 2 weeks state quarantine on arrival, their mother went into quarantine with them. 

Cost then was 3700 NZ each, quarantine was free, process simple for Thais, not simple for expats as we well know. 

Some good news is I got a local insurance Thai company price for basic cover to be allowed back 25000 Bhat for one year so thinking about doing it after Xmas if flights look OK 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

most likely on a mission for the Chinese government.

CP group executives, that's who they are Mr Dhanins mates on a shopping spree, quarantine will be a breeze, special service, and I would bet - they've all had a jab of the newly approved C19 vaccine and this trip will be hailed a screaming success Watch this space. 

18 hours ago, smutcakes said:

The Thais have to quarantine as well for 14 days, so what difference does it make if they are exposed on the plane, they still all need to quarantine for 14 days and have multiple tests throughout that time.

Perhaps if one goes thru all the trouble of being and tested covid free BEFORE the journey to thailand only to ve infected by a dirty thai is rich.  Then its hazmat suits and hospitals vs just staying in the room with isolation and rest.  Thats the difference.  ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

So exactly how many were Chinese?  In the couple of pics that were shown, there was white guys.

And white females, I've never seen reddish / blonde haired heavy set Chinese women before, I won't comment further....

20 hours ago, smutcakes said:

you  die whilst in quarantine due to catching covid  off a  Thai caught during the flight........is  what you  missed and begs the question why then test foreigners  at  all preflight if they arent testing thais?

Edited by bodga
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:39 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Who, if infected, could pass it onto any one of these 41 aliens, if it's true, what many posters say, that Thai returnees don't need to be tested before flying !

Its true that Thais don't have to be tested before they return but are tested twice after return

• Confused 2

On 10/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, Thaiwrath said:

Have a Thai (national) friend returning here from Hong Kong, and whilst the health department here don't require a Covid19 test prior to flying, Thai Airways do! 

I think a lot of airlines are requiring this, irrespective of destination regulations. 

14 hours ago, jabis said:

My (mainland) Chinese counterparts (technology parts suppliers) have a different point of view on that - from where did you get this information?

My Chinese friend (engineer in oil and gas) living in Nanjing also has a very different view on this, as do his ex university doctor friends working there. (actually these doctors were forced  against their will, to go to work in Wuhan earlier in the year)