Anutin: Completely safe to open up Thailand to foreign tourism

webfact

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Well of course it needs to be determined if the vaccine had something to do with that death. I think all logical people that aren't motivated by politics want any vaccine that is released to be proven safe and effective. Effective can mean protecting as little as 50 percent of the people taking it. I can see that safety standards are trickier. Would people say it's not worth doing if the vaccine killed one in a million, for example? I assume most people would accept some low level of risk. Also there are numerous vaccines being developed globally. Most will fail relative to the one or more that are deemed adequate.

Also you're spreading misinformation to suggest that Covid-19 disease is the "same" as seasonal flu in danger. No, it's not. Covid-19 is more dangerous, not only in potential fatality but also in long term organ damage. 

I was taking the mortality figures from the WHO, they said roughly 10% of the world infected and it worked out to a 0.14% death rate. Facebook fact checked me on this saying it was partially true, tbh it's difficult to believe anything at present. I read stuff and post what I read.

Countries need to open up before any vaccines are released, the world is getting a tetchy place at present and the economies need to keep on rolling. I'm just hoping the dinosaurs will disappear soon and Thailand opens up. I don't mind having a couple of tests, but no 14 day quarantine.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Astazeneca volunteer died today, so vaccines might not be a good idea for a few years.

He had signed up but had not yet been given the vaccine.

Any testing involving tens of thousands of people all over the world (30,000 in the US alone) is bound to encounter some illness and deaths that have nothing to do with the vaccine. What they are looking for is a pattern of side-effects that can be attributed to the Vaccine.

That this vaccine and ten others have reached phase 3 with so few incidents is a remarkably positive sign.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, donnacha said:

He had signed up but had not yet been given the vaccine.

Any testing involving tens of thousands of people all over the world (30,000 in the US alone) is bound to encounter some illness and deaths that have nothing to do with the vaccine. That this vaccine and ten others have reached phase 3 with so few incidents is a remarkably positive sign.

I read it The Sun a couple of hours ago, The Mail has the story now and has confirmed that he didn't take the vaccine.

I just hope countries don't go down the route of insisting on vaccinations before entering, personally I don't see the need for myself to take it. In 10 months in 3 countries I've met 1 positive person.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A Vaccination won’t solve the problem, you can still get flu after a flu vaccination and infect others.

What governments all over the world, including the Thai government, are looking for is a plausible narrative that will allow them to back down from their massive overreaction to the virus without losing face.

At all costs, they must avoid their populations realizing that the lockdowns and ensuing destruction of their economies could have avoided by simply shielding the vulnerable. The resulting anger could be enough to tear down the existing elites in almost every country.

Regardless of how effective the upcoming vaccines may be, we are about to witness an unspoken global agreement between governments and the media to pretend that they are effective enough for the world economy to return to normal.

Anyone questioning the narrative will be castigated as an "anti-vaxxer" and censored on the major social media platforms. There is so much at stake here, no dissent will be tolerated.

Just to be clear, I am not a conspiracy nut, it is simply clear to me that this is how things are shaping up. If it is made a requirement for international travel, I will go and get whatever shot I need to get certified.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A Vaccination won’t solve the problem, you can still get flu after a flu vaccination and infect others.  Countries need to open up and manage COVID,Thailand has no idea how to move forward apart from scaremongering the people and very expensive hoops to jump through if you want to come wether as a tourist or as a long term retiree.

The flu vaccine does not cover all strains of the flu, only the one considered most prevalent at the time.

• Like 1

Anutin - famous for his rants against non-mask wearing foreigners early in the pandemic - struck a confident pose...

Says the guy with the unusually large head who never apologizes for racist comments. Go ahead open up...and watch the Thai public whip into a frenzy when their CCP comrades...ahhhh...tourists bring the China virus with them. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fangless said:

And not a mask in site or social distancing in the photo above.

Only foreigners need masks - Thai's are safe.

"Anutin - famous for his rants against non-mask wearing foreigners early in the pandemic"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybuz said:

The flu vaccine does not cover all strains of the flu, only the one considered most prevalent at the time.

Flu itself is a completely different virus , with very short times between a new strain comes along . So they actually make the vaccine based on the most probable change the virus will make .If the virus changes different , which does happen , then the flu vaccine does not work .

Covid , so far is changing every 2 weeks , but the changes are at the moment too small to make any difference .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sezze said:

Flu itself is a completely different virus , with very short times between a new strain comes along . So they actually make the vaccine based on the most probable change the virus will make .If the virus changes different , which does happen , then the flu vaccine does not work .

Covid , so far is changing every 2 weeks , but the changes are at the moment too small to make any difference .

Changing every 2 weeks, don't believe everything you read. They will roll out the vaccine, reduce the testing and lower Ct value that amplifies the genetic material, bingo, pandemic over. The vaccine doesn't have to be a complete success either, no one will know anyway, put the deaths to flu and pneumonia.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He praised the arrivals like pioneers for their fortitude in accepting all the regulations.

Because they probably had cause to want to come here to visit relatives property or businesses, as a tourist I can't see it happening with the current regulations.

Thee numbers required to keep thousands of Thais employed are not going to  be coming this year, and that's bad news for the service industry.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DLock said:

Thai Visa are a fickle lot.

Anutin shuts the country down to tourism - you complain.

Anutin says it's time to open up to tourism - you complain.

It's not the fact of doing either one that's being complained about, it's how it's being done, period.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, essox essox said:

have you got something against "THESE PIONEERS" ????....shame on YOU !!!

i had the best TOMATO SOUP EVER IN A CHINESE RESTAURANT...in Grantham in the early seventies......and the steak, chips and peas were GREAT too....I was on my way back to yorkieland having been to watch the challenge cup final (rugby league) at Wembley...

The 40 Chinese tourists are pioneers..am I missing something here?Who exactly are they..rich individuals,business men or Communist Party hierarchy here on a TAT funded all expenses paid 'fact finding'sorte?It's fairly obvious TAT are hitching to open the flood gates sooner rather than later with no responsibilities or consequences attached if it all goes pear shaped!Do they honestly not see what's happened in Europe since they relaxed their restrictions?

On 10/21/2020 at 3:44 AM, mtls2005 said:

How does he explain the positive cases found in quarantine daily?

I'll say that these Chinese "tourists" are probably 'safer' than the normal re-patters. And that I understand you have to start somehwere.

As long as they quarantine for 14 days everything should be fine.

@mtls2005 im glad it meets your approval.the thai government will be able to proceed now that you have give it the ok.

I'm sorry, I just can't - look at him. This guy looks like he's retarded. Apologies to all retarded people out there.

He just needs to <deleted>. But he can't, none of them can.

Thailand: a flip flop country, lurching and stumbling on, like a drunk with palsey.