Anxious U.S. voters choose between Biden, Trump after vitriolic campaign

webfact

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I am well aware of what the house is vs the senate.

According to Politico the Dems have 143 and the GOP 154 at the moment.

It's a while till the election is called though so it's anyone's guess at the moment.

Senate GOP 46 to 45 for the Dems.

House just got another GOP seat while I was writing the above, oops, make that 2 more.

No!

The democrats keep the house. 

Zero doubt about that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/house-races/2020/11/02/9823d974-1d64-11eb-b532-05c751cd5dc2_story.html

House Democrats poised to strengthen their majority

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You'd actually quote the Washington Post to me!

LOL.

Its an excellent source of news. 

It wish it was legal to place bets here because if you really believe the Republicans will take the house that would be the easiest money ever.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Googling "live us vote count" should give you The Associated Press results as the first hit.

224/213 to Biden, The Donald is coming up on the rails.

Pennsylvania is the big one but I heard on the radio that they've stopped counting and gone home for a sleep.

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It wish it was legal to place bets here because if you really believe the Republicans will take the house that would be the easiest money ever.

I'm not saying which party will win, but it's too close to be sure. 171 to 165. Senate GOP ahead by 1.

50 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pennsylvania is the big one but I heard on the radio that they've stopped counting and gone home for a sleep.

A massive lead for Trump though.

Biden is 700,000 votes behind with only 36% of votes remaining. Biden would need a MASSIVE amount of those remaining votes to overtake Trump. Given he only got 42.4% of the 64% counted so far, it's safe to say that's Trump's as well.

image.png.249fa4b6759153e42ec42a968cd37ab2.png

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling image removed

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Dems 174 to 167.

If Trump wins, the senate is GOP and the house is Democrat, does that mean we get a new impeachment every month for the next 4 years?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

A massive lead for Trump though.

Biden is 700,000 votes behind with only 36% of votes remaining. Biden would need a MASSIVE amount of those remaining votes to overtake Trump. Given he only got 42.4% of the 64% counted so far, it's safe to say that's Trump's as well.

image.png.249fa4b6759153e42ec42a968cd37ab2.png

image.png.b15eaa49df0da6e818d39c4e68252ec4.png

It's never over till it's over, but for sure it's a nailbiter.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm not saying which party will win, but it's too close to be sure. 171 to 165. Senate GOP ahead by 1.

I am. The democrats will keep control of the house. Zero doubt. Maybe you should move on to where there is still doubt.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dems 174 to 167.

If Trump wins, the senate is GOP and the house is Democrat, does that mean we get a new impeachment every month for the next 4 years?

No.

But if the senate goes Democrat another impeachment is possible. 

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Looking pretty good for Biden now. The early voting ballots in MI and WI certainly favor him, and with Biden taking AZ and NE-2, he won't even need PA.

Looking forward to President Biden!

Possibly.

Let's count all the votes.

Biden is still favored to win but that doesn't necessarily mean he will.

Edited by Jingthing

Given all the media bias against Trump over the past 4 years, it has to say something about Biden that he hasn't won the election by a landslide.

The guy that has correctly predicted the election since 1984 ( Allan Lichtman ) that was paraded out on radio here and I think on CNN must be really sweating, as he said Biden wins.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Sunshine just claimed victory while only at 213 electoral votes and vows to go to the Supreme Court to stop ballot counting.  Erdogan and Kim just drank a glass of wine! 

Even though the Supreme Court decisions for all States, but one, confirmed go-ahead to count postal votes that were post marked up to 03/11. A number of analysts are claiming the reason being trump wishes to stop counting postal votes it is likely he will lose. Unsure if the number includes all currently outstanding votes to be counted, but the number mentioned is four million. Biden has won Arizona, so Biden can still win, albeit by a very small margin of Electoral College votes. trump's approach to the Supreme Count, will only create even deeper partisan division.

Mr Trump, a Republican, claimed to have won and vowed to launch a Supreme Court challenge, baselessly alleging fraud.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54791113

Edited by simple1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I said "congress" I was including the senate. Perhaps that is wrong. Tell me if so.

No that is correct.

But it turns out we'll have the status quo.

The democrats will hold the house.

The Republicans will hold the senate unfortunately.

No flips.

So you still think wapo is such.a bad source or only when you don't like what they're reporting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-races/2020/11/02/61b35ef6-1d63-11eb-ba21-f2f001f0554b_story.html

Republicans clinging to Senate majority

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Sunshine just claimed victory while only at 213 electoral votes and vows to go to the Supreme Court to stop ballot counting.  Erdogan and Kim just drank a glass of wine! 

That's the kind of thing illiberal anti democracy authoritarian dictators do.

If Biden pulls this out 45 has now incited his fans to civil war. 

No I'm not exaggerating.

• Sad 1