Ghost ships spur fears for Phuket tourism industry

snoop1130

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Despite government stimulus measures and a mobile Cabinet meeting held In Phuket this week, local businesses have expressed fears that tourism here may never recover.

Wish they would stop describing these as stimulus measures. The scarlet pimpernel could 'stimulate' the head of the hi-so in the basket for eternity, but it would not bring the  body back to life

• Like 1

Normally this time of the year is when we start get all the boats coming back to Phuket they park up in the bay at Nai Harn beach I'll have to take a drive down there and see whats happening, I suppose they wont be allowed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Litlos said:

This is cruise ships parked up in Manila Bay, more there now I believe invluding two of the most notorious ships, the Diamond Princess and Ruby Princess. I believe 22 cruise ships calling Manila bay home.

Cruise ships anchored at Manila Bay waiting for disembarkation clearance from the authorities for their Filipino crews. AFP

It's a cheap anchorage.

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

But wait, there is now only a 10 day quarantine to be had.  The arms have lovingly opened up to welcome those Ghost Tourists for the Ghost Cruise Ships...time to get real Thailand!

Yes but 10 quarantine for which country. Only for "similar low risk country as thailand"