What period of time must bank statements span?

On 11/8/2020 at 6:22 PM, crowned said:

I entered the Kingdom from Australia 26 November, and almost ready to exit quarantine. On Non O (O-X)retirement visa. Obviously I'll need to set up banking quickly to start the transfer of funds (using THB 1.8M deposit and THB 1.2M income transferred during the year for my yearly visit to IO.

I'm going by most people's advice on the forum and hoping for a Bangkok Bank account to perhaps use Transferwize.

a. Am I correct in thinking Bangkok is the most suitable to show the transfers as "from overseas" ?

b. Are Kasikorn and TMB suitable alternatives for me to try?

c. How important are the deposit dates each month.......would I go by Calendar months, or 26 to 26 dates as I entered on 26th? 

sorry for the questions, but just would like to be slightly confident of doing it correctly from the start.

Much appreciated for any advice

If you use TransferWise when setting up the transfer at one point they ask the reason why you are sending money so you tick the last item which is for long stay in Thailand.

a) BKK bank records your transfers as FTT which shows that the money comes from offshore, and can be seen in the bank book and on the statement. Kasikorn don't seem to do that and I have no idea about TMB.

c)  I use calendar months for statements as it is much easier that way. I also download the ban statements onto my computer as a backup.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.  I will make that argument at my Bangkok Bank branch.

Note:. If you useTransferwise, you must tick the long-stay box.  Otherwise, your transfers may come from another bank in-country and not be coded FTT.  You must have a transfer in each calendar month.  Nothing else is acceptable if you are using the monthly transfer option.  They will not average large transfers into a monthly distribution.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

Unless your account is blocked from applying you can do it online if you have a ATM/Debit card.

See: https://ibanking.bangkokbank.com/Register/SignUp.aspx

Hi Urbonjoe, 

Do you know if Immigration Office accept self printout bank statements and not insisting on bank certified bank statements ?    My local IO is Jomtien.     Or others may know about it ? 

If IO accept self printout statements,  it would be much easier and less costly as well. 

On 11/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, sscc said:

Hi Urbonjoe, 

Do you know if Immigration Office accept self printout bank statements and not insisting on bank certified bank statements ?    My local IO is Jomtien.     Or others may know about it ? 

If IO accept self printout statements,  it would be much easier and less costly as well. 

Jomtien expect 2 bank letters.

One stating Mr Bloggs has account here and his balance is ---Baht

They will accept this if issued previous day if you go early morning.

The  2nd one they want a bank letter stating foreign  transfers of 65000 Baht or more for the previous year. Be advised best to get 13 months because if you apply November they will want all FTTs from November to November. when you explain that is 13 months they do not understand.

I take my Bangkok passbooks to my branch with yellow highlighted

FTT,S and they do the letter in about 30 minutes. It is only a tiny branch in Tesco but I know others report more problems and ask for it from head office - about a week.

Edited by pontious
add

On 11/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, tonray said:

Still have the statement problem. Need to prove it was there 2 months before and 3 months after with 400 there during entire year.. So need 12 or 13 month span

Why?  not a problem print off that 6 months. why you think you need 12 months???  been doing this for over a decade and 6 months is fine.

19 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Why?  not a problem print off that 6 months. why you think you need 12 months???  been doing this for over a decade and 6 months is fine.

Many people that have applied for their extension since March of this year have had to show proof that they have complied with the new rules that went into effect in March of last year.

Sorry about the typo.  The amount should have been 65,000.   I will use the 13-month strategy for my statements - April 2020 through March 2021and a single month statement for April 2021.