O1 multi entry covid 19 insurance

From USA I am requesting a COE along with a O1 multi entry visa.  Everything I have seen says I must have c19 insurance cover for the period of the visa.  I intend to leave Thailand after around 50 days of entry as I need to be in the USA at that time.  If I purchase C19 ins for a year most of ins carriers will stop the coverage when I leave Thailand OR I will be paying for the period (maybe 3-4 months) for nothing.

I have tried to phone the consulate with no luck.

Anyone had some experience with this?

• Haha 1

Sorry if I left something out, but I have most of those bases covered.  Ins for c10 for one year is almost 1K$ or if  you know better I still wish you input.  I have pre selected "digs".  Ridiculous is a bit strong but I respect your opinion and thanks for your response.

• Confused 1

The text on the Thai Embassies websites does not mention that the 100,000 US $ coverage of medical treatment in Thailand (including covid-19) should be aligned with your Visa validity.

It only mentions that the policy should cover your 'your intended period of stay'.

If you intend not to make full use of the validity of the Visa you apply for, but foresee to exit Thailand before that Visa expiry date, it would be recommended to contact the Embassy whether they would accept that and if so what evidence is needed (e.g. an outward-bound flight-ticket).

When you are under 70 years of age, you could consider making use of the SafetyWing travel-insurance < https://safetywing.com/nomad-insurance/ > package which offers covid-19 inclusive medical treatment as part of the accident/insurance cover (250.000 US $) that insurance provides.  Policy subscription period is flexible, and depending on your age their full travel-insurance policy is often cheaper than the TGIA covid-19 only insurance provided by TIP.

Thank you Peter Dennis.

I'm over 70 but that is good info for other members.

I have had problems with contacting embassy in us.

BTW--Is there an "agent" in USA that will take care of this application process?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MiclB said:

BTW--Is there an "agent" in USA that will take care of this application process?

As far as I know there are not agents in USA that provide assistance with the Visa application process and the current CoE application process.

But there are several threads on the ThaiVisa process going into full detail on these issues, and most probably also much info on dedicated Thailand blogs on Facebook.

To search for info on ThaiVisa > just use Google and type in ThaiVisa followed by the keywords of what you are looking for, e.g. Visa application in US, or CoE application in US.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:35 AM, MiclB said:

From USA I am requesting a COE along with a O1 multi entry visa.  Everything I have seen says I must have c19 insurance cover for the period of the visa.  I intend to leave Thailand after around 50 days of entry as I need to be in the USA at that time.  If I purchase C19 ins for a year most of ins carriers will stop the coverage when I leave Thailand OR I will be paying for the period (maybe 3-4 months) for nothing.

I have tried to phone the consulate with no luck.

Anyone had some experience with this?

Only a small few Visas are offered in the USA to travel to Thailand. I don't believe the Multiple Entry Tourist TR visa is currently available in the USA if that's the Visa you are referring to. Per the email I received on Friday from the Embassy they only list the Single Entry 60 day Visa, Non Imm O-A and O-X, and a couple other specific Visas as available. What is a Multi Entry 01 visa???

You only need Covid Insurance and Health Insurance for the length of time of your Visa stay or time Visa is valid for. No need or reason to pay for 1 year of insurance as it's not required. 

If you email them they will respond fairly quickly, 1 day to reply to me. They don't appear to be answering the phone much, if ever and their Website requests email communication.