Biden close to U.S. election victory as a defiant Trump vows to fight

rooster59

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

He's slower than before nobody is denying that but he's smart and experienced enough to organize an incredibly effective cabinet. I am worried about the transition period though. Definitely a vacuum now and an opportunity for enemies.

Couldn't be worse than the last time. Obama's team prepared loads of stuff- Trumps team turned up, went 'yeah, whatever' and here we are today.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

One thing that I will never understand though is why there is a 2 1/2 month gap between election and taking power. Asking for trouble, as should have been obvious I would have thought. 

I'm not a US Citizen either - but I would hazard a guess it was because at the time the system was created it took a long time for news, results and any other communication to move around such a large country.

1 hour ago, In the jungle said:

I like this photo from today's Daily Telegraph.

Newspapers in the UK don't come much more right wing than the DT.

ztWrTN0-UDmLIW6pSokgx0XFMzgNckrYvtjCxEQk

It is quite possibly to be relatively conservative (as I am) whilst still regarding this appalling fellow and his unceasing clown show of alternating narcissistic whining and uncouth unsubstantiated  bellowing as gruesome!

Classic funny political photograph!

• Thanks 2

Expect recounts.

Expect monkey business, DT and his blackguards are not at all shy about putting their finger on the scale. 

And to pre-empt accusations of Team Biden pulling stunts, I ask the question "who has Roger Stone and Steve Bannon on their side?"

Lest anyone should think Trump is going to go quietly, at least for now, he's not:

https://fox2now.com/news/politics/this-election-is-not-over-trump-campaign-releases-statement-as-vote-count-continues/

The Trump campaign released this statement Friday morning:

“This election is not over. The false projection of Joe Biden as the winner is based on results in four states that are far from final. Georgia is headed for a recount, where we are confident we will find ballots improperly harvested, and where President Trump will ultimately prevail. There were many irregularities in Pennsylvania, including having election officials prevent our volunteer legal observers from having meaningful access to vote counting locations....

And a newer version from Fox News:

President Trump has issued a statement reacting to news outlets, including Fox News, projecting that Joe Biden is the next president.

"We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him: they don’t want the truth to be exposed. The simple fact is this election is far from over," he says. "Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor. In Pennsylvania, for example, our legal observers were not permitted meaningful access to watch the counting process. Legal votes decide who is president, not the news media," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results/live-updates

I think with this verry narrow result in this USA election ....This Democrat Presidency go receive the same treatment 4 years of blocking and obstruction like Democrats  gave to the Trump presidency , seeing the  polarised and narrow power dividing in Senate and the house .....

They really never respected Trumps election and never realy respected him as president , never gave him a chance to be 
"God bless help America " now...

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its not that narrow. 

45 didn't deserve or earn respect. 

He never even tried to be president of people or states that didn't vote for him after winning with a minority of votes.

I agree that Biden has a massive challenge but he's been very clear he's here to be an American president for all Americans including his opponents.

45 would have been reelected if had done that.

My line was just an opinion ,of what I think go happen , no matter which  one is siding  here , and also no further discussion by me as in a polarized matter as this I leave it to the  Americans ....

But why the Republicans would forget what they received as a treatment  whiteout kicking back ?

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, polpott said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/30/us/broward-county-dead-people-register-to-vote/index.html

A ham fisted attempt that failed at the first hurdle. Although the majority of the dead people were registered Democrats that isn't evidence that the intention was to vote for the Democrat candidate.

Antifa is not mentioned.

good point about failing at the first hurdle.

It actually is contrary to any argument about fraud.

Registration is not voting and this was caught at the first hurdle and went nowhere.  The previous poster also said "do that 5000 times" and you get your candidate elected, except no, it failed, no votes were cast.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He doesn't need to.

He doesn't need to concede either.

He just needs to be gone from the white house January 20.

Exactly.  As several have said in the media, the Secret Service has no problem ejecting a trespasser from the White House.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Its not that narrow. 

45 didn't deserve or earn respect. 

He never even tried to be president of people or states that didn't vote for him after winning with a minority of votes.

I agree that Biden has a massive challenge but he's been very clear he's here to be an American president for all Americans including his opponents.

45 would have been reelected if had done that.

Trump shouldn't have even had a sniff of a chance in this election. Most decent people find him repulsive. The fact that at one point it looked like Trump could win a 2nd term says it all about how weak the opposition was. I'd be very concerned about that if I were a Dem supporter. 

The way I see it, Trump was just a warning shot to the woke brigade who were pulling things too far left. It was 4 years of punishment for them. I hope they learned their lesson. 

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1