Dating Sites in Bangkok gone downhill ?

britishjohn

On 11/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, britishjohn said:

Ideally I'd like an decent educated woman around 40 years of age, in good shape and not looking like quasi modo.

I'm middle age, still have my own hair and teeth, workout every day. Don't drink or smoke. Money not an an issue. I live in a good quality condo in Thonglor.

Try Thai cupid, I used it a couple years ago, the majority are ladies looking for a relationship vs Thaifriendly/Tinder majority are sex workers. 

One reason for the difference is both people have to pay to message, no free messages unlike ThaiFriendly 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 7:28 AM, britishjohn said:

Well that was kind of my point. 4 years ago I met some decent women on Tinder, but now it seems to have turned to s**t.  I was curious to know if anyone else had also experienced the same.

Facebook has a dating site.  Assuming that is available in Thailand now that might be worth trying.  Another app you could try for what you are looking for is Coffee Meets Bagel.  Hardly any hookers on there last time I checked.  Also maybe try Hinge.  

If Tinder created (and enforced) a transgender category that would probably help eliminate lots of the garbage on their app.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

On 11/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, NCC1701A said:

i am quite expert on this subject.

what is your age? did you go past 49 or 59 years old? 59 is a real cliff because the girls don't search above that age. 

Tinder has some great women on it.  It is GPS based so it depends on where you live. 

Bangkok and Pattaya has hundreds of beautiful women. Hun Hin not so much. Well not at all. Tinder for me has been great in Bangkok. I'm 65. 

Anyway, Tinder has also been over run by Chinese scammers. These are people who open fake accounts and post a series of impossibly perfect photographs of beautiful women. They will chat you up and slowly change the subject to how they make $1000 and day and you can too if you only bla bla bla...  you will match with them right away. 

another issue now is all these dating platforms are being used by the girls to drive traffic to their Instagram account. They actually make money that way. They have no interest in hooking up with you. however I met some incredible "models" on Tinder that have many friends and one thing can lead to another on Instagram if you know what I mean. Nudge nudge, wink, wink say no more.

Thai  Friendly is great if you set the filter function to your requirements. Location, height, weight, age and respect their age limit. Being a paid member is important if you are a professional like me. 

I never close Thai Friendly on my notebook computer. If you set the location to Pattaya as a example and study the results like I do, you will see the same faces everyday 24/7 on the first pages of search results. They are the freelancers. Same in Bangkok. One easy way to spot freelancer's profiles is they have no upper age limit for their mate. and they have very simple descriptions, typically one word or two words and very suggestive photos usually with a bed in the background. 

another way you can spot a freelancer is after they give you their line account, look at their timeline. there will be nothing on it.  

so now that you have been warned as to how to avoid the freelancers you should be good to go. 

I have a friend who gets Likes from woman 20 to 38. Including a flight attendant. He is very old. Old as dirt. 555

• Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 1:17 AM, NCC1701A said:

oh i just read this. you should be beating them off with a stick.

what do you write for a description about yourself? do you make it clear you are looking for a real girlfriend not ONS or FWB. 

What is ONS and FWB? Please remember you are on a forum, not your smartphone using text messages.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As you are in Bangkok you could try LadyDateFinder: https://www.thailadydatefinder.com

This offers to arrange a number of individual meetings with Thai ladies in Bangkok. They seem to be trying to organize long term relationships rather than one night stands. Obviously, you have to pay them a fee for the help, but the price is not exorbitant, but it’s where the company seeks to make its money. Nothing wrong with that, if they help you find the right lady for you.

Secondly, it presents itself as being run by a Thai lady. It is easy to be cynical about who the real owner is, but she seems genuine, so on the balance of probabilities, I would be inclined to believe she is the boss.

I haven’t contacted any of the ladies on the app. I have tried Thai Cupid, Thaifriendly in the past. In the present economic times, Thai people are having real difficulties. The women online are looking for someone to help them financially support their family. They may be decent Thai ladies, but they are struggling with money problems, even though they are working. Then there are those women who offer massage or they live in Pattaya so I have lost interest in dating apps having had some bad experiences.

The lady date finder, assuming it is genuine, looks a good possibility for you and might be worth trying.

I would add that I have had one or two emails from this company giving advice on how to impress Thai ladies e.g. instead of using chat up lines, which are fake and rehearsed, and instead of giving the impression that you are ‘needy’ or ‘clingy’, you remain calm and centered with her, because you have purpose, masculine energy and intention in life (that is a very brief summary of two of the long emails I received on how to be attractive to Thai women).

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you good luck and hope you find the right woman and much happiness ☺️

44D29B4B-F4E1-4476-85B0-44A3541ADBE1.jpeg

598B199A-901F-4FF6-B810-E2F8D64F7B33.jpeg

Edited by silver sea
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 10:09 PM, britishjohn said:

Ideally I'd like an decent educated woman around 40 years of age, in good shape and not looking like quasi modo.

I'm middle age, still have my own hair and teeth, workout every day. Don't drink or smoke. Money not an an issue. I live in a good quality condo in Thonglor.

12 years ago I had no time to scratch my head on TLL. Every night different girl had something to tell me, but now absolutely desert. All looking for gold mine and majority not good looking.    
Lunch time is the best time to look around, where those classy hungry ladies from big firms are.

Edited by The Theory

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Hospital nurses make pretty good mates in most cases. They see the nitty-gritty, anyone squeamish gets shunted aside. IME the ones I used to date in my younger days were quite randy as well, I think the exposure to dying and suffering people impels them to an affirmation of life. There's also the bonus they will know how to look after their man as he gets older.

One could do worse. While my GF is not a nurse, I look around the hospitals here, and there is a high proportion of eye candy.

I'm a nurse and in my younger days was as randy as any, yet women were not lining up to take me out.

:giggle:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Run with the hash house harriers. They will sort out if you are a catch. 

The hospital canteen is a good idea. 

Is it your experience that a man can just walk into a hospital canteen and nurses are so dim they'll go out with and screw a total stranger?

I had female nurse friend that told me how she'd go to the pub with female friends and guys bought them drinks all night ( thinking they were onto a sure thing ) and they'd walk out without any guy at the end of the evening. Guys, IMO are such suckers when a pretty woman is around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Theory said:

12 years ago I had no time to scratch my head on TLL. Every night different girl had something to tell me, but now absolutely desert. All looking for gold mine and majority not good looking.    
Lunch time is the best time to look around, where those classy hungry ladies from big firms are.

I wish posters would not use code. No idea what TLL means.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, faraday said:

Adding to TBL's posts about nurses.... nope they don't all wear stockings & nope they're not gagging for it. NSFY.

(The acronym, is just for you TBL....????)

Correct. Contrary to the urban myth and television shows, female nurses are just like every other female on the planet. Seems they are "angels" only to those never been in hospital, as nurses suffer assault, insults and abuse from those they try to help, which goes some way to explaining why nursing is not something western women want to do nowadays. I retired early because of the bullying from senior nurses.

To make it relevant to the OP, I never went out with nurses on a "date" as I didn't "date" western women, or women working in the west as too PC for my liking.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

In my exps chatting up nurses, they will chat during slow times at work but that is in fact the problem

They constantly work...same as the Uni gals study...the good ones are always busy...hence the P2Play

Of course they could be lying to me, but even thai friends I have the only day off for them is sunday, as I would visit them at work to hang out...tea shop--plant shop...etc.....the good ones seems to always be working

I used to date a tour guide in Cm..she was either in BKK--China or India....never saw her..we broke up

Agree Tinder and TF are for hookups or P2P...Ive had decent exps on ThaiCupid but you have to pay to use

Also If I see a gal I make myself present alot..such as a shop ..Id become a reg customer and chat her up

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 1:07 AM, NCC1701A said:

i am quite expert on this subject.

what is your age? did you go past 49 or 59 years old? 59 is a real cliff because the girls don't search above that age. 

Tinder has some great women on it.  It is GPS based so it depends on where you live. 

Bangkok and Pattaya has hundreds of beautiful women. Hun Hin not so much. Well not at all. Tinder for me has been great in Bangkok. I'm 65. 

Anyway, Tinder has also been over run by Chinese scammers. These are people who open fake accounts and post a series of impossibly perfect photographs of beautiful women. They will chat you up and slowly change the subject to how they make $1000 and day and you can too if you only bla bla bla...  you will match with them right away. 

another issue now is all these dating platforms are being used by the girls to drive traffic to their Instagram account. They actually make money that way. They have no interest in hooking up with you. however I met some incredible "models" on Tinder that have many friends and one thing can lead to another on Instagram if you know what I mean. Nudge nudge, wink, wink say no more.

Thai  Friendly is great if you set the filter function to your requirements. Location, height, weight, age and respect their age limit. Being a paid member is important if you are a professional like me. 

I never close Thai Friendly on my notebook computer. If you set the location to Pattaya as a example and study the results like I do, you will see the same faces everyday 24/7 on the first pages of search results. They are the freelancers. Same in Bangkok. One easy way to spot freelancer's profiles is they have no upper age limit for their mate. and they have very simple descriptions, typically one word or two words and very suggestive photos usually with a bed in the background. 

another way you can spot a freelancer is after they give you their line account, look at their timeline. there will be nothing on it.  

so now that you have been warned as to how to avoid the freelancers you should be good to go. 

My hero ????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wish posters would not use code. No idea what TLL means.

I just looked it up and that's gross, IMO, to post, whatever one does in one's own time.

As this is a thread about Thai dating sites, I'd have to assume TLL is Thai Love Links. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

In my exps chatting up nurses, they will chat during slow times at work but that is in fact the problem

They constantly work...same as the Uni gals study...the good ones are always busy...hence the P2Play

Of course they could be lying to me, but even thai friends I have the only day off for them is sunday, as I would visit them at work to hang out...tea shop--plant shop...etc.....the good ones seems to always be working

I used to date a tour guide in Cm..she was either in BKK--China or India....never saw her..we broke up

Agree Tinder and TF are for hookups or P2P...Ive had decent exps on ThaiCupid but you have to pay to use

Also If I see a gal I make myself present alot..such as a shop ..Id become a reg customer and chat her up

Good way to get her the sack. She's paid to work not have a social life.

I have to wonder if these "boys bragging" tales are even half true, but if they are there is a term for girls that are town bikes, though that term also applies to the guys, IMO.

• Like 2