Netherlands man, 38, reported as COVID positive in Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

Netherlands man, 38, reported as COVID positive in Phuket

2020-02-03T021713Z_5_LYNXMPEG110J0_RTROPTP_4_CHINA-HEALTH-USA.JPG

Image: Reuters file photo

The CCSA reported the case In a post earlier this afternoon (Nov 7).

The man is currently in care at an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) venue in Phuket, the CCSA reported.

No other details were made available.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/netherlands-man-38-reported-as-covid-positive-in-phuket-77905.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-07

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

How many days into the quarantine period is he? Why no more details?

When will 10 day quarantines begin? ????

That would not be good for the new tourist plans from Thailand to bring that out..., how many days in quarantines..... as now they like to please the  Chinese with just reducing to 10 day's ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

He was admitted to a private hospital. No other choice, private hospital. 

Three years ago I had a tachycardia in the middle of the night, to be on the safe side I went to the nearest private hospital, in Samui at 6 a.m. everything was back to normal, but they kept me in ICU until four in the afternoon, as there is no permanent cardiologist, but only two days a week coming from Bangkok, I returned to consult him a few days later. He read the report, and exclaimed but why they kept you in ICU for the day? In the morning everything was perfect they should have let you go home, the only goal was to take 40,000 baht from you, I swear he said that, adding, I don't like the way they work here, I wanted to give you an ultrasound of the heart, so I'll see what it looks like but I won't mention it and so you won't pay for it as a compensation has he added smiling. By the way he said after but you have a heart of a young man. So some private hospital thank you, I know some other private hospitals where the prices are at least  "honest" for us Westerners but not all of them I did not mention any name because who knows with the laws in this country,

As far as I know there are 4 private hospitals in Samui ant a country's hospital in Nathon but the oldies in Samui will easily guess the name of the over-expensive one ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Well, the case in Krabi is an Indian and he is a domestic case. He lives in Thailand and has not been anywhere. So where did he catch the virus and who from?

The newspapers or the government are being very frugal with the details.

The Phuket News article says...

According to Thai media, which quoted Dr Supoj Pookaoluan, director of Krabi Hospital, the man arrived in Thailand three months ago and has since been unable to return home.

The Dutch man was in ASQ when he tested positive, he arrived here on the 1st.

The Indian man had been here for 3 months and was asymptomatic, tested positive on a routine test for a work permit. However in BP today there is some confusing mention of a third test being negative. So situation still rather unclear,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No the Indian guy has been in Thailand for a while, but it is more interesting or worrying how he became infected

Its also interesting that non of his contacts were placed into some kind of Self Isolation or ASQ

Apparently he was here for 3 Months, and was sharing a dwelling with people that worked in a Restaurant, yet there were only 11 contacts 

I find it difficult to believe he only made contact with 11 people in total after 3 Months here. 3 of them were sharing the dwelling with him

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The Dutch man was in ASQ when he tested positive, he arrived here on the 1st.

The Indian man had been here for 3 months and was asymptomatic, tested positive on a routine test for a work permit. However in BP today there is some confusing mention of a third test being negative. So situation still rather unclear,

Forgive me Sheryl, but I thought that all ASQ were located in BKK, so how does this gentleman test positive in Phuket

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

Apparently he was here for 3 Months, and was sharing a dwelling with people that worked in a Restaurant, yet there were only 11 contacts 

I find it difficult to believe he only made contact with 11 people in total after 3 Months here. 3 of them were sharing the dwelling with him

They would not be investigating all contacts in the last 3 months only in the past 14 days...and only fairly close contacts at that

Apparently all so far have tested negative and there is also a confusing report in BP that his third test came back negative (after 2 were positive).  SO still some doubt as to whether he has active virus  or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, don43451 said:

Did you notice that all of the reported cases had no symptoms?  That leads me to believe that they either had very recently contracted the disease (possibly on the flight to BKK) and were not yet showing symptoms, they are one of the millions of people that are just asymptomatic, or it was a false positive test result.

(Just call me Captain Obvious.) ????

from first lips whose had days ago: fewer only for  first 2 days (max 37.9)  with standart weakness for flu, day 3 starting losing smell and taste only for 3-4 days,  day 8-9 fully recovered with 3 500mg paracetamol for first days, smell & taste fully back .... 1 day missing exercise, no any days missing from work .... it’s     world people ripoff, only people dying who's have previous conditions.....  

4 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

just check the list of the available ASQ and ALQ and you will see they are around the country

https://thaiembdc.org/asq/

They are on the list but as far as I’m aware only Bkk was being used as they couldn’t figure out how to get people from Bkk to samui etc without risking other people . How would they get someone to samui from Bkk ? They going to drive them all the way there or give them a flight all to themselves?

• Like 1