Celebrations erupt in major U.S. cities after Biden election win

rooster59

1 minute ago, sscc said:

November 2020 voting is  all about   PRO-Trump  Vs  ANTI-Trump,  this had been all too clear midway in 2020 election. 

This 2020 election proved that Trump style is quite well received, except one trait.  So I will not be  surprised that a young version of Trump showed up for GOP in 2024 or even 2028.

The sexism element of Trump is driving suburban females to for Biden camp and tilting the balance of the election.   GOP is likely to recruit some presentable figure preferably 55 years old or younger and treading all the traits of Trump less the sexism and womanizing parts.     This 2020 election proved that sexism does matter in American politics,  but racism does not matter much.

It won't be Trump again in 2024,  neither will be Mike Pence.         

The problem with your analysis is that there's something else driving electoral politics: age, racial, and ethnic demographics. And all of those don't favor the Republicans.

6 minutes ago, sscc said:

November 2020 voting is  all about   PRO-Trump  Vs  ANTI-Trump,  this had been all too clear midway in 2020 election. 

This 2020 election proved that Trump style is quite well received, except one trait.  So I will not be  surprised that a young version of Trump showed up for GOP in 2024 or even 2028.

The sexism element of Trump is driving suburban females to for Biden camp and tilting the balance of the election.   GOP is likely to recruit some presentable figure preferably 55 years old or younger and treading all the traits of Trump less the sexism and womanizing parts.     This 2020 election proved that sexism does matter in American politics,  but racism does not matter much.

Is it just possible to educate young US children with Trump as  role model?

This is not a statement but a question, what do they learn from Trump's attitude, behavior, speeches, 8 years under Trump influence..?  

Edited by Opl

1 minute ago, JulesMad said:

Let's deal with the reality there are still 70,000,000 idiots in usa...

This kind of nastiness really isn't helpful or true. I know lots of Trump supporters who are intelligent and kindly people. They do tend not to be much interested in politics and vote based more on certain impressions about where Trump stands on the issues vs. where he actually stands on the issues. In fact, most people aren't much interested in politics or economics so their reasons for voting can often be vague and even contrary to fact.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

Let's deal with the reality there are still 70,000,000 idiots in usa...

I’m not sure idiocy is the problem, rather significant numbers of Americans get all their news from FOX and/or the Sinclair Media talk radio networks.

Sinclair in particular have invested heavily in talk radio shows broadcasting to rural America.

You should take time to listen into their content just to get an appreciation of the lies and propaganda they spread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sucit said:

Again, not sure why you think I would need to be for Trump when I speak about Biden. You guys' eyes of the world are shut. It is not black or white. 

Yes, as I said, you are fine with a president who plagiarized multiple times at professional levels. He made the "mistake" multiple times, and did not seem to care to change. 

You said it was ok because it was in 1988. I said, why are crimes from 1988 ok? Do you have an answer? Is everything I do ok, if it was 1988 or before? It is your logic, not mine. Defend it. 

Look guys, you're chasing your tails. Let it go. In essential ways you are both correct. It really isn't important compared to the vast change in governance that is unfolding. 

In many ways what happened last week isn't as important as what will/can happen tomorrow. There are plenty of important things to argue about in the near future and plagiarism is not even on the list. 

Communist China. Covid. National debt. Putin. Declining dollar. Global warming. Poverty. Covid. Job losses. Class warfare. Social unrest. Entitlements funding. North Korea. Covid. Military spending. Police violence/reform. Electoral system reform. Iran. Terrorism. Covid. Rising global authoritarianism. Restarting the economy. Education funding. Middle east unrest. Crumbling infrastructure. The rising cost of Starbucks coffee.

Oh, and the virus. 

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Just got back from the beach, what's that now?

And did that broaden your horizons or enlighten your mind with new thoughts or understanding? 

At least you didn't waste hours on this silly forum like I have today. I went to the beach yesterday and swam with the jellies. Didn't learn anything new but got an adrenaline rush and a cold beer later. Even better I got lucky that night. 

38 minutes ago, sscc said:

This 2020 election proved that Trump style is not well received.  He lost.  First time an incumbent has lost in decades.  Proof positive.  He should have won, easily.  Luckily, smarter minds prevailed.

The US is becoming more educated, less white, less religions. All things that don't bode well for the GOP.  That's their base.  In 2024, it will be Kamala and someone else. 

31 minutes ago, placeholder said:

This kind of nastiness really isn't helpful or true. I know lots of Trump supporters who are intelligent and kindly people. They do tend not to be much interested in politics and vote based more on certain impressions about where Trump stands on the issues vs. where he actually stands on the issues. In fact, most people aren't much interested in politics or economics so their reasons for voting can often be vague and even contrary to fact.

Really?  Almost every Trump supporter I know doesn't have a college degree.  They are conspiracy theorists, religious, or gun rights nuts.  Literally, every one I know falls into that camp.

Many, in heavily red or blue states, just vote the way they always have.  Party line tickets.  Time for that to change, hopefully.

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Both you can thank social media for good and bad. The extreme polarization is quite well explained in the Social experience on Netflix, and Ihuman 

I saw Socialmedia, and was not surprised by what I saw. However, please realize that people did, and still do have opinions, informed or not, without the help/influence of social media. 

Personally I deplore all of them and partake of none of them except TVF. My only defense here is weak: It makes sense to keep up with the news of an adopted country where you live. 

While I do read news that doesn't imply that I take my opinions from it. You are denigrating the large numbers of people who still think for themselves. Some of them even use social media. 

53 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

The stock market reacts to any event, good, bad or irrelevant. How would we know what drives the market on any given day? Will it react to Trump losing or Biden winning? 

The stock market is drunk on its own particular brand of kool-aid. Nothing to be learned from it. 

Sounds like code word for "I'm not invested in Stock Market? therefore I'll ridicule it.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

And did that broaden your horizons or enlighten your mind with new thoughts or understanding? 

At least you didn't waste hours on this silly forum like I have today. I went to the beach yesterday and swam with the jellies. Didn't learn anything new but got an adrenaline rush and a cold beer later. Even better I got lucky that night. 

My trips to the beach which is about 600 M away always enlightens my mind, are you kidding? Everything is right with the world after a few hours at the beach.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Salerno said:

To be fair you're going over the top now. 

"Rape was OK for Trump." unless you have a link to his conviction you're sinking to his level.

"Publicly declaring his lust for his daughter was OK for Trump." is also somewhat misleading.

OK. I'll cop to that. But there is certainly a grain of truth behind both statements and we both know it. Especially the second one. His leering grin when he said it sitting right next to his daughter spoke volumes. 

My bad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Sounds like code word for "I'm not invested in Stock Market? therefore I'll ridicule it.

Actually I am. I bought a lot of oil related and mining stocks when they were in the bucket and am quite happy with my gains even now. 

I like women too but don't pretend to truly understand them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I saw Socialmedia, and was not surprised by what I saw. However, please realize that people did, and still do have opinions, informed or not, without the help/influence of social media. 

Personally I deplore all of them and partake of none of them except TVF. My only defense here is weak: It makes sense to keep up with the news of an adopted country where you live. 

While I do read news that doesn't imply that I take my opinions from it. You are denigrating the large numbers of people who still think for themselves. Some of them even use social media. 

Free will and opinion is an illution at its best! Sorry mate, we are all formed and spit out as every one elses, but we like to believe we have and do! 

Just now, Tagged said:

Free will and opinion is an illution at its best! Sorry mate, we are all formed and spit out as every one elses, but we like to believe we have and do! 

Then social media changes nothing and the discussion is moot. I can handle that. 

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure idiocy is the problem, rather significant numbers of Americans get all their news from FOX and/or the Sinclair Media talk radio networks.

Sinclair in particular have invested heavily in talk radio shows broadcasting to rural America.

You should take time to listen into their content just to get an appreciation of the lies and propaganda they spread.

I agree, Everyone should tune in to infowars at least once a week, just to get an idea of the ridiculous things being said.

Then it easy to recognise and dismiss the watered down version that makes its way on to FOX etc.

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

Then social media changes nothing and the discussion is moot. I can handle that. 

Why you think that based on my qoute? We are still receptive to the belief we already have, and many get more polarized by social media. Social media creates more polaration

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Why you think that based on my qoute? We are still receptive to the belief we already have, and many get more polarized by social media. Social media creates more polaration

I mean it only changes the degree of the problem, not the source. Confirmation Bias, normalcy bias, and numerous other afflictions of human perception play their part. Your point is that it's unavoidable and largely unrecognized. I agree. You may have read Gurdjieff who says humans excel at lying to themselves. It's their outstanding characteristic. 

I dislike social media in general because I don't believe in sharing every detail of my life every bleeding day. Also I don't like being monetized and monitored. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not telling lies is probably policy enough for most. Universal health care, taxing billionaires, a transition away from fossil fuels, not telling lies about viruses, are a couple of policies that spring to mind.

Yes of course. 

Adding a public option for ACA comes to mind but if 45s right wing scotus scraps the whole bill soon they'll have to start over.

6 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not telling lies is probably policy enough for most. Universal health care, taxing billionaires, a transition away from fossil fuels, not telling lies about viruses, are a couple of policies that spring to mind.

What will his policy be for dealing with Covid -19 and what will his policy be for dealing with the trade imbalance with China and how does he intend to solve the problem with North Korea ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

What will his policy be for dealing with Covid -19 and what will his policy be for dealing with the trade imbalance with China and how does he intend to solve the problem with North Korea ?

I imagine he will start by acknowledging that there is a Covid 19 virus and its real, I imagine he will listen to scientists as to dealing with it. denial hasn't worked very well for 240.000 people.

Yes you are right, the trade imbalance is bigger now than when trump took over so Biden will have to tackle that.

I imagine north korea will involve more than photo ops and plans to build hotels. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Listen to the experts.

Get out of an unwinnable trade war.

Ignore them.

• Like 1