Trump does not plan to concede any time soon, aides and allies indicate

webfact

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's possible for folks to make a comment which isn't meant to further any cause.

I just find it amazing that a simple machine like a voting machine can't be made without glitches. It would seem like for federal elections one single kind of machine for all the states should be used. And if any system isn't fool proof, maybe we need to go back to paper ballots.

Continue banging the drums.....

Good idea. Keep in mind that it's the Republicans who repeatedly resist attempts to make elections more secure. Just recently Democrats proposed mandating that voting machines not be connected to the Internet. Guess how that proposal fared? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Good idea. Keep in mind that it's the Republicans who repeatedly resist attempts to make elections more secure. Just recently Democrats proposed mandating that voting machines not be connected to the Internet. Guess how that proposal fared? 

I don't know who does what, it just makes sense the same system should be used in all the states for federal elections. And it should be fool proof, not the easiest or the fastest but the safest way possible regardless of manpower required.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I don't know who does what, it just makes sense the same system should be used in all the states for federal elections. And it should be fool proof, not the easiest or the fastest but the safest way possible regardless of manpower required.

Agreed. Consistency and transparency would possibly stop the debarcle of chaos which is now being expereinced.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's been used in 28 states, including states Trump won. On top of it, according to the GOP local administration in Antrim, it was not a computer glitch but a human error.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-antrim-county-mi-pelosi-hus-idUSKBN27S2FI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Salerno said:

Is he finally getting close to conceding?

657670956_Donald-J-Trump-realDonaldTrump-Twitter(1).png.6bc29261296baf4e38e737e46b30c8ac.png

In his TV address about half an hour ago he also said "This administration will not be going to a lockdown. Hopefully the ... uhh ... whatever happens in the future, who knows which administration it will be, I guess time will tell, but I can tell you this administration will not go to a lockdown."

hardly, today and tomorrow are office closed days ie golf day

mebbee smt next week

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

hardly, today and tomorrow are office closed days ie golf day

mebbee smt next week

I doubt Trump will ever concede. Conceding is for losers, whom he despises.

Having said that, he has gone quiet as the legal challenges keep getting tossed out. The hair dye has disappeared. As the columnist who posted these reports says, he looks like he is going through the motions.

He can still do a lot of damage between now and January 20. Crazy Electoral College system, crazy lame duck tenure. When someone figures out the logic of both in a modern world, let me know.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/trump-breaks-his-silence-but-doesn-t-pack-a-punch-20201114-p56elh.html

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/donald-trump-gives-update-on-operation-warp-speed-20201114-p56ekf.html

• Like 2

If you get a chance watch the film Idiocracy. A prophetic movie that nailed the current and future state of US Politics. When you start voting in Reality TV personalities it doesn’t get better. Who next Pee Wee Herman?

3 minutes ago, nycjoe said:

If you get a chance watch the film Idiocracy. A prophetic movie that nailed the current and future state of US Politics. When you start voting in Reality TV personalities it doesn’t get better. Who next Pee Wee Herman?

I tried but after 30 mins had to turn it off. I just couldnt dumb myself enough to think it was possible. But obviously it was.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, nycjoe said:

I see Biden as more of a Mr Magoo 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

far right groups marching on washington today ,a pitched battle  could break out

The full picture is that Trump supporters will be holding a march and both far left and far right have said they will also attend................no doubt any signs of violence and it will be those nasty right wing thugs attacking the peaceful picnic eating nice lefty guys 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

Kayleigh McEnany claims Trump will ‘attend his own inauguration’ on 20 January 2021

d26d81e0-bbdd-11ea-9ecc-9fb79e1d0c5c
James Crump
The Independent13 November 2020

so there

You know, I was afraid that when you posted this that the person being quoted might be someone like...say..his press secretary. Because that would make your post pointless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The full picture is that Trump supporters will be holding a march and both far left and far right have said they will also attend................no doubt any signs of violence and it will be those nasty right wing thugs attacking the peaceful picnic eating nice lefty guys 

That's a probable scenario. I mean, who'll be able to fight after eating a whole picnic?!

7 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Undoubtedly.  The picnic lunchers are, after all, mostly the ones with the assualt weapons.

PH

• Like 2
  • Sad 1