Trump files new election challenge, Georgia announces recount

webfact

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So during those two weeks (we're a little over 1 week with Trump) Ms Abrams was pilloried and vilified by the media and Democrat Party for not immediately conceding right? What the left never understands is what goes around comes around...calling Trump and illegitimate president put in office by Putin for 4 years will now redound to Biden by Republicans.

She had credible, evidence based grievances... Trump has little to none. That's the difference.

And, if you keep wanting to use the Abrams-Kemp race as your yardstick, then Trump should be on course to non-concede concede within the next week.  Don't really see that happening anytime soon.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Georgia is doing the right thing! All the blue states that were ahead in the count should do the same thing, hand -count. After all if there is no corruption what do you have to hide?

Currently, the States you have in mind are not particularly blue. They usually have a GOP governor or/and GOP lawmakers

Just wondering who ays for these recounts if they are proven the original one with a reasonable margin of error, but did make difference to the outcome?

Does the state concerned foot the bill,  or the person/party which requested the recount that made no difference to the outcome?

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Just wondering who ays for these recounts if they are proven the original one with a reasonable margin of error, but did make difference to the outcome?

Does the state concerned foot the bill,  or the person/party which requested the recount that made no difference to the outcome?

In most cases, when it doesn't make difference to the outcome, the party/person who requested the recount has to pay for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silurian said:

Wisconsin is on track for a recount. Pennsylvania and Arizona will mostly likely not have recounts due to their specific state recount rules. Do some research first before posting. Oh, and just to give you another one, Georgia will have a recount. 

Attacking me personally just shows exactly who you are. I guess when you have no specific facts, you attack the poster. Nice.

FYI - A recount will most likely not change any outcome. I am not scared of them. But what ever lets you cling to hope, go for it.

I didn’t say they will have recounts I said they should.

I wasn’t attacking you either, I was saying how you are coming across.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Actually the reason there were massive last swing votes in most cases was because Republicans refused to change election laws to allow mail-in ballots to be counted in advance. Democrats pressed for that to be done. Now Republicans are using that to make groundless allegations like yours to question the vote totals.

Please let me know what groundless allegation I have made.

I said they should recount the close ones. I made no allegation. You made that bit up.

• Like 2

Enough of the personal comments back and forth here...  Comment on the topic, not each other.

Also, a post linking to several partisan non-news, media social media sites has been removed, as those are not allowed under forum rules.

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

1 minute ago, BaronVonBangkok said:

Please let me know what groundless allegation I have made.

I said they should recount the close ones. I made no allegation. You made that bit up.

You wrote "obviously in the case where there was a last minute swing". We know why there were massive last minute swings. In Pennsylvania for example almost 3 times as many Democrats as Republicans asked for mail-in ballots. If the Pennsylvania Republicans had allowed those votes to be counted in advance as many other states do and as the Democrats pushed for, the swing would have gone in a red direction, or as it's popularly called, a red shift. And the counting would have been over that night.

• Like 2

Just now, placeholder said:

You wrote "obviously in the case where there was a last minute swing". We know why there were massive last minute swings. In Pennsylvania for example almost 3 times as many Democrats as Republicans asked for mail-in ballots. If the Pennsylvania Republicans had allowed those votes to be counted in advance as many other states do and as the Democrats pushed for, the swing would have gone in a red direction, or as it's popularly called, a red shift. And the counting would have been over that night.

Possibly. I still think it’s worth a recount to make sure there were no honest mistakes.

so anyway what was my groundless allegation?

you know when you don’t accuse someone of anything and they get really agitated and tell you to stop accusing them? What do you think?

• Like 2

All I know is the betting lines are still open as to who BECOMES president because it's not official until legally so. 

As somoene else said, media REPORTING a win and it being legally complete and OFFICIAL  are two different things.

Trumps odds have gone from 20-1 to 9-1 in the last 3 days FYI. 
But  Bidens odds to win are still better.

Edited by Dart12