Trump files new election challenge, Georgia announces recount

webfact

Ugh, looks like I'll have to write it again...

I'm too lazy to type it all again, so here in a nutshell:

The election law was broken blatantly in PA. The State assembly ALONE decides when and how elections take place. The PA supreme court had NO right to make the judgement to allow the 3 day extension. See US constitution Article 1 Section 4, for further reference...

So there is a real chance, that the US Supreme Court might reverse that decision, essentially throwing out a large number of ballots. Considering Trump's early lead, which was at one point close to 700k (600 something thousand, if I am wrong I made a mistake, and it's not deliberate misinformation, but I am fairly sure his lead was that large...), this should suffice to give PA back to Trump.

In MIchigan they've discovered a "software glitch", which switched votes from Trump to Biden. One afaik was 6k votes, the other one 2,5k votes. Afaik that same software was used in counties all over MI. So there should be a recount there too, to make sure there weren't any more "glitches".

If the GA recount shows a different result, along with an overturned PA decision + a few more "glitches" detected in MI, that would suffice to change the election results. And that's just the stuff I know about.... A few days ago CNN (I believe it was CNN, again, not misinformation on purpose) published a list of Rep Senators, who as of then had NOT YET congratulated Biden on the "victory". It was around 40-45 (maybe more) of them. So a large chunk of the Rep. Senators...

Why would they tie their fate to Trump and his claims/lawsuits, unless they had been shown more evidence? Esp. the "young stars" of their party, like Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, etc...

You people keep screaming "where is the evidence?". Do you know how litigation works?

You don't tip your hand right away. You collect evidence, information, you investigate. ONce you think you have what you need, that's when you start the big suits. The stuff he has fired off so far, is nothing really. Small suits and countersuits etc. happen all the time, when big litigation cases are about to kick off. It's buying time, it's feeling each other out, etc.

In either case, I just want transparency. If it turns out Biden won, and there was no fraud, then that's good, no? Good in the sense, that it will restore faith in the electoral system, it will make many of the die hard Trump supporters reconsider their options, and it might spare you 4 more years of division, no? Not that I think healing the country will be that easy. After all most people won't forget, that they've been called racists, sexists, mysogynists, trans-&islamophobic and hwat not for years, over night.....

In either case, whoever wins congratulations and good luck to them. They will need it in either case....

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Trump loses election lawsuits in Pennsylvania and Michigan, drops Arizona case

"On Friday, a Michigan judge rejected an injunction claiming election irregularities were rampant in Detroit's Wayne County.
Also on Friday, a federal appeals court in Philadelphia rejected Republicans' attempt to toss out 9,300 mail-in ballots that arrived late, CBS Pittsburgh reports.

And as President-elect Joe Biden's lead grew in Arizona, the Trump campaign dropped its legal challenges throughout Maricopa County, CNBC reports."

From memory that 18 election lawsuits thrown out. He really is clutching at straws, which is evident in his using rudy now. 

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

From memory that 18 election lawsuits thrown out. He really is clutching at straws, which is evident in his using rudy now. 

Maybe Rudy has a laptop hidden somewhere with damaging information.

• Haha 2

On 11/13/2020 at 2:47 PM, FarangULong said:

You people keep screaming "where is the evidence?". Do you know how litigation works?

You don't tip your hand right away. You collect evidence, information, you investigate. ONce you think you have what you need, that's when you start the big suits. The stuff he has fired off so far, is nothing really. Small suits and countersuits etc. happen all the time, when big litigation cases are about to kick off. It's buying time, it's feeling each other out, etc.

Even if your contention that big lawsuit are preceded by small ones was true, you seem to be forgetting about one tiny element that would figure into such a strategy: time. Ya think Trump's lawyers have time to launch petty actions as a prelude to something big? Have you looked at a calendar lately?

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, Sujo said:

Trumps lawyers narrowed their court complaint about arizona to be about 180/190 votes.

biden ahead by 11,400 votes.

So a complete waste of time.

And money too. Who is paying for all these court cases and re-counts?

12 hours ago, Scott said:

In Arizona, all counties do a manual, hand count of a certain percent or number of ballots to make sure that the machine count is accurate.  

But who is paying for the court cases that Trump keeps bringing up and seeing them tossed out?

Edited by billd766
bad spelling

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The campaign still has funds. Or they're promising lawyers eventual payment. Nothing really sinister here.

I would be seeking contingency fees up front should I accept a brief from them

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

I would be seeking contingency fees up front should I accept a brief from them

They might consider it an investment that will pay off later when solvent Republicans need them. At any rate, I don't think there's anything to be found in the funding source. Maybe just some billionaire Republican.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

But who is paying for the court cases that Trump keeps bringing up and seeing them tossed out?

I think previous posters have answered this.  But it's worth noting that some of the law firms are withdrawing from the Trump Campaign efforts:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/law-firm-drops-trump-campaign-436418

• Like 1

With not much in the way of voter fraud, Lindsey Graham tried to put his finger on the scale...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/16/lindsey-graham-georgia-2020-election-436910

Speaking with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Monday evening, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger said the South Carolina Republican asked whether he could check signatures on mail-in ballots during Georgia’s recount and use a high frequency of mismatches to justify throwing away mail-in ballots in certain counties. Raffensperger said he took Graham’s comments as “an implication of look hard and see how many ballots you could throw out.”

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

An unsourced claim re Georgia election news has been removed.

If you're going to post such things, you need to include a weblink to an original, credible news source.

Many sources for the found 2500 georgia ballots, e.g. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/hand-tally-georgia-presidential-race-continues-74237336

It won't affect the result with 1600 votes for Trump, 900 for biden, but shows it was good to do a recount.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Many sources for the found 2500 georgia ballots, e.g. https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/hand-tally-georgia-presidential-race-continues-74237336

It won't affect the result with 1600 votes for Trump, 900 for biden, but shows it was good to do a recount.

Election officials said Monday that the hand tally had turned up more than 2,500 votes in one county that weren't previously counted but that that won't alter the overall outcome of the race.

The unofficial breakdown of the votes those votes was 1,643 for Trump, 865 for Biden and 16 for Libertarian Jo Jorgensen, according to Gabriel Sterling, a top elections official.

Nearly 5 million votes were cast in the presidential election in Georgia, and Biden was leading President Donald Trump by about 14,000 votes.

The hand tally appeared to go smoothly in most places, and the vast majority of the state's 159 counties had completed their work by Monday, Sterling said.