TripAdvisor slaps warning on Thailand's 'Sea View Resort & Spa' review page

webfact

I certainly will miss Thai visa and their ridiculous comments...

This case is just simple business, nothing more and nothing less.

The point is not if the written review was right or wrong; as reviews are always in the eye of the beholder; you might believe them or may not. And believe me not all those reviews are truthful and correct.

The hotel was just ill advised and might facing now the bad result. We would never make such a big deal out of ONE very bad review, if the overall review score is excellent;  is just not worth the trouble...

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You could not be more wrong. It has made the BBC news again now and guess what? 

More bad publicity for the hotel and Thai tourism. 

I do not watch the biased bbc.Just shows how bad they are.When i was about 8 years old.my headmaster who was a spitfire pilot in ww2.said to me.there are always 2 sides to a story.I have never forgotten them words.I have been going thailand for 35 years.i lived there for 12 years.I have never had a problem with a hotel.apart from being ripped of with cleaning cost of the bed sheet. in 2008 .1000 baht .£10 at the time..After that .i used to buy some salt and a small brush in case.And get the girl to clean it.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, mark131v said:

I disagree, TripAdvisor have gone up greatly in my opinion!!

They have shown they practice what they preach and I fear if they had not become involved in getting the hotel to the negotiating table the Hotel would have pursued Barnes to the last

The hotel have shown they are petty and very vindictive, TA had a duty to pass this information on to potential customers, Seaview set a precedent now they need to reap the whirlwind...

So you think the farang acted normaly.The farang gets us a very bad name,

2 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

No I think there is a good chance he acted like a dick but that is totally irrelevant, the hotel however have shown how stupid petty and vindictive they are, their behaviour is beyond the pale...

ps. did you actually read the comments in question or do you just blindly go with the flock in the mistaken belief you will be accepted?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Cheap charlie didn't want to pay corkage fee and went on crying looking for help and support from it's fellow whiners , you must be one of them . 

Aww mate, you a bit dim or too lazy to read the article?

He paid 6k baht for the room that's not the action of a cheap charlie

Never been a whiner just don't bend over and accept Thainess like this, do you bend over to be accepted? I reckon you do...

4 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

That's where you are wrong , 1 bad review can destroy 100's of good reviews . If people are reading reviews they are looking for the bad ones . 

One mention in the NY Times can destroy 1000's of bookings, multiple mentions in the worldwide press mmm let me think....

41 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

I do not watch the biased bbc.Just shows how bad they are.When i was about 8 years old.my headmaster who was a spitfire pilot in ww2.said to me.there are always 2 sides to a story.I have never forgotten them words.I have been going thailand for 35 years.i lived there for 12 years.I have never had a problem with a hotel.apart from being ripped of with cleaning cost of the bed sheet. in 2008 .1000 baht .£10 at the time..After that .i used to buy some salt and a small brush in case.And get the girl to clean it.

but if you complained about it you could be in jail. Which is the point of TA warning. To let you know.

40 minutes ago, Thomas Hannah said:

So what. The position is that if you post a bad review for this resort they may put you in jail.

You have a problem with that warning? Considering its true.

32 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Never been a whiner just don't bend over and accept Thainess like this, do you bend over to be accepted? I reckon you do...

The cost of his room is irrelevant , he didnt want to pay   a corkage fee .

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

The cost of his room is irrelevant , he didnt want to pay   a corkage fee .

I'm not sure it's irrelevant, since a 10,000 baht a night room gives me expectations.  high.

if the room was 50 baht i bet he wouldn't write a bad review.  i mean, it's 50 baht

when expectations are destroyed, you can get pretty upset

if i get a cheap place and it's loud.....well, i don't complain, i know what i paid

i think the relative high cost of the room put him on alert.  

1 hour ago, Thomas Hannah said:

Nope and don't really care how the paying customer behaved, how the hotel behaved on the other hand is shocking...

Are you one of those people who believe if you wai and kiss ass you'll be accepted as an equal? 

I have no wish to dumb myself down and care nothing of how an uneducated Thai thinks of me, it's irrelevant

38 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

I'm not sure it's irrelevant, since a 10,000 baht a night room gives me expectations.  high.

if the room was 50 baht i bet he wouldn't write a bad review.  i mean, it's 50 baht

when expectations are destroyed, you can get pretty upset

if i get a cheap place and it's loud.....well, i don't complain, i know what i paid

i think the relative high cost of the room put him on alert.  

Which again doesnt really matter. The TA warning is that if u leave a bad review this resort may have u jailed.

I dont know why posters are debating this at all.

The TA warning is correct. If you leave a bad review they may have you jailed.

I think all hotels in thailand should have this warning notice. But since this hotel actually did it then they deserve the warning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Hannah said:

So Yes, the guy writing the reviews was a jerk.

But who do you think gave Thailand the bad name?

The jerk, who's reviews would have been quickly forgotten and lost in the other reviews.

Or the global media storm surrounding the use of draconian Thai defamation laws, which ended up in a farang in a detention cell.

Hmmm, let me think!

• Thanks 2

Just now, Sujo said:

I dont know why posters are debating this at all.

The TA warning is correct. If you leave a bad review they may have you jailed.

I think all hotels in thailand should have this warning notice. But since this hotel actually did it then they deserve the warning.

The TA warning is misleading , the guy didnt get jailed for writing a review , he got let off with no punishment , not even a fine .

5 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Yes. It should. No one should mount an acidic campaign over a matter which even had been smoothed over at the time and then be allowed to give the hotel bad publicity by TA themselves. I'm sure he feels he has had the last laugh. 

Acidic campaign??

1 review removed by TA possibly venting certainly vindictive but already removed only resurfaced when the hotel released it

2 other reviews are exactly the same, word perfect, if you look at them they could all be true, nothing I haven't seen or experienced dozens of times

Last review a rehash of 2 and 3 again could be his genuine true feeling and experience of his stay...

Some very fragile ego's and drama queens on here, read the online 'acidic' comments and try to understand there are two sides to every story or don't, up to you...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark131v said:

Pay 6000baht for a room and to cheap charly to pay for corkage fee , seems like your the only 1 bending over . Don't worry i won't put any reviews about you on TripAdvisor.????

1 minute ago, mark131v said:

The Trip Advisor statement is crystal clear, the hotel had a reviewer jailed for 2 nights for posting a negative review, fact

That isnt a fact, he was held in police custody for not paying his bail money , had he paid the bail money, he wouldnt have been held in the police station