Britain's 'Yorkshire ripper' serial killer dies of COVID-19

snoop1130

Unbelievable at the proceedings before the start of his trial that the prosecution were willing to accept the plea of guilty of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility after he was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic by a number of psychiatrist's that would have then seen him commited to a mental institution rather than prison .. the trial Judge sought a detailed explanation of the prosecutions acceptance of the manslaughter plea before rejecting it stating it was to go before a jury with the charge of murder .. 

7 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Unbelievable at the proceedings before the start of his trial that the prosecution were willing to accept the plea of guilty of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility after he was diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic by a number of psychiatrist's that would have then seen him commited to a mental institution rather than prison .. the trial Judge sought a detailed explanation of the prosecutions acceptance of the manslaughter plea before rejecting it stating it was to go before a jury with the charge of murder .. 

I saw a documentary on him a fortnight or so ago on a UK channel but unfortunately cannot recall which one, BBC 2, BBC 4 or Ch5 at a guess for anyone that might be interested. It was new & not one I had seen before.

Edited by evadgib

17 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Unbelievable that he was interviewed 9 times yet still not arrested and released to kill again, eventually caught for stolen number plates and confessed to the murders !!

I myself was interviewed along with every male in the factory I was working at, it later came out that the police were looking at our teeth to see if there was a prominent gap in them as he had bitten one of his victims.

The reason our factory was chosen was that  he had given one of his victims ( survived ) a £5 note in payment for sex and this was traced to the payroll of 5 local factories including the one Sutcliffe worked ( Clarke Haulage ) !!

Made quite a stir in my locale and I have to admit driving past his house, after he was caught, with the old lady and a couple of friends for a gawp ( like you do at 20 years old !! ).

The plates were from a scrapyard at Cooper Bridge on the A62 near Huddersfield. His next victim was in the car. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

I saw a documentary on him a fortnight or so ago on a UK channel but unfortunately cannot recall which one, BBC 2, BBC 4 or Ch5 at a guess for anyone that might be interested. It was new & not one I had seen before.

Presume you are talking about this Dave ?

4CB42B29-7C2B-4C9E-96DF-E699754FDC2E.thumb.png.b34af4b83782ae62d8e7d7eb00447667.png

Can’t find it on iPlayer, wonder if it has been pulled .

Where did you watch it @evadgib ?

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

British serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, known as the Yorkshire Ripper for a five-year killing spree during which he stabbed and bludgeoned at least 13 women to death, has died

Good, hope they burn his worthless corpse and flush the ashes into the nearest sewer

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

British serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, known as the Yorkshire Ripper for a five-year killing spree during which he stabbed and bludgeoned at least 13 women to death, has died after catching COVID-19.

A very fitting end to this particular scumbag's existence in present circumstances then.

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Strange all the things I hear people say about this Ripper, yet are proud of Jack the Ripper. What's the difference apart from one is an enigma?

The difference is time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Strange all the things I hear people say about this Ripper, yet are proud of Jack the Ripper. What's the difference apart from one is an enigma?

No one with any empathy and a conscience is proud of Jack the Ripper. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

Capital punishment should resume for the likes of him.

But can you ever be 100% sure? The other post today about an alleged Korean serial killed who was forced to admit under police torture and they only found out after 20 years when capturing the real killer ... these things you can't really rule out.

Edited by wolf81
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, wolf81 said:

But can you ever be 100% sure? The other post today about an alleged Korean serial killed who was forced to admit under police torture and they only found out after 20 years when capturing the real killer ... these things you can't really rule out.

My general point nonetheless stands but I prefer not to head too far in that direction on this thread ????

(BTW: Uk Ch5 news devoted much of last night's bulletin to Sutcliffe's case for any that missed it).

@Andrew Dwyer

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

The Police must have had a good idea of what the Yorkshire Ripper looked like,

as one of my customers in Sunderland was taken into the station and questioned,

he also use to do weekly trips down to Leeds to buy goods,and the detectives thought

it was the ripper sending tapes in with a Wearside  accent.

When Sutcliffe was arrested he was the spitting image of my customer,they let the

Ripper slip through their fingers many times, they should have solved it when

they found the 5 pound note, it was from his pay packet. one good thing has come

from Covid 19 ,when it took him.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Maybe 'proud' is the wrong word. There are many making money off him, Ripper tours etc in London. 

Not sure what point you are trying to make? 'Crime tours' are not unique to London. There are 'Mafia tours' in Chicago, 'Strangler tours' in Boston, etc. Many people are fascinated by crime.

On 11/13/2020 at 5:54 PM, snoop1130 said:

Britain's 'Yorkshire ripper' serial killer dies of COVID-19

article-1295224-04ABA25A0000044D-953_308x185.jpg

LONDON (Reuters) - British serial killer Peter Sutcliffe, known as the Yorkshire Ripper for a five-year killing spree during which he stabbed and bludgeoned at least 13 women to death, has died after catching COVID-19.

Sutcliffe's murders - which left women mutilated across northern England - triggered widespread fear in northern cities and the police were criticised for taking so long to track him down.

Sutcliffe was arrested in 1981 and pleaded guilty to 13 charges of murder and 7 charges of attempted murder. He spent the rest of his days in prison. He died on Friday in the early hours after refusing coronavirus treatment. He was 74.

Between 1975 and 1980, Sutcliffe killed 13 women - including a 16-year-old shop assistant. His youngest victim, just 14 when Sutcliffe hit her five times in the head with a hammer in 1975, survived the attack.

Sutcliffe was sentenced to 20 life terms in prison and was later diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-11-13

he also spent time in broadmoor.....lived in clayton BRADFORD.......west yorkshire. George Oldfield.....police detective was haunted by Sutcliffe.....

24 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

he also spent time in broadmoor.....lived in clayton BRADFORD.......west yorkshire. George Oldfield.....police detective was haunted by Sutcliffe.....

Born in Bingley he lived in Clayton at Sonias parents for a couple of years until he bought the house in Heaton in ‘77.

Sonia still lives there, incredibly, but her new husband of a couple of years refuses to set foot in the place and has a flat nearby.