Government liberalises sale and possession of category II narcotics

webfact

30 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Why? If you’re making money selling illegal drugs…the last thing you want to hear is that they’re going to legalize it.

The soon to be opened Sukhumvit branches of 'Abuja Community Dispensary' agree.

• Haha 1

Does this mean that paracetamol with codeine and cough syrup with codeine will be back on sale in pharmacies over the counter?  I doubt it.  No mention of allowing cold medicine with pseudoethedrine that actually works back either. So what difference is this going to make for the average person who gets a cold or allergies or back pain from time to time?  

It seems like ministries feel under an obligation to make meaningless press releases from time to time to make it appear to the ignorant public that they are doing something useful. The ignorant Thai reporters just print them as is without understanding them. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Actually this is good news.  Locally developed medications from these sources will be less expensive for Thais, giving more of them access to medications that were previously too expensive.

Cocaine hydrochloride is used in eye drops for some medical purposes.  It is a good anesthetic and is still used for eye surgery.  It is also a vasoconstricting agent, useful for certain conditions.

Opium can be converted into morphine as well as into heroin.  Morphine is widely used as a pain killer, cough suppressant,  and can be used for severe cases of diarrhea. 

Heroin can be used as a last resort pain killer in cases such as terminal cancer, but is out of favor and generally illegal because of its addictivity.  Synthetic opioids such a fentinyl, which is stronger than heroine but also even more addictive than heroin (the developers lied about fentinyl's addictivity to get governments to approve it), are used instead.

You can already get Ropec which is codeine in hospitals and is useful as a cough suppressant and against diarrhea.  Tramadol, a synthetic opioid recently disappeared from pharmacies but is still available in hospitals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Tramadol, a synthetic opioid recently disappeared from pharmacies but is still available in hospitals.

You might want to check again, as the Pharmacies I get my meds from still carry Tramadol, as I use it on an as needed basis for my back issues, and keep stocking up whenever I go into the LAB, or the two other pharmacies I use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Best to let them totally liberalise cat 5 (weed kratom) instead of this

i thought they just legalized Kratom a few weeks ago ?

IIRC from what wifey told me, but could be LIT

correct that, after looking myself
it just looks like gov will soon be able to "legally" produce, sell and export,
and will still criminalize anyone else that engages in the activity

Edited by patman30
  • Like 2

Cocaine is also used during procedures involving the upper respiratory tract. In addition to anesthesia and vasoconstriction of the upper respiratory tract, cocaine also shrinks the mucosa or mucous membranes.3

Cocaine used during medical procedures comes in the form of a topical solution. This cocaine hydrochloride solution comes in three different concentrations: 1%, 4%, or 10%. Because of potential toxicity, usually, only 1% or 4% solutions are used

9 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

That’s handy . If I’m not mistaken is China not one of the worlds biggest manufacturers of chemicals used to make synthetic drugs ? 
If so then it’s nice of the Thai government to put all these things in place to make it easy for the new masters to start manufacturing in new factories in Thailand . 

From what i read, these are not synthetics,
however with the 240 days etc.
maybe they are in the middle of negotiations????

• Like 2

They havn't even really foud out how to do the marihuana legalization thqt's still in the works , but i geuss they already see lots of money can be made so quickly move on to different drugs to make even more . Or is this law just made to justify the return of the katingdaeng son . 

Oh good then Cannabis will be much more available and less regulated. I noticed my supplier has had more and better lately. People need to avoid narcotics cannabis is the only medicine you need for things like sleep and even chronic pain once you get used to it. Medical Cannabis has done me a world of good and I’m even more active physically because of it. I’m a disabled veteran and I’m telling you medical cannabis works. Just don’t drink or mix it with any other medication. I never drink anymore or take ANY OTHER medication anymore thanks to medical cannabis.

So that’s probably why medical cannabis is suddenly more plentiful lately ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

They havn't even really foud out how to do the marihuana legalization thqt's still in the works , but i geuss they already see lots of money can be made so quickly move on to different drugs to make even more . Or is this law just made to justify the return of the katingdaeng son . 

It’s been done for a few years now actually not bad at all either. 

1 minute ago, KirkStephan said:

It’s been done for a few years now actually not bad at all either. 

I know but it's still in the beginning stages and a few years is a bit long don't you think . I don't remember since when you could register but that's not been a few years yet . They have been busy for a few years talking about it that's right but the actual legalization hasn't begun that long ago . 

39 minutes ago, patman30 said:

i thought they just legalized Kratom a few weeks ago ?

IIRC from what wifey told me, but could be LIT

correct that, after looking myself
it just looks like gov will soon be able to "legally" produce, sell and export,
and will still criminalize anyone else that engages in the activity

But it's decriminalized for users?