Best Indian restaurants in Bangkok that have survived the pandemic

KarlosInBKK

Hi everyone, 

I know there are many posts regarding Indian restaurants in BKK, but I couldn't find any recent posts. So, can I please have your recommendations of Indian restaurants that have survived through these tough times. Ideally, restaurants that you have visited in the past few months. It would also be great if you could include the price range, your favorite items on the menu, location etc.

Many thanks in advance.

I dont think any of the Indians have been affected to badly by the pandemic in BKK, so i would be surprised if any of them shut, perhaps some that cater to tourists around Koh San or the alike. Those elsewhere make a brisk trade from locals, expat community without tourists.

My favorite is Masala Art, located at 8Thonglor. Not cheap but lovely. I did also have an Indus recently and it was really good.

Punjab Grill Sukhumvit Soi 13. Have not been for months as I am stuck outside Thailand but resident friends have been several times since June and confirm standards are still very high. Check their website for special offers such as the Sunday brunch (bring a large appetite) and certain evening deal (apart from Sundays, they are open only in the evenings). Not cheap but very high quality.

Totally agree with those who recommend Indus, strongly disagree re Rang Mahal. Tandoor Suk 11 is quite good, medium expensive. I found Punjab Grill, Suk 13, same building as Radisson Suites, to be quite the best I've had in BKK, possibly anywhere. It's quite expensive. Haven't been since Covid, but it's still open.

I would definitely recommend Amritsr in Sukhumvit Soi 22. Very good chef and management. Popular with local Indians. Cheaper than Punjabi Grill. I would not use the Soi 11 branch at this time.

Not Indian, but a huge shout out for Manuel Lanka, Rajaprarob Soi 4. Used to be bustling with Sri Lankan visitors, now very quiet but hanging on. I have been back a few times recently and food is still excellent. Sets which include a protein dish (chicken, fish, prawns) start at 100 baht and come with rice and 4-5 vegetable side dishes. Some dishes are spicy, but overall lighter than typical Northern Indian food. Pictures and menu can be seen on TA.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 12:46 PM, KarlosInBKK said:

Hi everyone, 

I know there are many posts regarding Indian restaurants in BKK, but I couldn't find any recent posts. So, can I please have your recommendations of Indian restaurants that have survived through these tough times. Ideally, restaurants that you have visited in the past few months. It would also be great if you could include the price range, your favorite items on the menu, location etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Taste of India in Khao San Road. 

5 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

There is no such thing like "Indian" food; the spiciness of Southern cuisine has little in common to the Sikkhim and Kashmir delights except, that both areas are in political India ???? 

Let's completely ignore the request for good Indian restaurants and instead get into the semantics of what precisely ‘Indian cuisine’ is !!! 

(its Sikkim BTW...  no H) :whistling:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Let's completely ignore the request for good Indian restaurants and instead get into the semantics of what precisely ‘Indian cuisine’ is !!! 

(its Sikkim BTW...  no H) :whistling:

Not knowing where you are from, Sir, there is a distinct regional difference in cuisine and dining culture - at least where I come from. 

I also had a serious word with my spell checker about that extra "H" in Sikkim; got promised that it will never happen again ???? 

On 11/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, tapasguy said:

Not Indian, but a huge shout out for Manuel Lanka, Rajaprarob Soi 4. Used to be bustling with Sri Lankan visitors, now very quiet but hanging on. I have been back a few times recently and food is still excellent. Sets which include a protein dish (chicken, fish, prawns) start at 100 baht and come with rice and 4-5 vegetable side dishes. Some dishes are spicy, but overall lighter than typical Northern Indian food. Pictures and menu can be seen on TA.

Had their fish ambul thiel and coconut simbal (sic?) yesterday. Excellent.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, Surelynot said:

Not been in, but there is one on Soi Sukhumvit 13.....must doing quite well...there was a brand new Rolls Royce Wraith parked in the owners spot!!!

Benares and it is excellent, not cheap, but definitely worth it.

There are a few Indian "Fast Food" stands around the "W" food district in Phra Khanong.

One is a kiosk at the "W" entrance off Sukhumvit, next to "Prime Burger", Opens around noon.  The other is within the "W" food court and open in the evening.  I'm no judge of Indian food so I can't speak of the quality.