Trump campaign shifts strategy as recount, lawsuit efforts founder

webfact

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It may not, but Trump owes it to the more than 70 MILLION people that voted for him to do everything he can to win.

Gore certainly didn't concede before he had to.

Gore lost by a few hundred votes in one state.  A recount may well have changed that result, unfortunately the Supreme Court halted it.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Yes, and not because Trump et al expect to actually flip the result. It seems far more what they are doing is play the Goering principle: tell a big enough lie often enough and loud enough and enough people will believe it. They're trying to make a Biden presidency impotent.

It's the modern day version of poisoning the well. Except the well this bunch of reprobates are poisoning is the one named American democracy.

Goebbels would be very offended to learn that his Big Lie tactic was ascribed to Goering. I just hope his keepers in hell keep him from finding out.

32 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Goebbels would be very offended to learn that his Big Lie tactic was ascribed to Goering. I just hope his keepers in hell keep him from finding out.

The big lie philosophy actually emanates from Mein Kampf - way before either of the G people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Before the gulf wars (the one with fabricated evidence) I always thought highly of the US and its people. Supported most of what they said thought it was a non corrupt honest country. The fabricated evidence of the gulf war damaged it. I became a sceptic. Then Trump for 4 years made it worse, and now the dirty tricks these people are trying just to not accept defeat shows me how rotten the US is. 

This is just shameful a president acting like this. No proof but saying there is fraud all that lying and cheating. How can the US ever regain any credibility in the world. If they work this way in their own house who knows how much they lie to their allies. Bit scary. 

With you all the way, Rob! If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much ????

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump campaign shifts strategy as recount, lawsuit efforts founder

regardless how many lawsuits/strategies he may come up with he still a sore loser and as the old saying goes a loser always a loser or in his case an impeached sore loser.... what a (poor, bad) legacy he's leaving to the USA history "egocentric sore loser, liar, mad man with a brain damaged "

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I wasn't sure which of the two, but was too lazy to check ... thanks.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." 

Playing out in front of our eyes in good old USA.

(I come from 'lame stream media', we acknowledge the errors and correct them :D)

9 hours ago, riclag said:

Let it play out ! If things work out as whats been reported at the press conference , the truth will prevail!  Mr. Trump and his elite task force of lawyers ,sound dangerously confident!

as confident as  Trump was when telling people to use disinfectant and strong blue light to get rid of the virus or as confident as Trump was the virus would be gone by (last) spring ..... lock them up.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This is no longer about the election, Trump and Giuliani are attempting to subvert democracy itself. If they succeed, America will become a totalitarian state.

The more this sh!tshow plays out, the better I feel about the democratic exercise. Protective policies are standing the test of time. If you chip away at all the problems, what is left is a working process. It's not perfect and hopefully we can look at this in hindsight and plug up the holes, starting with the electoral college. In 2016 the politician with the fewest votes won, and this election 45 is attacking the holders of the electoral votes, putting pressure on them to switch become faithless electorates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Part of Donald Trump’s election fraud claims have related to dead people reportedly casting votes. Now the President has been proven wrong.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/claims-of-dead-people-voting-in-the-us-election-debunked/news-story/e52f11320c5d265573f9252933723f71

he's probably correct, though, depending on how quickly voter rolls are updated.

my gosh, considering he's directly responsible for the deaths of a quarter million americans over the past six months, surely some of his victims had returned mail-in ballots before expiring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

There's just one problem: their 'researchers' mistook MN as the abbreviation for Michigan, when it's Minnesota. Michigan is MI.

9 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The problem here was that they Googled "Population of Georgia", and Google returned the population numbers for the nation of Georgia, the one that borders Russia, which has 3.7 million people vs the US State of Georgia which has over 10 million.

I rather suspect that the "researchers" used Yandex instead of Google, as they will be much more familiar with that one for obvious reasons.

You have to admit that all those states may be confusing for non-Americans

• Haha 2