No vaccine, no entry – the next challenge of Covid-19

webfact

It just makes sense.

Actually it will be 2 jabs.

Requirement,,,,,, vaccinated 3 weeks prior to travel 

Thais who are overseas who wish to come home same requirements

It has to be this way & airlines will need to enforce.

As I have already said, the brains trust are working on a certificate of vaccination they say will be

99.999% non forgeable or transferable

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Wrong.

I know that one Russian Covid-19 vaccine, called “Sputnik V”, got approval....(not sure from where or whom) after testing in only 76 volunteers. 
   Not sure I would trust that one.

“The first of three vaccines that Russia expects to bring to market, it was developed at the government’s Gamaleya Institute and approved after testing in just 76 volunteers.

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that his own daughter had taken the vaccine, a nod to the 1950s Russian researchers who inoculated their own children against smallpox.”

from Los Angeles Times  -  October 28, 2020

Edited by Catoni
Addition

1 minute ago, Catoni said:

I know that one Russian vaccine got approval....(not sure from where or whom) after testing in only 76 volunteers. 
   Not sure I would trust that one.

“The first of three vaccines that Russia expects to bring to market, it was developed at the government’s Gamaleya Institute and approved after testing in just 76 volunteers.

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that his own daughter had taken the vaccine, a nod to the 1950s Russian researchers who inoculated their own children against smallpox.”

from Los Angeles Times  -  October 28, 2020

https://english.sina.cn/news/2020-08-29/detail-iivhuipp1308946.d.html

• Sad 1

Want to get back to thailand quick.

get admitted to a carehome and or work in one and be first in line for the uk vaccination programme ,which is supposed to start next month .

So hopefully i could be vaccinated before

i fly to thailand in jan 2021

I wonder if the vaccination will flag you up as a positive covid test if you just recently had the shot ???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse. Not one person ( other than in trials ) has been vaccinated yet and 8 billion to go.

And that is if the Vaccines pan out during Trials.

There still may be some issues with the Trials.

It is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khunangkaro said:

That is to be seen... 

If you can't fly without it, that means it IS compulsory AGAINST the LAW. 

Anyway, I don't fly. I'm inside Thailand 23 years already, with permissions to stay. I not use planes, I'm driving all around the country where I avoid tourist places.

Enter 7/11 every-day. I have access without a muzzle without a problem. Never tested, never quarantined, never bothered. 

As long as I live No RNA MODification vaccin into me. 

Well let's hope they don't make it compulsory otherwise your 23 years without a muzzle might be coming to an end...

• Like 2

"On a positive note, the Thai government may drop the 14 day quarantine for people that have had the vaccine (but not in the early days). "

As the vaccines probably wont be widespread until the end of next year that tells you where tourism is going, going...gone.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

I really hope it wont be mandatory to be vaccinated in order to visit thailand the first year at least... 

It surely will be. Talks in parliament now are; get your first vaccination before applying a visa for Thailand, and get the booster at least a week before flying in. Evidence of both jabs to be presented on arrival in Thailand (and some even ask for a 24 hour wait on the test in the airport, near the airport before moving on. Makes perfect sense!

Edited by Wildliferescue
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Given the Thai Government’s low-risk strategy, well almost zero-risk strategy, and reluctance to take any chances with a second wave of Covid 19, it is highly likely there will be a stipulation that anyone entering Thailand will need a vaccine certificate or stamp in their passports.

Not for Thai, I hope. 

6 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

I really hope it wont be mandatory to be vaccinated in order to visit thailand the first year at least... 

No vaccine no travel... or quarantine, only two options for next year if you want to get away.