No vaccine, no entry – the next challenge of Covid-19

webfact

10 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

I really hope it wont be mandatory to be vaccinated in order to visit thailand the first year at least... 

Unfortunately the way it is heading, we won't be able to live our lifes without the vax. It will become a prerequisite for most of things.

7 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

It continues to amaze me how much freedom people will give up out of fear. So to participate in society you are willing to let governments tell you what vaccines you must have?  Where does that end?  

Get off your high horse nothing is mandatory,. nobody is telling you anything.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

To complicate matters, there is not yet sufficient evidence that having had a bout of Covid-19, whether asymptomatic or not, guarantees you immunity. Or, if it does, for how long?

60,000,000 known cases and only 5 reinfections could be considered evidence.Keep the fear going anyway it helps sell the vaccine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Absolutely. 

Free to be an anti vaccer.

Just better accept the consequences!

Just found time to watch this and I see it as a very fair analysis.

What comes out of it to me, is that:

NO, it's not perfect...that's why it's called "research"

YES, there will be mistakes...that's why it's called "research"

Sadly some people may suffer...and guess what....that's why it's called "research" 

But overall IMO the threat from being an Anti-Vaxxer far outweighs the dangers of taking, albeit a hastily developed vaccine....as long as it remains voluntary!!!

But those  who decline it may well find themselves excluded from certain activities IMO

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

In addition which of the vaccines will be recognised, I do believe the Chinese & Russian ones have not been given world health approval ......!!!

Who the <deleted> would trust a Chinese vacccination with their record ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sezze said:

Moderna will be around 1000 baht , Pfizer around 700 baht .

Oxford/AstraZeneca will be the cheapest yes around 100-150 baht . In several countries they already said it will be free .

Now only wait a few more weeks and with some luck we get our 1st vaccines approved and distributed . Will take a while to get all people done , but im hoping to get my shots around Easter 2021 .

Most European countries will have done full vaccination ( those who want ) by the end of the summer or autumn 2021 , since they bought the vaccines in research phase .I know US has done for Moderna , dont know the others . They will off course get 1st batch as soon as they get the approval ( might be 2nd half december ) . People who are 20-40y old or children will have to wait the longest as they got best chance of a non symptomatic infection ( and very low deathrate ) .

The U.S. has not given emergency use authorization to ANY CV vaccine, as yet. The federal agency that decides such things is scheduled to meet around mid-December to discuss applications.

What the U.S. govt. has done is advance order supplies of different vaccine candidates, in the event they're approved, and has funded development and manufacturing of vaccine candidates, so supplies would be available if the vaccines end up getting the green light.

55 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

60,000,000 known cases and only 5 reinfections could be considered evidence.Keep the fear going anyway it helps sell the vaccine.

There are hundreds of reinfections worldwide, suggesting immunity could last as little as 3 months in some. Longer in others, perhaps up to 12 months. I guess time will tell as we go along. 

===quote from link below

The Netherlands alone has 50 such cases, Brazil 95, Sweden 150, Mexico 285, and Qatar at least 243

====

And this is on a very tight protocol of considering what is defined as reinfection. So in reality, likely many more.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/11/more-people-are-getting-covid-19-twice-suggesting-immunity-wanes-quickly-some

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

A post-vaccine quarantine (even if only the early days) will go down well!! This stinks of either a complete hatred of them 'ghastly farangs' or just a general self-loathing. I, along with several 'two-week millionaires' (we love this term btw) would've been there straight after our 'vaccine certificate' came through but they can swivel if quarantine is still a requirement.

12 minutes ago, Al Nilam said:

Once you have had the vaccine then no need for covid-19 health insurance surely !

No, some Covid-19 patients from the first wave survived and built up an immunity but were again infected by Covid-19 with the 2nd wave.

The variations of Sars Cov2 (Covid-19) are not yet defined.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Oxford vaccine is £3 a shot. Non profit making. 

Retail in Bangkok?

Lots of things cost very little to produce them. But for the single customer at the end of the line they are a lot more expensive. And obviously someone has to inject that vaccine and will charge for that work.

The irony in some of these posts speculating about retirees in Thailand refusing the jab and getting picked up/flagged at their next visa renewal is if they won't have the jap and are therefore refused an extn or are blatantly deported how do the authorities think they are going to get them home?

Edited by evadgib
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Retail in Bangkok?

Lots of things cost very little to produce them. But for the single customer at the end of the line they are a lot more expensive. And obviously someone has to inject that vaccine and will charge for that work.

Im not sure about that OMF. Just heard that figure here in the U.K. last night as one of the positives to make easily accessible world wide including the poorest of countries. 

Hopefully still a cheap option for all expats in Thailand.