Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Cannabis Removed from Drug List

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Like drunks, they are testing for this and arrest those who are high.

Even with the tests, making it legal means we will have a lot more high people on the roads, as we continue to have drunks and those on yaba. I feel it's going to make the roads even more dangerous at night. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I'd like to see it fully legalised but I'd worry about the introduction of stoned drivers to the roads. 

Just like alcohol and prescription drugs it is still illegal to drive under the influence of the legalized drug, alcohol or prescribed medication.  However, it has never stopped those stupid people who do not think they are impaired. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I really don't understand people wanting to take cannabis other sick people, that is my view and my opinion. 

In England we called people who took it for just getting high smack heads. 

You are a little confused aren't you? Smack is heroin, rather a different kettle of fish. Presumably you're not actually English though, as it doesn't seem to be your first language.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Even with the tests, making it legal means we will have a lot more high people on the roads, as we continue to have drunks and those on yaba. I feel it's going to make the roads even more dangerous at night. 

Making it legal would allow for better regulation. Just like alcohol. But I've never seen a stoned person passed out on the sidewalk. Or staggering around. Just doesn't happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, johnnysunshine said:

Actually please remember that Cannabis is a PLANT not a drug.   

A drug would be Aspirin or Lipitor which both cause more damage than this innocent and very healing PLANT, Cannabis

https://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/12/22/aspirin.history/index.html

The word "aspirin" wasn't a coincidence. It comes from Spiraea, a biological genus of shrubs that includes natural sources of the drug's key ingredient: salicylic acid. This acid, resembling what's in modern-day aspirin, can be found in jasmine, beans, peas, clover and certain grasses and trees.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I really don't understand people wanting to take cannabis other sick people, that is my view and my opinion. 

In England we called people who took it for just getting high smack heads. 

Cambridge dictionary definition :  BTW, nothing to do with cannabis.
smackhead
noun [ C ]
 UK informal

US 

/ˈsmæk.hed/ UK 

/ˈsmæk.hed/

a person who regularly takes heroin (= a strong illegal drug)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

However, permanent secretary for public health said despite the delisting of cannabis (as a cat 5 narcotic), initially, only government agencies and community enterprises who work with the government agencies can grow cannabis and must seek permission from the FDA.

Recreational use of cannabis is still illegal. (TNA)

Translated:

Cannabis will be delisted as a cat 5 narcotic for government agencies and special groups of special growers designated by the government as well as special groups of corporate entities and other special companies who will process cannabis into high priced forms of medical cannabis for export and for highly regulated use in the domestic market under extremely rigid guidelines.

Individuals who grow or use cannabis without the express consent of the government will find that cannabis is still a cat 5 narcotic and will be thrown into jail as any individual use of raw forms of cannibis (as is allowed in virtual every other country where cannabis is legal for medical use) will negatively effect the profits of those corporations and companies who will process cannabis into high priced forms of medical cannabis for export and for highly regulated use in the domestic market under extremely rigid guidelines.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Illigal? Guessing you missed the whole point of this piece of news. They removed it from the narcotics list. That is a step in the direction to make it legal.

Yes correct legal for medical use,  sick people. 

What it is with you bunch of weed supporters on here that don't understand what it means. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

this would be a good time for you to excuse yourself and let the adults continue to have a conversation.  

Yeah I think I will, as for adults here thats lacking but I understand a person like you I have children of my own .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

???? Go on then what's that people who can do without illegal drugs. 

Some time ago I read about a large percentage of the american population being addicted to opiates ( provided in form of different ' medicines ' from the pharmaceutical industry ) .

If a larger part of the americans would use cannabis products instead , their profit would decrease ...

There are a lot of drugs available , most are on a chemical base and prescribed by doctors , ( and have a lot of unwanted side-effects ) .

Why not simply  'go bio ' ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

What it is with you bunch of weed supporters on here that don't understand what it means. 

And what is it with you when people are giving you perfectly reasonable points that have been backed by many, many studies that you cannot open your mind to the fact you may be wrong?

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Making it legal would allow for better regulation. Just like alcohol. But I've never seen a stoned person passed out on the sidewalk. Or staggering around. Just doesn't happen.

I agree about the regulation. Regarding the ones passed out or staggering around, I've seen plenty but I believe they were probably on spice (wrongly labelled legal cannabis) not cannabis itself. 

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah I think I will, as for adults here thats lacking but I understand a person like you I have children of my own .

you understand nothing about cannabis. if you like i can help you understand a little more and possibly help you break free from the reefer madness that you clearly suffer from. you will refuse and simply stand by your convictions i bet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, connda said:

I know that at our local regional amphur hospital they do have CBD oil.  I have chronic insomnia which is well documented in my hospital record. 
My hospital will only give me the narcotic,  benzodiazapines, for the insomnia.  If anyone know what benzodiazopines are you understand they are extremely strong narcotics with a high affinity for addiction. 
However, I asked about CBD oil as it is non-narcotic.  I was told that it was strong medicine only for cancer patients. 
Then checked with what I believe is the only cannabis clinic in Chiang Mai at Nakornping Hospital.  I asked about CDB for insomnia as was given a list that did not include insomnia.
However, the clinic in Pattaya that advertises on TV does list insomnia.
Imag2.jpg.f1ffe56424e38f7a2be98a592d62a71b.jpg

So, CBD is listed in numerous places at medicine that will help alleviate insomnia, and it's not a narcotic like benzodiazapines - and I can't get a prescription because the hospitals carrying CBD in the Chiang Mai area don't recognize it as a legitimate use.

But hospitals will load me up with real narcotics like diazapam and lorazepam which I do not want to take, but they will not prescribe a non-narcotic CBD oil. 

Explain that level of utter stupidity to me.  It boggles the mind.

I would also still like a prescription because as far as I can tell in the copious amount of articles written by media starting back in March of this year, insomnia and sleep disorders are clearly listed as conditions that can be treated with CDB oil.  It just seems not in Northern Thailand.
So stuck between a rock, a hard-place, and Thai medical bureaucracy - what can I do?

Mods.  If the post should be move to a health topic feel free.

52 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So people who have problems sleeping are sick? Those with back pain?

Your really making yourselve look foolish. You've obviously got no idea what this is all about.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, connda said:

I know that at our local regional amphur hospital they do have CBD oil.  I have chronic insomnia which is well documented in my hospital record. 
My hospital will only give me the narcotic,  benzodiazapines, for the insomnia.  If anyone know what benzodiazopines are you understand they are extremely strong narcotics with a high affinity for addiction. 
However, I asked about CBD oil as it is non-narcotic.  I was told that it was strong medicine only for cancer patients. 
Then checked with what I believe is the only cannabis clinic in Chiang Mai at Nakornping Hospital.  I asked about CDB for insomnia as was given a list that did not include insomnia.

So, CBD is listed in numerous places at medicine that will help alleviate insomnia, and it's not a narcotic like benzodiazapines - and I can't get a prescription because the hospitals carrying CBD in the Chiang Mai area don't recognize it as a legitimate use.

But hospitals will load me up with real narcotics like diazapam and lorazepam which I do not want to take, but they will not prescribe a non-narcotic CBD oil. 

I would also still like a prescription because as far as I can tell in the copious amount of articles written by media starting back in March of this year, insomnia and sleep disorders are clearly listed as conditions that can be treated with CDB oil.  It just seems not in Northern Thailand.
So stuck between a rock, a hard-place, and Thai medical bureaucracy - what can I do?

PM Sent. Let me know if you looked at it.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, connda said:

You can easly get this in Pattaya clinic, Oregene, walk in quickchat, blood test,blood pressure and off you go. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You must promise to throw them away after you've used the rest of the plant.

I'll be sure to burn mine in small quantities to make sure. 

And please make sure you roll them up neatly before you do......consider the environment! ????

Edited by VBF

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

you understand nothing about cannabis. if you like i can help you understand a little more and possibly help you break free from the reefer madness that you clearly suffer from. you will refuse and simply stand by your convictions i bet. 

I would like to prescribe mr mr a Henry of whacky backy for relaxation purposes ???? I used to enjoy having the 'occasional' toke which is why I can understand Kawasaki's concerns. I've also seen people appear addicted to it and whether intentional or not it became a gateway drug. I would like it legalised because I enjoy smoking it, I believe it has some health benefits, and it could be a good tax earner for the country, but it would also create more problems in society as some people will inevitably abuse it and use to excess.

• Like 2