Another local case linked to Thai-Myanmar border sneak

snoop1130

Another local case linked to Thai-Myanmar border sneak

By The Nation

800_3de7a5f9a0a86f9.jpg

The Department of Disease Control has confirmed another Covid-19 case in Singburi, which can be linked to a Thai woman who sneaked across the border from Tachilek in Myanmar.

Dr Sophon Iamsirithaworn, director of the general communicable diseases department, said on Friday that the new patient, a 51-year-old Thai woman, had taken the same Nok Air DD8717 flight to Don Mueang as the 25-year-old woman, who had secretly crossed over. The 25-year-old then took another flight to Phichit.

The movements of both women are being tracked, Dr Sophon added.

Meanwhile, the two Thai nationals who have taken the legal route back home from Tachilek in Myanmar will join the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration daily press conference on Saturday to dismiss rumours that they had sneaked in.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30399109

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-04

12 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Beginning to look as if the virus is slowly "creeping" around the country again, as it did after the infamous boxing match in Bangkok many months ago.

Don't worry. It wont creep into Cambodia.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, seajae said:

when will these idiots that sneaked across the border going to be charged and locked up, absolute BS reaction by the govt

And it was said that it was use dirty foreigners who were bringing in the virus.

• Like 1

So a woman caught it on a 1 hour flight from a Thai woman?   And Thai nationals are not being tested  before  6-20 hour flights home?  No wonder foreigners are showing  positive 5 days after they arrive in quarantine. 

• Like 2

Oh and I'm not an English snob but sneaked bothered me everytime I saw it.  Sounds like the type of the many  mistakes the Thai English major i know makes all the 

Snuck is the proper word IMHO. 

On 12/4/2020 at 5:19 PM, snoop1130 said:

a 51-year-old Thai woman, had taken the same Nok Air DD8717 flight to Don Mueang as the 25-year-old woman, who had secretly crossed over. The 25-year-old then took another flight to Phichit.

Good  job that mask wearing that they always wear and we are told wore  masks all the time had NO effect then.

• Like 1