Retirement Extension Refused.

My friend went to get his annual retirement extension with no change in address / status, so presented same paperwork to same office as last year.

Application was refused for using 2 bank accounts (combination was always in excess of 800k at any one time) and failure to provide proof of income.

Was told to go to Pattaya Immigration and if they won’t give an extension (why would they he doesn’t live in Chonburi province let alone Pattaya) come back and we will sort something out (probably $$$$$).

My friend (not me promise) does not want him or the office identified as it may bite back in the future, and yes this was recently.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, fishtank said:

Not sure we are getting the full story here.

Combination method? Maybe something wrong with the income proof.

Combination of two bank accounts?

Not clear.

Was using money in bank, enforced change of accounts during year, total 2 account balance never dropped below 800,000.

No intent to use combination method, hence no proof of income presented as it's not needed.

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

that is strange.

if using the 800k in the bank method, there is NO requirement to provide proof of income.  how could he?   he's, like, ummmmm........ retired.

In Jomtien, for the 65k baht/month method you are required to prove that your income is derived from a pension.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

400k+ transferred from 1st to 2nd mid year (with 400k+ left in 1st) when only 400k needed, increased to 800k+ in time for new extension.

What did he do wrong?

The money was 800k for 2 months before application for new extension?

34 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Was using money in bank, enforced change of accounts during year, total 2 account balance never dropped below 800,000.

No intent to use combination method, hence no proof of income presented as it's not needed.

I put my money in two bank accounts in the same bank and never had any problem. In fact, I just renewed it a few days ago.

I don't think the reason is that, please get an official written reason so that we can see.

You could have violated the 3 months after approval rule. Most people only remember the 2 months before application rule.

They are very strict on the 3 months after. Please give them a 12 months bank statement to verify.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

Just now, foreverlomsak said:

Not always possible.

Some fixed term accounts end, not all roll over year on year, and the money has to be transferred to another account (either existing or new).

I'm pretty sure that isn't allowed- has to be continuous in one account, but tell me if I'm wrong. I never had that problem.

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

its a business, so of course they are out to make money.  As to your insinuation that all agents are operating illegally, that is a commonly held myth among those who don't know the system that operates here . 

i know how the system works here....OKAY

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

This doesn't make any sense, probably the officer just wanted a brown envelope and every excuse was made up

you may very well be correct, knowing my friend he had no chance of getting one, and he will have no chance from me either in a couple of months time, if I can't get my extension from my local office for 1,900 Baht then I may be forced to go another route.

• Sad 1