PM Johnson says a moment may come when its game over on Brexit

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Susco said:

o do you have any credible source for the, in my opinion false claim, that "he EU has been forced to remove their ridiculous threat of labeling all goods between NI and UK 'at risk'."?

Haven't see one either. This is a terrible time as people can create the truth they want.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Declaring war on the axis in 1939...

The UK was at war with Germany alone, was it?  No help at all from the ex-colonies?  Or much of Europe?  Or the US Lend Lease?  Just the jolly British Bulldog and allotment gardners? 

Suggest it is you who needs to do a little bit of research into the early part of WW2.

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Similar in 1939 for many years, but the UK got over it.....:thumbsup:

I'm sure not many in the UK are really looking forward to many years of food shortages and rationing. 

Not sure that is what many who voted Leave actually voted for, but you all knew what it was so I guess they must have.

PH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

The UK was at war with Germany alone, was it?  No help at all from the ex-colonies?  Or much of Europe?  Or the US Lend Lease?  Just the jolly British Bulldog and allotment gardners? 

Suggest it is you who needs to do a little bit of research into the early part of WW2.

PH

????...Yeh all the allies were on the UK shores in 1939....????

Lend lease .....????

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Proboscis said:

So the British are not going to eat? The Russians have a lot more opportunity to grow their own food and substitute for French products whereas the British do not. Sure, the French may sell less but the market will not disappear overnight.

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

There is over 300,000 allotments in the Uk  

Around 87 per cent of UK households have a garden and estimates suggest that private gardens cover an area about the size of one-fifth of Wales. so plenty of  opportunity to grow their own food

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/13/how-brexit-made-the-allotment-cool-again

55 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So THAT was what you all voted for!  I had no idea all you wanted was to be able to grow your oewn food.  Not entirely sure how being innthe EU stopped you doing that before, but still.

PH

39 minutes ago, RayC said:

Is this meant to be the UK version of the CAP post transition? 'Buy/ rent an allotment and grow your own'. Call me pernickety, but I had hoped for something more substantial.

Your posts are idiotic and pointless as they have no bearing to the original post that implied that the British are incapable of growning their own food

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I'm sure not many in the UK are really looking forward to many years of food shortages and rationing. 

Not sure that is what many who voted Leave actually voted for, but you all knew what it was so I guess they must have.

PH

Scaremongering again today, so tiresome but a little amusing....????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Your posts are idiotic and pointless as they have no bearing to the original post that implied that the British are incapable of growning their own food

Even during WW2 when every piece of available land in the UK was turned over to food production we STILL had rationing and had to import food.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems slowly Boris realizes that when he promised unicorns he should have checked first if unicorns are available.

And obviously half the Brits believed him. Amazing.

half of britons want a proper no deal not some half assed EU servitude that we have no say in

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

Not me that suggested the UK could use allotments and back gradens to grow food post January...maybe you should talk to your fellow Brexiteer who brought it up as an idea.

PH

What is talked about here and what actually happens are two different things, just you look at the stuff you keep coming up with....????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeCross said:

half of britons want a proper no deal not some half assed EU servitude that we have no say in

No deal is off the table. If Johnson was going to go that route he would not have just put a border down the Irish sea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

What is talked about here and what actually happens are two different things, just you look at the stuff you keep coming up with....????

What you mean like Johnson saying there would be a border down the Irish sea "over his dead body" but yesterday Gove signed an agreement with the EU to put a border down the Irish sea?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Not me that suggested the UK could use allotments and back gradens to grow food post January...maybe you should talk to your fellow Brexiteer who brought it up as an idea.

PH

Telling Porkiess  please repost where I made such statement

14 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

What percentage of those who voted leave, ever considered that we might end up having to use our back gardens to grow our own food?

PH

Maybe you should go and ask the 300,000+   allotments in the Uk  which way they voted in the 2016 EU referendum and also ask the 87% of UK householders the same question

Its well known that Jeremy Corbyn has an allotment and grows food on his allotment

55 minutes ago, transam said:

What's nonsense about the UK getting over German axis aggression and the present situation to get things moving with our freedom.......

It just shows your frustrations with having been passed on many fronts by other European countries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

So THAT was what you all voted for!  I had no idea all you wanted was to be able to grow your oewn food.  Not entirely sure how being innthe EU stopped you doing that before, but still.

PH

The allotments on the continent, particularly Holland and Germany are something to behold....works of art and real passion (that should stir a few of the grumps from their mid-afternoon slumbers)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Susco said:

I'm not aware of any threats the EU made, only that they said they would take legal action against the UK if they continued with their illegal amendments to a signed agreement.

I have to admit that I'm not good at seeing something between the lines, especially if it isn't there, and only visible to those that are delusional

It was widely reported across various outlets that these threats were made, and they were never denied by the EU. Do you think Boris added these clauses and took all the flak from the media and the anti-UK lobby for no reason? He just thought it would be a bit of a laugh to threaten to break international law? And it's pure coincidence that now there's clarification of what is 'at risk' he's removed them? I guess you only see what you want to see. 

Deny it all you like, the EU got owned on this one. Great job by Boris. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1