New look Koh Larn coming along well, says Pattaya's mayor

webfact

New look Koh Larn coming along well, says Pattaya's mayor

5pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded reported that Pattaya's mayor Sontaya Khunpluem expressed satisfaction after a visit to Koh Larn.

A large amount of work, especially on public utilities, is being spent on the island off Pattaya as part of the "NEO" Koh Larn scheme.

It is being done in anticipation of the return of mass tourism.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Sontaya said that the port, cleanliness and environment measures all ticked his boxes.

Now work on surfacing nine dirt roads would take place. This would make the island even more tourist friendly.

His 2020,2021 and 2022 development plans were all proceeding nicely, reported the media. 

As part of public utility improvements the mayor is spending 350 million baht to upgrade Koh Larn.

77kaoded said that prior to the pandemic 5 million tourists visited annually. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-09

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Only really need to do two things........world class toilet facilities and frequent clearing of refuse.....done.

Anything else is just icing on the cake.

Infrastructure in Thailand is all about Roads.

Toilet facilities, Garbage collection and correct disposal and treatment, along with clean Water are all secondary and non essential.

I wonder if the 7 Rai Garbage Dump has been sorted out, or just buried, as part of this make over.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying public toilets are on every beach? The private ones were a rip off.

High standard, clean, accessible toilets.......what is not to like?

The most successful business in a town where I used to live (seaside fishing) owed its success to just that....its toilets.

• Like 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

High standard, clean, accessible toilets.......what is not to like?

The most successful business in a town where I used to live (seaside fishing) owed its success to just that....its toilets.

The private one on the big beach was not only a rip off, but disgusting to boot.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

The private one on the big beach was not only a rip off, but disgusting to boot.

Crazy. I know most humans are incapable of toileting themselves...but it cannot be beyond the wit of man to provide clean toilets..........they manage it in Germany and Holland.....even on the autobahns....spotless in the main.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:40 AM, jacko45k said:

Probably hidden from sight like other islands.

They don't bother to hide it near me (off Kao Noi).  Garbage festoons lots of quiet sois - a feeding ground for wild dogs and a breeding ground for wild rats.

21 minutes ago, mikebell said:

They don't bother to hide it near me (off Kao Noi).  Garbage festoons lots of quiet sois - a feeding ground for wild dogs and a breeding ground for wild rats.

I like to think it gets cleared off the beaches especially on the islands at least.... Khao Noi is not an Island, it is a hill. No different than the fly tipping areas consistently used by the Railway Line Bypass Rd. I haven't ridden down them for a while but I recall many Sois leading down to the beach in  South Jomtien were dumping grounds, despite being  the pathway Russian tourists headed from their accommodation to the beach on foot. Also the land around Bong Koch 8 was a tipping area... hell why bother listing them, too many to count. 

Edited by jacko45k

On 12/9/2020 at 10:41 AM, Surelynot said:

Only really need to do two things........world class toilet facilities and frequent clearing of refuse.....done.

And limit the number of visitors to the island every day, so the environment can cope, and tourism is sustainable.   This is free to do, but will not happen.  

• Like 1