Britain, EU set Sunday deadline to clinch Brexit trade deal

webfact

16 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

may as well just cut the cackle and announce No Deal today.

I've more chance of getting Thai citizenship this weekend than these lot agreeing a deal.

That's it, they are just playing poker with people's livelyhood and businesses, see who folds first..., the more time people have to prepare the better...

Neither side have the bottle to do anything extraordinary...! 

BTW; Go Go Liverpool , two year on a row champions...????????

Edited by Agusts
  • Thanks 1

this is getting funnier by the minute .... yet he still call the EU friends 555

Earlier in the day, Mr Johnson said during PMQs that the terms being demanded by “our friends in the EU”

https://news.yahoo.com/significant-obstacles-remain-boris-johnson-224059956.html

"We gained a clear understanding of each other's positions. They remain far apart.

https://news.yahoo.com/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-081509088.html

Boris Johnson has left Brussels with very little to show from his eleventh-hour Brexit talks with European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen on Wednesday evening.

Earlier in the day, Mr Johnson said during PMQs that the terms being demanded by “our friends in the EU”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deal-no-deal-britain-pay-034318116.html

Deal or no deal, Britain to pay high price for Brexit

Edited by Mavideol
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

this is getting funnier by the minute .... yet he still call the EU friends 555

https://news.yahoo.com/significant-obstacles-remain-boris-johnson-224059956.html

"We gained a clear understanding of each other's positions. They remain far apart.

https://news.yahoo.com/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-081509088.html

Boris Johnson has left Brussels with very little to show from his eleventh-hour Brexit talks with European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen on Wednesday evening.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deal-no-deal-britain-pay-034318116.html

Deal or no deal, Britain to pay high price for Brexit

An article from a French person, what other prediction would you expect..

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That confirms no deal the EU will not give in and Boris has been right all along but was obligated to try as stated.

Boris didn't really try, he was wasting time for everybody

fine, he will get his WTO deal, and let's see how he can negotiate after this

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

He has an 80 seat majority (something the Brexiteers rejoice in) so can basically change whatever laws he wants.

and he will if he thinks it's useful and can get away with it

I have to admit that I will miss this Brexit <deleted> show next year ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Boris didn't really try, he was wasting time for everybody

fine, he will get his WTO deal, and let's see how he can negotiate after this

Maybe Boris didn't bother trying much because he knew all along there would be no agreement on a deal. 

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Maybe Boris didn't bother trying much because he knew all along there would be no agreement on a deal. 

Oh boy , that's even worse, so he knew all along and wasted all the time and everybody's chance to prepare and lied to all that he could get an agreement...!!!? 

I just hope everything is properly reflected in history books about Brexit for people to read 30 years from now...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Oh boy , that's even worse, so he knew all along and wasted all the time and everybody's chance to prepare and lied to all that he could get an agreement...!!!? 

I just hope everything is properly reflected in history books about Brexit for people to read 30 years from now...

I don't know if you're English if you are you haven't really been around long enough to understand politicians.

I knew there would be no deal but it was an obligation of Boris to look down that road while plans for no deal were being put in place. 

You don't build lorry parks around and near ports for the fun of it sunshine. 

• Like 1

it's not surprising the Tories couldn't strike a deal with the EU, they have a history of being foolish and unreliable

as for the "unelected" forces behind the EU, there are also "unelected" forces behind in the UK

I guess it's better to be <deleted> over by your own people than the French or the Germans ????

and they said the Brexiteers are not racists ????

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

He'll be in a much stronger position once Project Fear has been debunked once and for all.

Well played Boris my son, well played.

so far Brexiteers have been wrong on everything, the WTO deal will not be different, but I guess we will find out soon enough

Theresa May has also her share of responsibility, Boris shouldn't be blamed alone, he was handed a <deleted> show to turn into something awesome for the UK. That completely failed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

so far Brexiteers have been wrong on everything, the WTO deal will not be different, but I guess we will find out soon enough

Theresa May has also her share of responsibility, Boris shouldn't be blamed alone, he was handed a <deleted> show to turn into something awesome for the UK. That completely failed.

Fair call but the future will show who is wrong and who is right. 

I guess another thread will start next year saying I told you so. ???? ????

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier Johnson said Brussels wanted Britain to comply with new EU laws in the future or be automatically punished, and was insisting it give up sovereign control over its fishing waters.

Where, what and who is Wallonia? It now sounds like some guy there will veto any agreement if it crosses his red lines. Did Boris have dinner with the monkey when he should have gone to see the real organ grinder. (That's not even Angela Merkel!)

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Where, what and who is Wallonia? It now sounds like some guy there will veto any agreement if it crosses his red lines. Did Boris have dinner with the monkey when he should have gone to see the real organ grinder. (That's not even Angela Merkel!)

What, you mean Macron?

What is the point of going at all, he is just trying to buy more time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Again you are another I disagree with, there's nothing to be alarmed about freedom.

All of the 9 points you state are just another list of exaggerated predictions.

I believe things will go well eventually once the dust is settled and will look on my old home from my new home with interest.

After the dust has settled? How long do you envision that will take?

Things were fine for a while after the dust settled from the black plague as well but it took the country a hundred years to actually get back to where it was.

And do remember, this is a self inflicted wound the rest of the world will not be hurt by.

So when do you think the UK will get back to its pre Brexit levels?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

What I don't understand is why Boris keeps going back to the negotiating table. Over and over again.  For someone who was always comfortable with no deal now seems to be desperate to get one.  Of course there was the oven ready one that hasn't materialised. 

I guess he is between a rock and a hard place.  He would roll over in a heartbeat, but is too scared to do that and get the kicking he would get from the hard line Brexiteers.  He knows they would have him ousted at the drop of a hat.  On the other hand, leaving with no deal would be political suicide in all but name.

Whichever way this goes, Johnson has made a complete pigs ear of this  and has shown, time after time, that he is not fit for office.

Again you you are a another I do not agree with, what you post is nothing but speculation nobody knows what the outcome will be.

All I know I knew from the start with Boris coming into a job he didn't really want knew all along there would be a no deal scenario. 

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

After the dust has settled? How long do you envision that will take?

Things were fine for a while after the dust settled from the black plague as well but it took the country a hundred years to actually get back to where it was.

And do remember, this is a self inflicted wound the rest of the world will not be hurt by.

So when do you think the UK will get back to its pre Brexit levels?

Why do you ask me me,  from your past posts you seem to know the future already. ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

so he just wasted tax payers money on a unnecessary trip to Brussels, well done BJ, keep it up 555

I agree with you at last yes Boris must keep his clever tactical moving and hit the EU hard. 

• Haha 2