Britons may need visas to stay in EU more than three months: French minister

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, batata said:

so why is the French PM telling otherwise

I will google that for you, wait right there , dont go away..................

(The French PM talking about tourists)

If you are resident in France before 31 December 2020, you will be able to stay.

You must apply online for the new residency permit before 1 July 2021, in line with the Withdrawal Agreement. You need to have your new residency permit before 1 October 2021.

All UK nationals resident in France need to apply for the new residency permit. This includes UK nationals:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-france#visas-and-residency

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

I will google that for you, wait right there , dont go away..................

(The French PM talking about tourists)

If you are resident in France before 31 December 2020, you will be able to stay.

You must apply online for the new residency permit before 1 July 2021, in line with the Withdrawal Agreement. You need to have your new residency permit before 1 October 2021.

All UK nationals resident in France need to apply for the new residency permit. This includes UK nationals:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-france#visas-and-residency

noted,  my misunderstanding then

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

for you maybe not a problem but the ones living there maybe a burden

For the ones living there, they have either already have, or can now, make the necessary arrangements for their stay in a foreign country. They are in the EU so they get new EU rules. It shouldn't come as a surprise to them.

There are 66 million in the UK who don't care about the burdens of ones who left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

For the ones living there, they have either already have, or can now, make the necessary arrangements for their stay in a foreign country. They are in the EU so they get new EU rules. It shouldn't come as a surprise to them.

There are 66 million in the UK who don't care about the burdens of ones who left.

I'm sure that your Brexiter friends in Thailand are touched by your concern for their welfare.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, stoutfella said:

Countries who welcome the tourist income, Spain, Italy, Greece etc. will be hurting.

Why? Looks like only for long stay ba visa is required, and that visa will probably be easy to obtain.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

This thread is about UK nationals resident or long stay in the EU. Didn’t you notice, or did you think you would like to twist it anyway?

Your words: "There are 66 million in the UK who don't care about the burdens of ones who left."

No exclusions mentioned there. Anyhow, you only disregard the plight of UK nationals resident in the EU? Those in, for example, Thailand are entitled to be treated differently?

BTW: You don't speak for me or anything like 66 million Brits.

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Your words: "There are 66 million in the UK who don't care about the burdens of ones who left."

No exclusions mentioned there. Anyhow, you only disregard the plight of UK nationals resident in the EU? Those in, for example, Thailand are entitled to be treated differently?

There is no plight. The only ‘burden’ for U.K. nationals resident in the EU is to get a permit or visa, whatever that country requires. 

Those in Thailand are already treated differently. Most are not entitled to very much at all. That’s just the way it is. 

I really really don’t care about them. That’s two reallies so cancels out your bleeding heart. Still 66 million. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RayC said:

That is the topic of this thread , we have been asked to keep on topic 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

Ah, so Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Greece are not southwards.

How long was your Florida visa waiver for? How long is a Thailand visa waiver for for UK passport holders?

Google is your friend, mon ami.....????

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

There is no plight. The only ‘burden’ for U.K. nationals resident in the EU is to get a permit or visa, whatever that country requires. 

Those in Thailand are already treated differently. Most are not entitled to very much at all. That’s just the way it is. 

I really really don’t care about them. That’s two reallies so cancels out your bleeding heart. Still 66 million. 

Fortunately, still not anything like 66 million Brits who share your views.

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

That is the topic of this thread , we have been asked to keep on topic 

It is on topic. I was trying to discover whether @Loiner had no time for all British migrants, or just those who make their homes in the EU.

I saw a report by the BBC at the weekend trying to make this into a massive deal.

They explained "Yes, but all your holidays add up so if you take 2 weeks at Easter and then 2 weeks in the summer those 2 weeks are added together to make 4 weeks". 

Of course they didn't mention it's still well under the 90 day limit. Maybe they though panicking Remainers can't add up right now with all this talk of cliff edges and crashing out. They've been so worked up to fever pitch that they can't calculate that 2 weeks plus 2 weeks is still way less than 90 days ????.

Oh and the big 3 telecoms providers have agreed not to reinstate roaming charges as well. Funnily, they didn't mention that either. Wonder why? Hmmm, weird. Let me think about that for a minute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RayC said:

It is on topic. I was trying to discover whether @Loiner had no time for all British migrants, or just those who make their homes in the EU.

You’re still digging aren’t you? Wrong topic old lad.  This one is about a French minister declaring a three months limit, or visas needed for Brits in the EU.

Nobody cares because it’s not a problem. 

Why not not open a new non-topic about Brexit might not affect Thai visas for long stay non-immigrant Brits? 

I and 66 million in the UK will not care. 

But keep digging. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You’re still digging aren’t you? Wrong topic old lad.  This one is about a French minister declaring a three months limit, or visas needed for Brits in the EU.

Nobody cares because it’s not a problem. 

Why not not open a new non-topic about Brexit might not affect Thai visas for long stay non-immigrant Brits? 

I and 66 million in the UK will not care. 

But keep digging. 

So long as you keep claiming to speak on behalf of 66 million Brits, I will keep replying and highlighting the lie for what it is.

Maybe capitals might help you understand?

YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME OR 66 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE UK

Give it up, me old mucker!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, RayC said:

So long as you keep claiming to speak on behalf of 66 million Brits, I will keep replying and highlighting the lie for what it is.

Maybe capitals might help you understand?

YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME OR 66 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE UK

Give it up, me old mucker!

66,000,000 don’t care 

18 minutes ago, RayC said:

.... about this exchange? Almost certainly correct. Nice to be able to agree with you for the first, and probably only, time. 

I see you are still digging.

Have you made a "Brexit affecting Thai Visas" topic yet?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RayC said:

You really can't help being aggressive, can you?

Aggressive would be a ‘punch up the froat’, but if you can’t cope with a free and frank exchange of ideas.... You are normally not backward in coming forwards with your own BS, but today you sound like you need a safe place. Maybe a lively forum is not the place for you. 

Started that topic yet?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Aggressive would be a ‘punch up the froat’, but if you can’t cope with a free and frank exchange of ideas.... You are normally not backward in coming forwards with your own BS, but today you sound like you need a safe place. Maybe a lively forum is not the place for you. 

Started that topic yet?

No safe place needed. I don't submit to bullies (physical or verbal).

Hardly an exchange of ideas. It just consists of Remainers pulling apart your flimsy, wafer-thin arguments, and you responding either with insults and/or deviation.

Like the vast majority of Brexiters posting on here - there are a handful of exceptions - you do not even attempt to engage with opponents in a meaningful way and defend your position with rational argument.

New topic? I'll paraphrase one of your replies. Don't expect me to do your work; do it yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

No safe place needed. I don't submit to bullies (physical or verbal).

Hardly an exchange of ideas. It just consists of Remainers pulling apart your flimsy, wafer-thin arguments, and you responding either with insults and/or deviation.

Like the vast majority of Brexiters posting on here - there are a handful of exceptions - you do not even attempt to engage with opponents in a meaningful way and defend your position with rational argument.

New topic? I'll paraphrase one of your replies. Don't expect me to do your work; do it yourself.

I think you need something. When it comes to bullying, well you and the rest of your TVF Remainer gang take that title. 

As far as rational argument goes, well your attempted deflection from 'EU visas for Brits in the EU' is noted. I've already told you what the whole nation thinks about that, but you would prefer to deflect to some sort of discussion about Brits in Thailand. 

If you can't keep on topic and don't want to open one about your question, well you will have to guess my opinion about that. If you don't like it, you don't have to engage but usually can't resist getting in there with a twist.

• Like 1