Trump revives threat to veto defense bill, teeing up battle with lawmakers

webfact

to

image.png.e2e5941a21341e704bcaed8eca633e3d.png

2 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Generally speaking, to be a Marxist (soft or hard, whatever that means), one would have to have read some Marx. At least Volume one of Das Kapital in English (the other two volumes are really notes, not prepared monograph).

I

I can n assure you that very few people have outside of the former Eastern Europe/Soviet Union. Not even China encourages the reading of Marx.

What some people in the USA mean when they say Marxist is an additional small amount of government intervention in the economy, above and beyond what has been the norm. That would make any US President who had to deal with a crisis a Marxist. The term is also used to describe all those places where there is a public health system - that is just about every country that can afford one except the USA. Germany (run by a centre-right government), UK (run by the Convervatives with a huge majority) - need I go on.

It would be much better if you criticised Harris in a more productive way. For instance, you may disagree with her tough approach on law and order (when she was Attorney General of the state of California - a place that is one of the largest economies in the world). While she does agree with the affordable care concept, she does not agree with the abolishing of private health insurance (a marxist who believes in private health insurance!). 

To understand the reasons behind the critique of parties such as John1012 it is not necessary to invoke political theory at all. Your best bet is to consult Ivan Pavlov's studies of conditioned reflexes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I am astounded by those misguided supporters of Trump who feel that budget to pay the nation's soldiers and cover expenses can be treated like a political football and held hostage for purpose of bargain. It has never been used as a political tool in the last 59 years and never a controversial issue to support men and women in uniform. Reps and Dems always find common ground on this. Meanwhile this recalcitrant prefer playing golf than attend to this important bill is inexcusable and nauseating.  

No matter how patriotic of a thing it is, $740B for the military should be a controversial issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John1012 said:

do they really think that the current federal United States of America will remain relevant on the international stage, even if it holds together, after this election farce?

Maybe not, but if it cannot weather the damage done to the USA's standing in the world by the dumb trump, proud boys and racist rhetoric, let alone his Covid-denying stupidity, amongst others, then the US will need much time to become respected again.

But the severe cracks in the system highlighted by this administration and its desire to back an idiot, and pardon his associates convicted of crimes, will take a lot of fixing. 

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John1012 said:

Thank you for your politeness, as to baseless, time will tell, I sincerely hope they are. Biden (seemingly a nice enough person) is not an achiever or an inspirational anything,he will just do what his owners tell him to do, Harris, who knows what she is, a soft Marxist?

Just wondering - tell me, have you ever read Das Kapital?

49 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Maybe Biden will have the gonads to have a decent crack at expansions Chinese! Trump seemed more interested in getting the right manufacturing price off the Chinese for his red ties and and his ridiculous red MAGA hats, at least the color was to the Chinese liking!

The official Trump gear sold on the website is made in American. But the stuff sold by hawkers at his rallies mostly isn't.

Where is 'MAGA' merchandise made? | WCIV (abcnews4.com)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Trump came in as a change agent. Perhaps Biden should do the same, and have Trump arrested for sedition as soon as he takes over on January 20. There's probably much more evidence of that than there is of electoral fraud.

Trump will continue to act as a spoiler until he is put away.

10 people in a room equals 1000 votes, the new norm. At least he hasn't removed all the "W's" from the White house keyboards and sold the furniture. 

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is more, IMO, to being broke than just monetarily.

IMO the US is broken and it's just a matter of time before it falls apart.

Something I might hear from a sore loser. Check in on Carl Rove for more on how...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/karl-rove-tells-fox-news-trump-is-beginning-to-look-like-a-sore-loser-video/ar-BB1bTOce?li=BBnb7Kz

• Like 1