Trump's conspiracies pose 'existential' threat to electronic voting industry -Smartmatic

webfact

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Why fix something that's not broken? 

P.S. Not sure if you are from the US or not, but states are in charge of voting.  Not the feds.

yes I know the states are in charge, see my post above, so they need to have a federal law to force the state to certain requirements for the voting process

the current voting system is broken for years, we had the same problem in 2000 with GW Bush, and it will happen again after this election

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

yes I know the states are in charge, see my post above, so they need to have a federal law to force the state to certain requirements for the voting process

the current voting system is broken for years, we had the same problem in 2000 with GW Bush, and it will happen again after this election

A federal law would not be constitutional.

What was wrong with the voting system this year?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

a catastrophic psychological meltdown.

Faked of course, or a faked heart attack or something similar    to save face.  Which is what the refusal to concede the election has always been about.   

Famous line from the movie Overboard:  "Everyone wants to be me" 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As each day passes trump escalates the fact he is totally unfit for Office, yet he still has a month before his terms ends. One hopes there is a rapid response mechanism should he have a catastrophic psychological meltdown.

I just woke up to news that 45 is actually considering Martial Law to reverse the election results. THIS is the stuff of banana republics! 45 is stress testing US democracy every way he can.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Democrats in Congress pushed gor security upgrades to electoral system. Republicans resisted.

"After legal threat, Fox airs news package debunking election fraud claims made by its own hosts" ????????????????????

"After voting technology company Smartmatic sent Fox News a blistering legal threat that accused the network of participating in a "disinformation campaign" against it, the network has started airing a remarkable news package debunking claims its hosts and guests have propagated."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/19/business/fox-smartmatic-news-package/index.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Now it's Newsmax! ????

“Newsmax has found no evidence that either Dominion or Smartmatic owns the other or has any business association with each other,” Tabacco said. “We have no evidence that Dominion uses Smartmatic’s software or vice versa. No evidence has been offered that Dominion or Smartmatic use software or reprogram software that manipulated votes in the 2020 election.”

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-and-newsmax-facing-lawsuits-walk-back-wild-fraud-claims-about-votingmachine-companies-215728233.html

Interesting how quickly Fox and NewsMax caved once challenged not even with actual lawsuits, but just threats of them.

But to me, the more interesting issue to watch will be what happens the next time Trump comes out publicly to spout some rubbish related to those two companies... How will Fox and NewsMax handle/report Trump's comments in the wake of their legal surrender.

• Like 2

45 has to spout his bizarre conspiracy theories and get in his slander before 20 January. Though the silly OLC opinion on the invulnerability of a sitting POTUS would probably not hold up in court, after 20 January there is no doubt he can be sued for slander.

What scared the bejesus out of fox, lou dobbs, newsmax and even oann should scare 45. The last thing he needs is yet another lawsuit, as he will have plenty to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

45 has to spout his bizarre conspiracy theories and get in his slander before 20 January. Though the silly OLC opinion on the invulnerability of a sitting POTUS would probably not hold up in court, after 20 January there is no doubt he can be sued for slander.

What scared the bejesus out of fox, lou dobbs, newsmax and even oann should scare 45. The last thing he needs is yet another lawsuit, as he will have plenty to deal with.

I don't think Trump is worried too much on the ligitation front, considering how many zillions of times he's sued and been sued in his lifetime...

But more to the point, he's also got $200+ million of suckers' money sitting in his campaign accounts now and rising -- more than enough to defend/pay for anything that might come along.  And in all likelihood, whatever results in the end won't cost him a dime personally.

He's happily playing with suckers' money.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Interesting how quickly Fox and NewsMax caved once challenged not even with actual lawsuits, but just threats of them.

But to me, the more interesting issue to watch will be what happens the next time Trump comes out publicly to spout some rubbish related to those two companies... How will Fox and NewsMax handle/report Trump's comments in the wake of their legal surrender.

The president said ..., and mr. Trump states ...., without offering an opinion. They'll refrain from declaring the claims nonsense, and they'll refrain from declaring the claims justified. They'll let Trump do the talking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Granted he's playing with sucker's money, but he is going to face some pretty skilled prosecutors who have been working on cases against him for quite some time. He seems to hire buffoons for his defense team, however.

Ya, my comments about Trump playing with suckers money to avoid any personal financial liability were just in regards to the voting tech company issues...

I wasn't commenting on Trump's potential liability in all the OTHER kinds of cases he might be facing in the future. But still, $200 million is enough to afford a lot of attorneys' fees and pay a lot of settlements using suckers' money.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:12 PM, GrandPapillon said:

The US needs to fix those voting machines, and make it a federal requirement, not a local or state requirement decided by a few elected officials

From an engineers point of view, you don't need to fix something which isn't broken.