Is there anything more frustrating than.....?

2long

1 hour ago, 2long said:

Getting all lubed up and prepared for a moment of XHamster action and the neighbours come knocking delivering food.

I thought you appreciated my deliveries of home-cooked pies and pastries - apparently not!

Next time, hang a sock on the doorknob so that I know you're "occupied".

• Haha 1

Not been able to get a drink on a "religious" holiday.

Or how the Irish bar apparently linked to the Hilton/Central with no walkway can still open, only a few yards away from the main police station in Pattaya when the rest of town is closed.

46 minutes ago, IvorLott said:

Getting (unasked for) 'lessons' in Thai history/culture/language in a bar, from some nylon shirted TEFLer who is in their second week in the country.....

Getting the EXACT same unasked for lesson from someone who has 20 years in country and is still as dumb as the TEFLer who has only  2 weeks in country.   ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pmbkk said:

Or how the Irish bar apparently linked to the Hilton/Central with no walkway can still open, only a few yards away from the main police station in Pattaya when the rest of town is closed.

That would only frustrate you if you owned a bar here and couldn't open the same.   ????

Being 6ft. tall and trying to get a bike my size.

This Week so far.

Cervelo .....no have

Trek .....no have

Giant ....no have

BMC .... no have

Bianchi ....no have

Specialized ....no have

This is in Phuket.

Checked out both Lazada & Shopee ,  nothing  over Medium (56)

Will be heading up to Bangkok next Week to try my luck there.

Brings to mind the Monty Python CheeseShop sketch.

17 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

I've seen some more educated ones who had two DVD's!!!! More GB = more security. 

I guess the more up to date and tech savvy ones, will hang their phone on the back of the cart with the flashlight turned on. 

I have seen kids riding their bikes at night holding their phones as lights.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, natway09 said:

No carts on the fairway 180yards out on the opposite side & the caddy brings you a 7 & 8 Iron

Has to be because there are sand traps and water, or maybe the caddy needs a new set of glasses to see the markers...

Every day I am out on the road either driving my car or my bicycle and after 18 years of living in Thailand there is about the same proportion of those not wearing crash helmets from when I arrived. And yes, I have sat outside in at least six different areas of Thailand and counted (with pencil and paper) for two hours those that have passed me, to arrive at my conclusion.

This is a state of affairs that is more than frustrating!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

Not only in Thailand but everywhere else, Very frustrating when you know you are right and people just don't get it!!:mad:

Why can't people be reasonable and see things my way? 

Why would they?  Everyone is different and has different views. ????

21 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Getting. used to your local supermarket stocking your favorite, western products and then one day  discovering that they have all been discontinued...

The faux cheap Marmite in Big C Pattaya Klang which is nearly identical to the real thing. Hasn't been on the shelves for months now, have to buy the expensive genuine stuff.

22 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Girls in 7/11 counting your change out and handing it to you.

You reach out to get the change and they decide to count it again

You put your hand back down , they then hand you your twice counted change 

You put your hand back out...............and they need to count the change one more time, putting all the notes the same way .

She hands you the change , you put you hand out to get it .

She pulls the money back...............and puts the receipt under the coins 

She then hands you the thrice counted change with all the notes facing the same way and the receipt .

You go to reach for your change for the fifth time.............she suddenly remembers to can get some free stickers with your purchase 

and....she will put the change between the slip and the banknotes.

• Haha 1