Pattaya: Handicapped man selling decorations doesn't want to be a burden on anyone

webfact

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've seen him a few times walking, never begs for money, hope people buy from him. 

Would be better if they sold something people actually wanted though

What could he sell and afford to make? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

going to Pattaya next week, could someone give a better location where he is... I love supporting people that try to work instead of just asking for a handout. 

I don't recognise the photo but I've seen him on Klang, or go to beach road and you'll see 20+ needy people opposite Mike shopping mall and nearer Soi 13/1 by Starbucks 

9 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

People will actually not want what these Folk are trying to sell.

But for me, its not about that, and if I see this Guy I will buy one of his Woven Fish for 100 Baht, then hand the Fish straight back to him for him to resell and possibly make more money from it.

These people are not burdens to anybody, they should be an Inspiration to many Lazy, fully able Thais

What a nice response

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't recognise the photo but I've seen him on Klang, or go to beach road and you'll see 20+ needy people opposite Mike shopping mall and nearer Soi 13/1 by Starbucks 

Looks like a guy I gave money to at the Klang/Soi Yume corner, although at that time didn't appear to be selling anything. 

4 hours ago, Spatiumus said:

What's your point?  Perhaps she shares her talent with other disadvantaged people, perhaps they're family?

We all know beggars can be mafia led, wheeled out in the morning to beg off people and they only get a small proportion of the money raised if any. Anyway you can give generously, let us know once you've donated

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

We all know beggars can be mafia led, wheeled out in the morning to beg off people and they only get a small proportion of the money raised if any. Anyway you can give generously, let us know once you've donated

"We all know beggars can be mafia led..."

You need to read the OP, these people are not beggars.  

"...let us know once you've donated".

Why would anyone with any self-respect broadcast their charitable donations?

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

There's a young girl in a wheelchair on Beach Road who sells homemade key chains and other beaded trinkets...I buy a couple for 100 baht whenever I pass by.

I see her often and wonder if she is subject to the mafia and police actions. 

• Like 1