CCSA offers incentives like visa extension to make up for 14 days lost in quarantine

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

CCSA spokesperson Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said that since December 1, the authorities have been conducting three Covid-19 tests on people under quarantine, instead of two. The previous set up was to test individuals between the third and fifth day and then again between the 11th and 13th day. Under the new system, visitors will be tested on the first day, then between the ninth and 10th day and then again on the 13th or 14th day.

A friend just arrived on December 10 - which according to my calendar came after December 1 - and is only being tested on the 5th and 13th days. I realize that's a sample of only N = 1, but there seems to be some disconnect here.

Private hospitals, which have been contracted to test people in alternative state quarantine (ASQ), have been asking the government for more funds.

Why do they need any Government funds? A substantial portion of each ASQ bill is going to the partnered private hospital, so the cost of testing is paid in full by the traveler, and the costs of treatment or isolation in case of a positive result are paid for from the mandatory $100k insurance.

Meanwhile, tourists who are unable to travel within the time period specified in the certificate of entry (CoE) will be granted an extra 24 hours. If the travel can be completed within 72 hours after the original timeframe, then a new CoE will not be required.

I don't follow this 24/72 thing. Does this mean that you can commence travel up to 24 hours after your originally scheduled departure time and arrive in Thailand up to 72 hours after the scheduled arrival time?

Meanwhile, tourists who arrive on cruise ships and complete their 14-day quarantine on board will be allowed to extend their visa by another 15 days.

I've never heard of any cruise anywhere that stops at a single port for more than two days, and I'm not aware of any cruise ships at all operating at the moment.

The apps will also be linked to smart wristbands

Wristbands that don't currently exist.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Dont expect any opening up until November 2021 at the earliest.   Which means mandatory quarantine until then.

I see British Airways has  just cancelled all Bangkok flights until 1st November 2021.    Thai Airways remains "shut down".........no point them starting up until the country opens up.

November 2021 is the "target" time for mass tourism to "resume".  Until then..................unless you like 14 days (or in time for Chinese New Year  a reduced 10 days) in "prison"...........AVOID.

How do you know all this in such detail?  Or is this yet more unjustified and unexplained speculation? 

1 hour ago, mike1967 said:

BA being the prime example. 

BA seem to have stopped the stupid practice of allowing one to book on flights that are not going to operate! 

They are also now explicitly closing many destinations: roll on reality!

Edited by PGSan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mike1967 said:

Thanks. I guess the problem is, it only takes something very minor to go wrong then the whole process collapses. You get the COE, the 90 day STV, all relevant bookings, Covid insurance and tests from the UK with fit to fly certificate, then the airline changes or cancels your flight, BA being the prime example. I'm stressed just thinking about it.

Unfortunately that beyond anyones control, but you can cut out the STV application from the process, which will give you enough time to get everything in order. I'm sure if your flight goes tits up they will help you at the embassy, but it looks like the whole process is being done online now for COE. Biggest problem with Airline canceling is losing your ASQ booking and money you paid for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jossthaifarang said:

Every one of you moaning about and ridiculing their efforts, just thinking about yourselves. Consider the fact that many younger expat parents (yes we are not all on our last legs) come over her to see their grandchildren at Chrismas, this is good news for them.

Might not make Christmas but It's better than nothing... Take a look at the bigger picture every once in a while guys.

I'd question many. How many do you know?

• Like 1

Reducing quarantine from 14 to 10 days defeats the entire purpose of quarantine. The observation period of 14 days ensures that the subject is disease free over the whole incubation period of the virus. 

It's a bit like trying to get 9 women to have a baby in one month.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Dont expect any opening up until November 2021 at the earliest.   Which means mandatory quarantine until then.

I see British Airways has  just cancelled all Bangkok flights until 1st November 2021.    Thai Airways remains "shut down".........no point them starting up until the country opens up.

November 2021 is the "target" time for mass tourism to "resume".  Until then..................unless you like 14 days (or in time for Chinese New Year  a reduced 10 days) in "prison"...........AVOID.

can you please provide the reference you rely upon re the November 2021 "target"

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, RR2020 said:

Link to BA cancelled flights to Bangkok thanks 

20 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Im holding out to ditch ASQ and insurance and Im in......is like when the cops set up a mbike helmet checkpoint and I stop 100 meters up the road as I spot them and they wait 100 meters waiting for them to snatch me..

Keep throwing rice at the wall and see what sticks....in the end we all know how much we need each other...

I am totally WITH YOU on that one - ready to go ...... when THAT happens!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, smedly said:

They still aren't getting it

It's hard to believe that government ministers running a country can be so delusional 

Most people I know come here for a 2-3 week holiday (mostly 2 week), very few can take 4 weeks and for sure not 6 weeks 

exception being those who are self employed or retired 

"It's hard to believe that government ministers running a country can be so delusional". Remember that the unelected "PM" and his generals are mostly ex soldiers who are trying to run the country by default, and just don't have the brains or education to do otherwise. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

CCSA offers incentives like visa extension to make up for 14 days lost in quarantine

When are they going to get it, you can’t make up 15 days of time. Now if you are going to pay for all the expensive including air travel to get here, then I just might consider. A first class round trip ticket, 5 star hotel in Bangkok for the 15 days, top chef meals like prime steak & lobster, and  the cost for the $100,000 insurance coverage for a years. Yeah, I would consider on these terms Mr/Ms CCSA.  It takes two stupid persons to think the same way. ????????????????????????????????????????????

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The revisions come as the tourism-reliant economy struggles to encourage more domestic activity, but an ongoing travel ban continues to keep most foreign tourists away.

"The entry of tourists will stimulate the economy," Foreign Ministry spokesman, Tanee Sangrat, told Reuters.

What does one have to do with the other FM? Think about this, when there was tourist, the Thais were not  traveling like they are now. They final have a chance to see their country and spend some of that tourist money they claiming they don’t have. So keep on giving them 4 days holidays and telling them tourist will be coming before they spend all their money.  We foreigners can see through that stupidity. ????????????????see????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mike1967 said:

... then the airline changes or cancels your flight, BA being the prime example. I'm stressed just thinking about it.

Not much of an issue if you book a flight with airlines that are actually on the official list  as per here and avoid those selling flights speculatively; BA wasn't on the list and have finally made a commercial decision to delay resuming flights until next November (at the present time).

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

I don't follow this 24/72 thing. Does this mean that you can commence travel up to 24 hours after your originally scheduled departure time and arrive in Thailand up to 72 hours after the scheduled arrival time?

They're basically giving you an extra day of validity for the COE i.e. if for some reason your flight was delayed you could still fly within 48 hours without needing to get a new COE, they're talking increasing it to 72 hours which makes sense as a delay is likely to screw up the timing of your PCR test so now you've a better chance of getting a new one within the timeframe.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Link to BA cancelled flights to Bangkok thanks 

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/british-airways-route-suspensions-2021/

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/ba-halts-sydney-bangkok-flights-to-oct-2021-axes-kuala-lumpur

Edited by Salerno
Typo
  • Like 1