Lockdowns now in four provinces

webfact

5 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

it will never end

and we don't know how long until a new coronovirus is formed, which could wipe out the world's population

Is such a comment really necessary? What is the point spreading alarm and despondency? Why add to peoples misery and worry?

12 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

not sure what you mean by your last sentence, not question. The vaccines that have been in production and testing are for the original strain that swept the world. All the latest outbreaks are mutated strains, and they are reportedly more virulent than the original strain and therefore spread even faster than the original. Yes it may eventually weaken and finish u like the flu etc, but it will be years before that happens according to those scientists involved in identifying the new strains.

I would think that the mutations can occur quite quickly rather than over years. Which direction, weaker or stronger is down to the virus.

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

Precisely. "Few". Most of the shops we are talking about are 7-11's, mom/pops and CP. Surely they can plan their shopping a little better rather than walk in at 2am for a bottle of Johnny Walker...

It's an inconvience for sure but it does make sense to close them no matter what you may think.

Maybe you don't know but you can't buy alcohol at 711's etc after midnight. Mum and pop's are well shut by then.

9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I would think that the mutations can occur quite quickly rather than over years. Which direction, weaker or stronger is down to the virus.

Just watching a live broadcast of the British Commons science and technology committee emergency session on covid 19 and they've mentioned 70 covid19 variants identified so far and the next worrying variant after this current British version is one emerging in South Africa.  

Edited by Farma
clarity
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Not talking about zombies, just saying a deadlier coronavirus could hit us in future, completely separate to the current one 

The present virus is very clever according to the top medical folks. It doesn’t want to kill all its hosts because it would kill itself in the process. So unless a really stupid virus comes along we won’t be seeing the end of the world anytime soon.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

I don't agree with that. C19 is mutating at a much faster rate than any vaccine can be produced and tested, so whatever vaccine they eventually come up with will have zero effect on mutated strains of the virus.

Why?  They are doing well with all mutants so far.  What crystal ball tells you that will change?  Not one the scientists use. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Virt said:

It takes a few days from when you get infected until your body produce enough virus to spread the disease to others, so a region lockdown won't do any good if sick people left the region days ago. 

Test more and test all regions. 

I still think Thailand are in a good shape because no news report of overburdened hospitals which is the best indicator of a large outbreak, but the next 3 weeks will show if they managed to control the spread, since it takes some time until you need hospital care. 

I hope they do, because lockdowns sucks big time for everyone. 

My X-mas holiday started today and I'm off 19 days from work, but I can't do shyiite, because all restaurants and bars are closed in Denmark and we're facing more lockdowns in 2 days. 

Worst X-mas and New year ever. 

I'm just glad I still have a job to go back to, so maybe I shouldn't complain.. 

Here on plague island I am working through. Could have booked a few days off I suppose, but I thought what's the bloody point?

Anyway, enjoy your time off as best as you can.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

No but it makes sense to try and reduce the infection rate by limiting "out of hours" trading.

I agree that it makes sense to limit exposure times where ever possible but at an off hour time quarantine has little affect other than an impression you're doing something but actually giving little impact or affect. Nice optic but not much more than that.  True Testing, quarantining and area lock down for travel are far more effective along with truth in reporting 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Four provinces that are facing the risk of a new wave of Covid-19 infections have officially imposed lockdown measures to keep the coronavirus from spreading.

I can not think how this wave of Covid infections came as any surprise.  Unless you lock down the country, prevent any illegals from entering, and isolate Thailand from the rest of the world, there were be an outbreak from Covid.   Even assuming Thailand could achieve the near impossible goal of eradicating 100% of Covid from within its borders, Then What?  Wait until the rest of the world achieves the same level of zero cases.  I suggest that every country better look to how to exist with Covid rather than the pipe dream that it can be eradicated.  There are vaccines for the Flu but people still get it.  There are vaccines for TB but people still get it and of course there are ways to prevent HIV but people still contract it.  One thing is for sure, locking countries down and decimating the economies is a certainty but totally controlling the virus is like trying to catch smoke.  You can see it, smell it but you can't grab it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Every vaccine can and does have side effects in some people. Generally it's a small %. 

It's just a fact with vaccines and always will be until we get the Star Trek one pill that cures everything.

But  then when we live for hundreds of years as old people things wont work really anyways...     whats that saying "gotta die from something"

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

Only time will tell....... 

I asked about current effects.  Any drug will have some, as yet unknown, side-effects but these will also be very uncommon, that is how cintnuous testing works.  So what are these that you have found? 

Edited by PGSan

4 hours ago, PGSan said:

I asked about current effects.  Any drug will have some, as yet unknown, side-effects but these will also be very uncommon, that is how cintnuous testing works.  So what are these that you have found? 

Well you asked in the right place seeing as how the world's experts in Covid 19 and vaccinations reside here in TVF. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Haha 1