UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

I never quoted Blair as saying 'Boris done good'. Duh

You did say

20 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Even he (Blair) can see that Boris done good.

So how did you reach that strange conclusion from what he does say in the article.?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Where does Blair say it was 'a bad deal'?

Blair didn't; @Chomper Higgot did!

What Blair did say in the article is 

“I would have backed the leader on it. Look, there was a case for abstaining and there was a case for … voting for it because the alternative’s no deal.”

He added: “I don’t think it particularly matters to the Labour party either way. I think what does matter is that we’re still in a position where we’re pointing out what the problems with this deal are.”

The more you post about this article; the more it seems that you've only read the headline!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, candide said:

It was an emergency authorisation.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/medicines-and-healthcare-products-regulatory-agency

What the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency does

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency regulates medicines, medical devices and blood components for transfusion in the UK.

MHRA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department of Health and Social Care.

( OMG. ! ????.... Boris forgot that other nations can also take control on their waters ...... BTW  did he not banned them first out of U.K. waters recently ?.... this  PM is a real  joke ...????????????...)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1379479/brexit-news-fishing-fisheries-boris-johnson-trade-deal-norway-greenland-faroes-eu-uk

Fishing fury: UK boats stuck in harbor after BAN from Norway, Greenland & Faroe waters
BORIS Johnson is failing to safeguard the livelihoods of UK fishermen currently unable to visit seas off the coast of Norway, Greenland and the Faroe Islands because no deals have yet been struck to allow them to do so, a trade organization has warned.

By CIARAN MCGRATH
PUBLISHED: 15:43, Mon, Jan 4, 2021 | UPDATED: 15:43, Mon, Jan 4, 2021

And Hull-based UK Fisheries Ltd fears it could be put out of business completely unless a solution is found in the next few weeks - ultimately costing the industry up to £100million. Mr Johnson unveiled his post-Brexit trade deal on Christmas Eve, with advocates pointing out the agreement guarantees tariff-free trade for goods, and takes the UK out of the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice (ECJ).

However, critics have accused the Prime Minister of caving in when it comes to fishing rights - and UK Fisheries has suggested the problems did not end with access to UK waters either, with distant-waters fishing - referring to boats reliant on catches outside the nation's territorial waters - at risk.

In a blog posted on the company's website, by Sir Barney White-Spunner, chairman of the advisory board of UK Fisheries explained: "The EU deal is done, but for English distant-waters fishing the future is anything but certain.

"Our state-of-the-art freezer trawler Kirkella is tied up in Hull. Right now, we’re not supporting jobs upstream or downstream.

Edited by david555
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

All things that have been dealt with, or have limited impact, or will be dealt with in the coming weeks and months. That's probably why you have trouble finding news reports on them - because they are non-events.

As I said you're still grasping at straws, desperate to find the disaster you predicted. 

OK, how have they been, or soon will be, dealt with?

Are you really saying that the loss of much cross border cooperation on crime fighting, security, counter terrorism etc. will have limited impact and is a non event?

Are you really that desperate to convince yourself that Brexit is a good thing?

BTW, I had no trouble finding news reports on any of this, there's plenty; but I preferred more official sources such as the UK Parliament!

That you couldn't be arsed to find out what the EIEM and SIS are for yourself is your problem, not mine.

I'll be afk for the next few days, so you've plenty of time to try and come up with some sort of sensible reply to my questions.

Unless you can't and so bottle it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Brexit is done, finished, we move on. Our waters are back under our control in 5 years time. You should stop worrying about us British and picking holes in an agreement that the UK and the EU was praying for..

May I suggest you start worrying about the rifts going on inside the EU now we are gone.......:thumbsup:

May i remark they are not worried about  .... they are just laughing big at your fantastic "Boris made deal" .....????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

They are not back under control in 5 years - it will just continue as at the end of the 5 years - I know Johnson said otherwise, but he's both an idiot and a liar  , so you'll need to decide if he was being stupid or mendacious.

Anyway, what's the point of having all that fish if you have no market to sell it to ?  

Do you think the UK will be in any better bargaining position in 5 years ???

Do you......?

PS. Stop worrying.....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Your lot are smiling at the deal, as they would have been in serious trouble without it..........????

Yes the EU did very well out of the deal, the UK not so much ......

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Your lot are smiling at the deal, as they would have been in serious trouble without it..........????

The laughing part is about the part of the deal you got ......we are satisfied with what we could obtained ....????  

i am curious about the implications  of the financials who are not in your part of the deal ....????

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

The laughing part is about the part of the deal you got ......we are satisfied with what we could obtained ....????  

i am curious about the implication  of the financial who are not in your part of the deal ....????

Another foreigner that is worrying about the UK's future, and worrying about money as usual, even if it's not yours......????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1