Thailand to launch first moon mission

rooster59

1 minute ago, nrasmussen said:

I guess it's a typo and the 11 km/h and 2 km/h are supposed to be references to the escape velocities of Earth and Moon, respectively, so the correct unit would be km/s.

Exactly that...  It’s extremely obvious to anyone with a brain that this is what is meant. 

However, understanding and accepting the ‘minor’ mistake does not lend to a solid Thai Bashing !!! 

More to the point though, who proof reads these articles ?

• Like 2

"The spacecraft will travel at 11 kilometres per hour to the moon, before slowing to enter lunar orbit at 2kph." 

They better start working on this project. At the rate of 11 km per hour,  the journey itself would take 4 years if using the very shortest route.

The new parlement house which was started in 2013 and supposed to be completed in 900 days - later 1,000 days - is now (Dec 2020) still ready.  

Clearly it would be more appropriate for ThaiVisa to classify this sort of news in the Entertainment section. hahaha.

And therefore, again, I had to LOL and remember this song: 

16 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Xenon Ion Thruster.    Okay once you are in interplanetary space.  But they will need chemical rockets to get up there first, and to boost out of Earth Orbit. 

Sure, but plenty of commercial launch vehicles available to take care of that.

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Minister Anek Laothamatas announced on Thursday that Thailand will produce high-tech satellites in four years, before advancing to build a spaceship with a weight of 300 kilograms for a mission to the moon.

For what purpose?

6 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

"The spacecraft will travel at 11 kilometres per hour to the moon" 

Earth to moon distance approximately 384,400 km. Do the math, that's about 35,000 hours or 1,458 days or 4 years *one way*. Hope they have room for all that sticky rice and naam plao. What a fa*rking joke, a country which can't even keep millions of drunks off the roads or supply reliable electricity and internet to all its citizens proposes to pull off this pie-in-the-sky hi-tech publicity stunt. 555 very funny ???? 

I was thinking about the same but also i think it will be unmanned a spacecraft of just 300kg i geuss is not carrying any people . 

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Priceless. I love all these Asian Space programmes, Billions spent while the poor stay poor, and largely uneducated,  and the rich get richer, but are still uneducated. If their military flying is anything to go by, they will miss the Moon by miles. 

A bit like USA then?

• Like 1