Millions of Americans lose jobless benefits as Trump refuses to sign aid bill

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

For someone who claims to be smart with the law, you've totally missed this one.

Plus, if it's not signed soon, it goes away.  Millions lose benefits, the government shuts down, etc.  Trump took full responsibility for the last shut down, let's see if he mans up on this one. But I doubt it.

The government that governs best is one that governs least; now if there was only a way to keep it shut down. Most of the federal administrative state and its alphabet of agencies is illegal...Congress doesn't have the right to delegate its lawmaking duties to unaccountable agencies and their bureaucratic minions. 

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Sure. Did you read the title of this thread. Let me remind you: Millions of Americans lose jobless benefits as Trump refuses to sign aid bill. 

Ya think those millions agree with you?

I don't care what "millions" of Americans think...I want my 2k!

5 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

as opposed to all of those fake Americans out there who need money now...and please educate us, how is this "draining the D.C. swamp"....

The hundreds of billions of dollars in the bill for items completely unrelated to the coronavirus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The hundreds of billions of dollars in the bill for items completely unrelated to the coronavirus.

Trump doubles down $2,000 coronavirus check demand

On the other side of the aisle, one of the president's frequent defenders, retiring GOP Rep. Peter King of New York wrote a lengthy Facebook post explaining that the line items in the bill objected to by the president were "specifically requested by the Trump administration."

"You got that -- every item," King wrote. "That includes aid to Egypt, Pakistan, Burma, Sudan and Central America, and funding for the Smithsonian."

Trump doubles down $2,000 coronavirus check demand | Fox News

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Most of us would call them millions of fellow Americans. But it takes a Trumplike sense of selfishness to consign them to economic disaster for the sake of an extra $1400 per person. Trump has his mini-me in you.

Who said they weren't fellow Americans...I said I don't care what they think. I mean just look at them, they just elected Joe Biden president.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Trump doubles down $2,000 coronavirus check demand

On the other side of the aisle, one of the president's frequent defenders, retiring GOP Rep. Peter King of New York wrote a lengthy Facebook post explaining that the line items in the bill objected to by the president were "specifically requested by the Trump administration."

"You got that -- every item," King wrote. "That includes aid to Egypt, Pakistan, Burma, Sudan and Central America, and funding for the Smithsonian."

Trump doubles down $2,000 coronavirus check demand | Fox News

I'm pretty sure you weren't posting Peter King quotes all over TV when he was calling the Mueller investigation and the Democrat impeachment hearings a farce. Funny that.

8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's not a matter of what they think. It's what's going to happen to them. But finally you acknowledge that Joe Biden was elected to be president. A rare concession on your part to Reality.

Can you find a single post on TV wherein I said Joe Biden isn't the President Elect?

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Maybe you should learn about how atrocious Trump's incompetence was before you start assigning the blame elsewhere:

The Inside Story About How Trump's Denial, Mismanagement, and Magical Thinking led to the Pandemic's Dark Winter:

How Trump’s denial and mismanagement led to the covid pandemic’s dark winter - Washington Post

1. I did no say that China made the disease.  They mismanaged it, hid the evidence (even from the WHO) and the severity of it which led to world wide responses being totally different than to what it would have been if China had not been dishonest.

2. You cannot blame Trump for every country on the planet that has been effected by what the Chinese deliberately hid can you? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1