Tourism Restarting?

3 hours ago, Nout said:

Can you clarify this please? 'don't care to waste' is difficult to understand and what is a '270 day visa'? And why focus on Russians? Surely many people wish to spend winter in a warm place? Thanks for your clarification.

New special tourist visa gives 90 days and can be extended twice. No need to be a russian, everyone can apply this.

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Yes but surely the number of guests would be based on the number of medical staff available, most of the ASQ Hotels can accommodate hundreds of customers ?

I know of three near me in Pattaya. The largest and one of the first to open has at least 200 rooms. I have seen others that seem to have about 50 rooms. I have heard there are about 11 such places in Pattaya. However, I am not speaking with informed authority and am willing to be corrected.

On 12/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, CanadaSam said:

My guess is that there will be tourists willing to be locked up (expensively) for a couple of weeks, just to enjoy a couple weeks (or longer) holiday in Thailand!

if the quarantine is 7 days, i am ok. i will apply for a visa. but 14 days is too much. for me 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 3:11 PM, thaitero said:

Because of covid Many companies allow do your work from home so some may relocate to Thailand for a while..

Are they tourists or not, up to everyone to say,, STV is called special touristvisa so...

but the same companies may not allow u to travel overseas to "work from home". if anyone wants to do this, get a confirmation from your HR dept on an email. 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for update on your personal preferences. Clearly you most likely will not visit Thailand any time soon..

let me tell u something here. The only time i was a real/genuine tourist was my first visit. All subsequent visits were to meet some girl. I know thais wouldnt see me as a real tourist . I never did things tourists do , Not interested in sightseeing, not interested in wasting money buying some handicraft. 

I rather chose to help single mothers working in bars. or some freelancers ofc. 

About my next visit, i think the ASQ is heavily priced. It is not about I can afford or not. I just feel it is heavily priced. Also there are no regular flights to bangkok  from my country. The ones i saw were repatriation flights and its a complex procedure to book a seat.

Also I have no idea if the local thai consulate is issuing SETV or not. 

but if the flight booking is easy ( app/website based), setv is being issued, i will consider. but again 14 days quarantine is what bothers me. 

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

but if the flight booking is easy ( app/website based), setv is being issued, i will consider. but again 14 days quarantine is what bothers me. 

Visa exempt entries have been approved and from Dec 22 announced that they will be given 45 day permission of stay. 

The 14 day issue for you is possibly down to wanting to return to Thailand for holiday or whatever.

I suggest that the majority of folk prepared to put up with 15 day quarantine are returning to be with family rather than trip to soi 4 or Pattaya.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

let me tell u something here. The only time i was a real/genuine tourist was my first visit. All subsequent visits were to meet some girl. I know thais wouldnt see me as a real tourist . I never did things tourists do , Not interested in sightseeing, not interested in wasting money buying some handicraft. 

I rather chose to help single mothers working in bars. or some freelancers ofc. 

About my next visit, i think the ASQ is heavily priced. It is not about I can afford or not. I just feel it is heavily priced. Also there are no regular flights to bangkok  from my country. The ones i saw were repatriation flights and its a complex procedure to book a seat.

Also I have no idea if the local thai consulate is issuing SETV or not. 

Actually I think you just described the typical male tourist in Thailand... No elephant trekking , just likes to help single mothers in bars. I think most of the returnees have deeper ties to the country than that, wives, gfs, homes, families, and are here for the long-stay. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Visa exempt entries have been approved and from Dec 22 announced that they will be given 45 day permission of stay. 

The 14 day issue for you is possibly down to wanting to return to Thailand for holiday or whatever.

I suggest that the majority of folk prepared to put up with 15 day quarantine are returning to be with family rather than trip to soi 4 or Pattaya.

1. I do not come from a VE country. It used to be  a 15 day VOA but that has been suspended. 

2.  The whole point of the thailand trip is to meet my girlfriend. I won't be allowed to visit soi 4 /pattaya . I am only allowed to go to these places if she is with me. I do not want any problems with her. Already had many troubles regarding other women before. 

I am only allowed to stay in her village now. If i go to Thailand then she will pick me from bangkok ASQ hotel and drive me to a village with a name i cannot even write on a paper. ????????????????

2 hours ago, Mai mee said:

Actually I think you just described the typical male tourist in Thailand... No elephant trekking , just likes to help single mothers in bars. I think most of the returnees have deeper ties to the country than that, wives, gfs, homes, families, and are here for the long-stay. 

First visit was a typical tourist. many years ago. I was honestly going to find a taxi to take me to floating market. But instead i ended up floating in love of amazing woman I met outside my hotel. ????????

Since then there has not been a trip I could say would be a genuine tour trip. It has always been some woman whose charms made me fly to bangkok. 

But after finding this current girl, my trips were frequent. 

Even if i manage to get an SETV , i would stay around 30-40 days. I dont feel at home when I am in Thailand. May be thats because I dont have a real wife or a real family in LOS. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is what is required in relation to Covid I expect!

Well since we are talking let me bring my points here:-

1. RT PCR is highly sensitive test. Even a miniscule of infection will turn out positive. 

2. If someone is found negative on the day of arrival it clearly means they don't have the virus( most cases).

3. The 14 day quarantine is beyond my comprehension. Whatever incubation day they seem to be proposing, let me tell you that 14 day quarantine is an industry standard and in some viruses  21/28 days is also recommended. 

4. There were some cases where the onset of symptoms after 11 days or so. 

https://www.breakthroughs.com/foundations-science/14-Day-Quarantine-Incubation-Period

But then they were focussing on symptoms. But a lot of people don't have any symptoms and are getting virus free by themselves. The don't even know they had the virus. Here is when an RT PCR comes in picture. 

Thailand is doing industry standard of 14 day quarantine IMO. 

This helps some hotels get business also. 

Now, IMO there is no harm in reducing it to 7 days, one RT PCR on arrival , one on day 6.  But thailand is not focussing on real tourists.  They want those people who have "genuine ties" to Thailand. 

Note: It all started with an older lady getting sick . Then the family, then the market, then the blame was put on poor burmese. Otherwise Thailand was covid free and its only dirty foreigners who were bringing in the virus. 

16 hours ago, Nout said:

I know of three near me in Pattaya. The largest and one of the first to open has at least 200 rooms. I have seen others that seem to have about 50 rooms. I have heard there are about 11 such places in Pattaya. However, I am not speaking with informed authority and am willing to be corrected.

There are 13 in Chonburi province, mostly in or around Pattaya.  Smallest has 60 rooms, largest 300, total 1,512.

The "smallest" at 60 rooms is the Siam Bayshore which actually has 270 rooms and appears to be taking bookings from the public so presumably has the means to keep the two groups separate.

1 hour ago, nchuckle said:

I just got out of quarantine there and have to say I was very pleased with it . Food very good,bed and fittings high quality and staff very efficient right from the booking stage. It’s where British airways put up their staff and I even got a discount and room upgrade for mentioning id stayed there previously under that concession. Ok,no windows to open or balcony but great views 28 floors above smog in Bangkok. I  paid 47,500 for Urban room.

Theyve got a reasonable cancellation policy too. One guy I met had his flight canceled on day he was to arrive and they let him change his booking without charge. Marriot group hotel.

Yes agree with your thread completely, I'm on day 8 here, no complaints............. and cashing in on Marriott points as well !!!! 

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Dirty foreigners like the Thai party girls who skipped back across the border after working in a “hotel” . I’m sure the woman from the market who seemingly infected loads of people or was the main starting point for a outbreak may have caught it from a dirty foreigner . Probably one she employs !

If you look at most of the figures of people testing positive in ASQ you will see they are mostly Thai ! Non Thais all have to have a negative PCR test before getting on a plane into the country, unlike Thais . Mostly coming from the Middle East . Dirty foreigners ????

Dirty foreigners is a term used in this forum just for fun multiple times. I never meant any disrespect for anyone. 

I agree about the middle east part. i have seen pics of returning thais shared by thai embassies and one common thing was that most returnees were young women.

Saw some pics from my country's airport too. Most of them young women. May be they were in my country to help make a vaccine . because afaik there is no prostitution in thailand and thai women are the most moral women in the world. 

Edited by lovethai123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Yes agree with your thread completely, I'm on day 8 here, no complaints............. and cashing in on Marriott points as well !!!! 

dear @CANSIAM

may i take the liberty to ask if you are  a genuine tourist in LOS or you have business/family in Thailand.

Just wondering if someone with no financial/family  ties to thailand is visiting or not?

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Government guidelines state you can’t share an ASQ room unless you are married, moral standards must be on the increase in Thailand. Some of the ASQ Hotels categorically said no with out a marriage certificate others not a problem.

One of the ones who refused asked me to identify the hotels who were accepting unmarried couples as they were operating unlawfully.

They are probably only doing it so they can have couples stay in separate rooms and make double money. Anyways this rule doesn't matter much because not many people will visit with their wives in these situations unless both live in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yip I can’t understand why Dubai is on the uk travel corridor when loads of people flying out of there or the area are showing positive in Thai ASQ . Also after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix there were something like 13 Thai women returned from there on one day and 8 were positive . I’m guessing they were massagers for people at the race weekend ! ????

I read in a Dutch news paper that Dubai is going to issue a new type of visa,one for retirees to spend the winter there.That 800,000 Baht will of course be $us.As a Snowbird by the time it's possible to get back to Thailand the European winter will be well over,I'm only hoping that I can get there February 2022,not actually planning you understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2020 at 1:59 AM, Rhacsyn said:

Why be so cynical? I know of tourists from Denmark  Belgium and UK just finishing their quarantine and, of course, volunteered to do so. After they will have the freedom of Thailand and they are a mix of singles and couples. Please just accept we are happy to be coming back and at this moment in time we accept the hurdles and accept getting away from out troubles homelands. I am half way through my quarantine and will soon be there....

you'll be out just in time for lockdown mate, hope you've got a nice villa waiting!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lovethai123 said:

dear @CANSIAM

may i take the liberty to ask if you are  a genuine tourist in LOS or you have business/family in Thailand.

Just wondering if someone with no financial/family  ties to thailand is visiting or not?

Renting here for years with a very comfortable bank balance as well, ( my ties ). 

• Thanks 1