Is most Thai girls like this?

Zagor

On 12/27/2020 at 7:11 AM, Zagor said:

I don't know if it's up to me or pure coincidence, but all the Thai girls / women I met had the traits listed below. Age from 18 to 60, different occupational profiles. Interestingly, Thai girls in America and Europe, whether pure Thai or semi-Thai, have the same characteristics. What I am talking about is the following:
- gold digger
- low self-confidence and self-esteem
- propensity to cheat
- selfishness
- laziness

- the need for others to take care of her
- no interest in professional work.

Is it possible to find a Thai girl, but with opposite traits?

Sounds like you're just picking bad women.

gold digger

Most young Thai women are not gold diggers. In older generations this was a part of the culture in the Nth and NE though so if you're going for older women or women who are overly influenced by their parents you might expect some level of gold digging.

low self-confidence and self-esteem

I think you're mistakening humility for this - that's a part of the culture.

Either that or you're comparing them to arrogant western women. I can't say I want that in a woman.

propensity to cheat

That's all women, treat them right and they'll be loyal.

selfishness

Thai cultural norms around this are a bit different to western norms. They value emotional responses more than rational ideals of fairness. So if you feel Thai girls are selfish towards you, it means you don't show enough emotion. If you want them to consider your interests more, channel your inner ladyboy and be more dramatic, otherwise just learn to live with it.

laziness

I've met a lot of farangs with lazy Thai partners but this is easy to fix. Thai people, like most people, are lazy if they can be. Don't tolerate laziness and they won't be lazy.

the need for others to take care of her

This is a part of Thai society, everyone takes care of each other. From the motorbike who blindly cuts in front of you expecting you not to knock him down to the random strangers who help to push your car when you run out of fuel. Western notions of independence aren't strong here.

No interest in professional work

If you want to date a professional then date a professional. Don't date a 7-11 worker and try to change her.

Yes, plenty around, but given your age range I suspect you're old so they just won't be interested in you.

Edited by wprime
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Wisdom comes with age, but by them we are old and fat.....Carry On Gents--Keep up the good fight!

I try to throw in a little wisdom here and there as Im thinking of the next snarky comment ????

well,  i for one ain't fat  ....  but wise I am.   tell ya something though,   actually the wiser i get the more ridiculous

everyone else appears .     sitting in traffic jams most of their prime years and worshipping the consumer goods

that promise to make life just sooooooooooo amazing.

ahhh,  maybe ignorance is bliss.    certainly some on TV seem to have attained it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, tonray said:

Just to add, as anyone who has lived in Thailand for any reasonable length of time can tell you, Thai women are the backbone of labor in this country. Most work incredibly long hours, whether in a professional occupation or not, many commute long distances to maintain a job to help their parents, family. 

Riding the songthaew to work each early morning, just before sunrise, I can tell you they're packed with 90% women. Uniforms for supermarkets or factories, 7-11s, cleaning ladies, chef's uniforms, carrying bags of stuff to sell at markets or food stalls. Very hard workers, from younger to later ages. Dedicated to their families. As is my wife. Previously employed in restaurants and hotels, she's now been making and delivering box lunches from our condo.

We're now upcountry visiting the fam over the holiday, and she's been going nuts cleaning their house. After a few more years of this she'd like to work retail back in the US, where she could send back a lot more than the avg 400 baht a day. That's her and I believe many Thai women's primary motivation, caring for the fam.

That said, she's told me the stories she's heard growing up in the village, of the ladies who once worked in a BKK or Patts bar, snagged a farang sponsor, then came back to the village to live off his monthly allowance. She said everyone knew who they were, and each month as the money came in, it'd be drank and gambled away. It got to the point they were asking for more money, then borrowing against the allowance in advance, for more drinking and gambling, until they got in trouble with loan sharks, cops, and lost everything. Fortunately these sorts of ladies are quite in the minority, and their cautionary tales serve to motivate the admirable work ethic of the majority, my wife tells me.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nout said:

Dansat  in Loei is a centre for spirit mediums and their main gathering is the Ghost Mask festival in June.

The other area for spirit mediums are the Mah Sings who channel the dead and other spirits, enter trance states, walk on fire self pierce etc. The are a feature of the 9 God's festival every year in Phuket town.

And of course The Yak Sant tattoo festival

I attend all such festivals most of which were canceled recently due to covid.

Interesting stuff, thanks!

8 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Wisdom comes with age, but by them we are old and fat.....Carry On Gents--Keep up the good fight!

I try to throw in a little wisdom here and there as Im thinking of the next snarky comment ????

"a little wisdom" = mission complete...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, rumak said:

well,  i for one ain't fat  ....  but wise I am.   tell ya something though,   actually the wiser i get the more ridiculous

everyone else appears .     sitting in traffic jams most of their prime years and worshipping the consumer goods

that promise to make life just sooooooooooo amazing.

ahhh,  maybe ignorance is bliss.    certainly some on TV seem to have attained it.  

I have thought the same things as I snake thru traffic in CM on my bicycle, oh the price of status in LOS...

Ive always been a function over fashion kind of guy..my old 95 Honda dream...still rides likes a .......Dream...

• Like 1

I don't know if it's up to me or pure coincidence, but all the Thai girls / women I met had the traits listed below. Age from 18 to 60, different occupational profiles. Interestingly, Thai girls in America and Europe, whether pure Thai or semi-Thai, have the same characteristics. What I am talking about is the following:
- gold digger
- propensity to cheat
- selfishness
- laziness

Mine is not, she takes care of everyone and is a hard worker. 

• Like 2

- gold digger
- propensity to cheat
- selfishness
- laziness

Would you mind to post a photo of yours?

Then it's much easier to answer why certain things are as they are.

I'm certain that many members here will help you finding the right partner with the opposite traits. 

- gold digger
- propensity to cheat
- selfishness
- laziness

So you have trialed the whole gamut 18 - 60? Who needs some phycological profiling here? How many of the 60 year old Lady's did you <deleted>? ????.  Seriously,  you are obviously choosing your product from the bargain basement or just too stupid to realise that it may be just you. I have met many, many Thai ladies, none of whom have any of the negative type traits that you have listed. Sort out a new demographic for your survey. 

Hard to believe that in a country where foreign males have so many choices, so many men cannot seem to choose a good one.

Maybe the problem is them?

To move 10,000 miles away from your home and get divorced or dusted up by a Thai woman?

You can only blame yourself for being that stupid.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Catkiwi said:

So you have trialed the whole gamut 18 - 60? Who needs some phycological profiling here? How many of the 60 year old Lady's did you <deleted>? ????.  Seriously,  you are obviously choosing your product from the bargain basement or just too stupid to realise that it may be just you. I have met many, many Thai ladies, none of whom have any of the negative type traits that you have listed. Sort out a new demographic for your survey. 

Didn't you think that 18-60 isn't all my personal experiences but someone else’s experiences I've had a chance to see or are you stupid so you think I’m stretching 60 year old women?????

17 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Hard to believe that in a country where foreign males have so many choices, so many men cannot seem to choose a good one.

Maybe the problem is them?

To move 10,000 miles away from your home and get divorced or dusted up by a Thai woman?

You can only blame yourself for being that stupid.

Who talked about divorce? But, yes, that would be too naive.

3 hours ago, Zagor said:

Didn't you think that 18-60 isn't all my personal experiences but someone else’s experiences I've had a chance to see or are you stupid so you think I’m stretching 60 year old women?????

"I don't know if it's up to me or pure coincidence, but all the Thai girls / women I met had the traits listed below".

Your words, not mine, don't try to worm your way out of making that all about your experiences. I also doubt you would be able to stretch anything, let alone an old women ????

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

"I don't know if it's up to me or pure coincidence, but all the Thai girls / women I met had the traits listed below".

Your words, not mine, don't try to worm your way out of making that all about your experiences. I also doubt you would be able to stretch anything, let alone an old women ????

Meeting someone does not mean being with someone.

43 minutes ago, Zagor said:

Meeting someone does not mean being with someone.

If you have trouble finding and meeting a decent woman in Thailand, honestly you need to question yourself?

Many on this forum married over 20 years is evidence they are out there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If you have trouble finding and meeting a decent woman in Thailand, honestly you need to question yourself?

Many on this forum married over 20 years is evidence they are out there.

It’s not a problem to find in a general sense, but what I’m looking for is. I don’t think there’s a problem in me, but I just haven’t found what I’m looking for. How many are married to those who have a college degree and can support themselves? I am looking for someone equal to myself from the economic situation. I’m also looking for some more human qualities in a woman, the same thing I offer. I am not looking for children aged 17-18. I prefer 25 to 35.

16 minutes ago, Zagor said:

It’s not a problem to find in a general sense, but what I’m looking for is. I don’t think there’s a problem in me, but I just haven’t found what I’m looking for. How many are married to those who have a college degree and can support themselves? I am looking for someone equal to myself from the economic situation. I’m also looking for some more human qualities in a woman, the same thing I offer. I am not looking for children aged 17-18. I prefer 25 to 35.

Average monthly wage in Thailand circa 15k baht, a guy who is earning well is surely expected to contribute a little more

I suggest along with all the other foreigners looking for financial parity, you look elsewhere, or accept that things are a little different in a country where the majority of women are on a relatively low wage, and those that are not, have very high expectations of a future husband, maybe even more so than their lower paid sisters ????

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zagor said:

I am, for one - Uni degreed..... 17 years in a major company, with her own townhouse & car....

Grew up on a farm & only allowed 2 pencils at a time growing up....Her Uni study group of 12 have all gone on to become successful....

They are out there - many of them....

• Like 1