Interior Ministry to propose Cabinet issue Pink Card for illegal migrant workers

rooster59

Interior Ministry to propose Cabinet issue Pink Card for illegal migrant workers

supawadee wangsri

efb4e71a98f43fcb52efed97e7a9672c_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of the Interior is to propose that Cabinet issue temporary work permits (Pink Cards) to illegal migrant workers next week, as many are afraid of being arrested, while some were recently left stranded by their employer in Samut Prakan.

Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda said today that many sectors will be involved in the operation especially the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Labor and the Ministry of Public Health to allow migrant workers to stay and work in Thailand legally. The procedure has to include COVID-19 testing first for safety. It is expected that the Ministry of Labor, as a host, will collect proposals and procedures from each agency and submit them to the Cabinet next week. Meanwhile, each factory has been instructed to nominate migrant workers who will be registered as a preliminary step, and not to remove migrant workers.

As for prosecution of those involved in the illegal migrant worker smuggling process, Prime Minister and Defense Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said a special investigative committee has been set up and Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has been assigned to be responsible for its inquiries. The officials have already conducted an investigation but still did not identify the person behind the movement.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-12-27

5 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Meanwhile, each factory has been instructed to nominate migrant workers who will be registered as a preliminary step, and not to remove migrant workers.

This will be a first, as in the past they have deported the illegals back to their countries.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The Ministry of the Interior is to propose that Cabinet issue temporary work permits (Pink Cards) to illegal migrant workers next week,

Apart from being classed as an alien by Immigration, because I have a Pink Card issued by the Ampere does that mean I'm also going to be classed as an Illegal Migrant Worker.

4 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

What is the fasination with coloured cards for illegal activities. Red and yellow cards for elections, now pink cards for immigration. Its almost as if they believe it sounds intelligent ?

A Pink Non-Immigrant ID card is what they are talking about much like the ones we foreigners can obtain when we also have a Yellow Tabien Ban.  For the migrant workers it identifies them as well as can have a work permit attached to it in writing on the back side.

Goodness me. Does that mean they then become legal migrant workers? 

How does one go about getting one of these pink cards? I think I would like to become a legal illegal migrant. Must be cheaper than 800,000 baht stuck in a bank doing <deleted> all, or 65,000 a month and 1900 baht a year for a renewal, plus health insurance....plus plus p!us...