U.S. government heads toward chaotic end to 2020 as Trump fights Congress

webfact

McConnell issued a statement after the signing that's silent on the issue of support for any further/additional relief:

https://www.republicanleader.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/mcconnell-applauds-president-trump-for-signing-crucial-relief-legislation-into-law

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Doesn’t that depend on the outcome of the Georgia senatorial election?  Certainly uncle Joe would look like a hero for doing as you suggest

not at all.  pelosi will bring it to vote this week.  any republicans desiring re-election in the future will vote for increasing the check size in a stand-alone bill.  will be difficult to add poison pork pills after they complained about all the irrelevant items added to the last bill.

congress does the work, the president merely takes credit.  if the checks are sent after inauguration, probably a certainty now due to trump's latest tantrum, joe will sign the checks and take credit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

not at all.  pelosi will bring it to vote this week.  any republicans desiring re-election in the future will vote for increasing the check size in a stand-alone bill.  will be difficult to add poison pork pills after they complained about all the irrelevant items added to the last bill.

congress does the work, the president merely takes credit.  if the checks are sent after inauguration, probably a certainty now due to trump's latest tantrum, joe will sign the checks and take credit.

Well certainly a good outcome if that is what transpires.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

As has been attested to by Congressman Peter King, a stainch supporter of Trump, the foreign aid provisions csme fo the Trump administration. As did the provision for making the 3 martini lunch 100% tax deductible for businesses.

Sure, perhaps the provisions are from the current administration.  Truth in politics is difficult to find.  Trump certainly will be an entertaining scape goat.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not "perhaps"....  ARE....

Screenshot_1.jpg.6f3cb1321d21056a97e7c18ba154b6bc.jpg

To the extent that may be true, the chief reason these days would be that Trump has buried the "truth" on any multitude of subjects under mountains of lies.

His above hypocritical complaints on federal budget allocations being just the latest exhibit on a very LONG list.

but, but, but............looking at the data, we find although a bit of cash was moved between target countries, the overall bill amounts going to foreign countries was LOWER than the administration requested.  and 100 million less for the smithsonian and less on the art museum?

i'm gonna havta call shenanigans.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

but, but, but............looking at the data, we find although a bit of cash was moved between target countries, the overall bill amounts going to foreign countries was LOWER than the administration requested.

i'm gonna havta call shenanigans.

but, but, but....Pelosi put all that pork in there.  Blame her and the rest of the dems!!!  :cheesy::jap:

38 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

should expect some delays, they may have to print new ones as the old ones had Trump name on them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sujo said:

Looks like trump supporters are waiting for the talkng points before posting.

Yes The Mother Ship....er....Fox Opinion...has not been given Trump's playbook (or script..however you want to look at it) on how to make Trump sound like he is The Benevolent One for getting his crayon out and printing his name on the piece of paper they had to deliver to him at the 19th Hole Bar and Grill.

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

That would be political suicide for some.  No guarantee they'd vote to overturn a veto...for the first time in his presidency.

Political suicide would be not getting the people their money and benefits while covid rages all around them...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

She also called on Trump to urge Republicans to end their obstruction and to support the $2000 direct payments proposal Trump made last week -- but I suspect the response will be.... crickets.

No it will be the sound of endless tee shots being shanked into the rough, the drink and the deep sand and childish bellowing at secret service agents to strategically position the presidential ball on the green for a 3 foot uphill putt (and Special Agent? Kick that alligator while your at it.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

ohmygosh!

i certainly hope it doesn't affect his lifetime salary, his lifetime full-service medical care, his lifetime secret service protection, his lifetime of security details paying to stay at his hotels and rent his golf carts.....

maga, baby, maga!

Trump will get the same benefits all former presidents get.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

If I'm in Georgia and someone told me the only thing standing between a $600 check and a $2000 check is voting for two Republican senators that will support Mitch McConnell, who thinks the $600 is coddling people, then I would vote the two Republicans out asap.

Maybe you would. But as the elections show, there are a lot of people who support Trump despite the fact that they're voting against their economic interests.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Maybe you would. But as the elections show, there are a lot of people who support Trump despite the fact that they're voting against their economic interests.

As you know, GA has done a great job with regards to voter suppression.  Keeping minorities from voting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The latest example of Trump's war on the working class: the Dept. of Labor just passed a rule allowing doing away with the time limit timmped employees, such as waiters could be compelled to do the kind of work for which they wouldn't be tipped. In other words, Mar y Lago's dining facilities just got workers to work for sub-minimum wages..

And how about the time during the pandemic when the Trump administration got it passed that employers, such as slaughterhouses, couldn't be held liable if their employees got sick. Of course, that meant that employees couldn't get unemployment if they chose not to put themselves in danger. They were just dying to work.

Why bring Mar a largo into it?

You think Trump is making decisions for the country based on his service staff costs. 

Try thinking of the bigger picture.

Anyways, so long as you are bashing Trump you are happy at least.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I read somewhere the $600/month is for anyone with annual income less than $75,000...!? I thought the help needs to go to people who are effected by covid19 situation, lost job or income due to that or somewhat effected by it, what would just anyone who has $75k income already (or $6250/month) should receive this money...!?

I'm sure I'm missing something but is that correct...!? ????

• Like 1