Foreigners who have been vaccinated still need to quarantine

snoop1130

17 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Thailand wait AstraZeneca vaccine get approval, coz Thailand can make that them self and it is cheap!

Yes that is fact that no tourist come there if need to go ASQ. Even im not coming back if have that sht! And i have 1 house and 1 apartment there + wife lol.

Australia just purchased millions of doses of that vaccine. It is even said, Astra Zeneca with 3 jabs is 100% protection. 

17 hours ago, Eibot said:

I find it very reasonable. There is no evidence (as of yet) that vaccinated people cannot spread the virus to other (unvaccinated) people.. Until that proof is shown, it would be wise to keep the quarantine in place. Hence Thailand needs to get moving to get vaccination going here to get some sort of herd immunity. Once this has established (or partly) the quarantine can be lifted. 

The government is more worried about controlling its masses with endless SOE.  

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Disease Control Department, said the Covid-19 vaccines are still new and their effectiveness have still not been determined. He added that it still too early to say whether an inoculated person can be considered safe enough to travel.

Absolute BS. There is plenty of research and data from the clinical trials that show, that those who have been vaccinated are not only protected from the virus they also don't spread it as the antibodies and T-cells kill it or at the very minimum reduce the viral load.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

LOL, I honestly cannot believe the stupidity here, some people obviously only read the headline and not the whole article where it clearly says:

"Patients don't immediately develop COVID-19 protection after being vaccinated.

"We know from the vaccine clinical trials that it’s going to take about 10 to 14 days for you to start to develop protection from the vaccine," Ramers said.

Even after those 10 to 14 days, patients still need a second vaccine dose for full protection. "That first dose we think gives you somewhere around 50%, and you need that second dose to get up to 95%," Ramers added."

Most vaccines state that it takes 3 to 6 weeks to develop full protection 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bkktodd said:

At least if im vaccinated in the Usa with Moderna @96 % effectiveness i wont get infected by some thai on the airplane or in “so so covid free LOS”

but LOS is not Covid Free. It is spreading again around the country and has only started again. Wait until the New Year travellers return and let’s see the results of that. I would be surprised if entry restrictions and conditions are not tightened rather than relaxed in a short while as the number of cases increase. 

Edited by terryofcrete

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

Doesnt suprise me at all......  lucky all needed workers from mynmar, thai hiso vips and goverment workers are imune and dont need this.......  just the dirty farang...

My thai neighbor just returned from the UK ....husband stayed home.   Mandatory 14 day quarantine as well.  Cost for thais.....zero   Dual pricing to the extreme 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

but LOS is not Covid Free. It is spreading again around the country and has only started again. Wait until the New Year travellers return and let’s see the results of that. I would be surprised if entry restrictions and conditions are not tightened rather than relaxed in a short while as the number of cases increase. 

I understand that....it was My sarcastic way of pointing out that for month the thai government was patting itself on it back and the infected dirty farangs were not wanted.  Has always been... if you dont test, you wont find cases.  Only now thailand is testing.  Legal Entry restrictions shouldn’t matter if testing /quarantine are in place.   Why should i be penalized if i pay the fees for that hassle.  Illegal immigration and imported covid seems to be the problem now.  Army government...say no more

• Like 2

COVID itself has promised not to come for a third wave so we'll all be fine.(tic)

As for the whole of the thai population getting vaccinated...do you really think they'll bother?? Not a chance!

When borders open in ANY country a new strain of COVID will rear it's ugly head for sure.

However,there is light at the end of the tunnel...but sadly it's an oncoming train!!

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

They don't need to be 100% effective, you're missing a big point here.

The vaccine is all there's going to be, it gets no better than that until there's a mutation which makes COVID itself harmless.

Nothing's 100% and never will be, that includes the quarantine.

If they wait for 100% then this will never end, they're not going to do that.

LONDON — The COVID-19 vaccine developed by the British drug group AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford has achieved a “winning formula” for efficacy, the company’s chief executive said on Sunday.

The vaccine, currently being evaluated by Britain’s independent medicines regulator, provides “100 percent protection” against severe COVID disease requiring hospitalization, Pascal Soriot said in an interview with the Sunday Times newspaper.

the issue will be will they discreminate, those who have had the Oxford/Astra vaccine do not require Quarantine, but all others will need to enter quarantine.

Thailand is going to use the Oxford/Astra vaccine as far as been stated here and in Thai News

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Loosers, firstly, vaccinations are not a solution and secondly the vaccine have more side effects than getting covid. Just skip the quarantine all together.

Side effects when reported are a headache, a sore arm, feeling nauseous,  which may last for an hour or so to a couple of days. All these side effects are common with any vaccination, and often common with just having an injection or any serology test. None of these side effects are cause for concern. I had my first influenza shot in mid 2019 and it knocked me for 6, I felt terrible for 3-4 days, then everything was back to normal.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TSF said:

Side effects when reported are a headache, a sore arm, feeling nauseous,  which may last for an hour or so to a couple of days. All these side effects are common with any vaccination, and often common with just having an injection or any serology test. None of these side effects are cause for concern. I had my first influenza shot in mid 2019 and it knocked me for 6, I felt terrible for 3-4 days, then everything was back to normal.

I had my first and last flu shot about 20 odd years ago

The worse bout of flu I have ever had

Never had covid nor an injection to get it

I will wait till it is mandatory to have

51 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Loosers, firstly, vaccinations are not a solution and secondly the vaccine have more side effects than getting covid. Just skip the quarantine all together.

It's "loser"...but I do find your irony rather amusing.

Carry on.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're idiots, vaccination is the only way out of this mess and as such it's their ultimate goal yet it's obviously not good enough for them.

Although I'm one of those who can't visit my wife because I can't take enough time off to allow for quarantine and time with her, I'm not sure that's a fair observation.

To the best of my knowledge none of the virus manufacturers have shown that having the vaccine stops someone from carrying infection - apparently they are still trying to establish that fact.  Given that, I don't think its surprising that Thai authorities are maintaining their stance that everyone must quarantine.

Hopefully the required information will be available soon and even more hopefully, that information will establish that being vaccinated does indeed prevent people from carrying the virus.

I do though, understand your sentiment and in all honesty, knowing the way the Thai authorities work, even if it is proven that the vaccine prevents the virus from being carried, I would not expect an immediate relaxation of the current quarantine rules.  I think its more likely that they will reduce quarantine to perhaps seven days for those who've had the vaccine and still require a negative test before being allowed out of quarantine or something along those lines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, beano2274 said:

was it not recently stated in America that 1.5 million people had been vaccinated and that 0,00037% had problems after it.

Still see no vaccination being allowed by the Thai Government,, and have heard they are asking people to pay for it!!!!

And the comment from the person about the UK vaccinating people and still more people being infected, very true but the first phase is those people of a certain age over 75 if memory serves me right and those who work with in hospitals or old peoples homes, same as many European countries. Also this so called English variant, well the UK is an Island, I cannot believe that it started in the UK, it was imported by someone to the UK whilst either travelling to the UK or through the UK.

Considering the amount of unwanted "Guests" we let in that's hardly a surprise, and lets face it, its all been imported to the U.K. via our air and sea ports. You would assume that being an island would be an advantage to keeping unwanted people, diseases etc out, after all the Germans and French were kept away. Although if an island the size of Ireland cannot control its borders and keep Covid out, well its hardly surprising that mainland U.K. can't.

For months now the vaccine fans have been praying for their savior as everything would go back to normal. Fact is vaccines appear to change nothing, WHO has come out and said there is no proof they stop the spread or stop people getting covid! One wonders then what they are good for?

Several countries have said even after vaccination social distancing and masks will remain. Of course vaccines will one way or another be mandatory. So if they don't really do much against covid then why the mad rush to vaccinate everyone on the planet? Profit or conspiracy territory?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

I understand the why but I will NOT visit Thailand under these conditions. It is as simple as that ! The economic crisis in Thailand will continue if people won't come. Who has 14 extra days to spend?

Lots of people have 14 extra days to spend. Thus, the  ASQ hotels are mostly full.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5