Pattaya deserted on what should be busiest week of the year, Thai media

webfact

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'd pay for the vaccine and bribe the nurse not to inject me.

That would make it interesting for you and the nurse, should you become positive and need medical treatment at a later point in time. 

Both of you probably looking at gaol time.  

As for No vaccine - No entry. Every country would need to agree on the certificate, the format, the language, the verification, the make of vaccine, etc.

Can't see that happening until the one world government is formed.

Works with passports.  ???? 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Works with passports.

Yes of course. I seem to recall I needed inoculation card entering some countries years ago, Thailand needs a COE these days, adding an inoculation requirement  would not be difficult. Works for dogs and cats too......

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Only for people travelling by air.

People in boats, cars and walking seem to travel fairly freely without any documentation.

South America/North America/Canada.

Middle East/Europe.

All of Asia.

Sure, we middle class uptight white guys seem to try and do everything by the book, but nobody else in the world seems to bother all that much. Walk onto any Thai building site and ask to see a foreign workers passport, doubt they'll have one.

Do you really believe what you write?

I believe they will make it compulsory for expats to be vaccinated, at their own cost, although some Embassies / Consulates may offer vaccination to their citizens.  It will be enforced by immigration, through issuing of the next visa.  No vaccination, no visa, and not even the visa agents will be able to get around it.   

Your bribe the nurse story is just bar stool banter.  

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes of course. I seem to recall I needed inoculation card entering some countries years ago, Thailand needs a COE these days, adding an inoculation requirement  would not be difficult. Works for dogs and cats too......

Many expats who live here have no intention of leaving Thailand, so they can not be scrutinized at a BORDER, but they can be scrutinized at the immigration office within the next 12 months after the vaccine has become widely available. 

For sure it will become a requirement of visa renewal.   

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Many expats who live here have no intention of leaving Thailand, so they can not be scrutinized at a BORDER, but they can be scrutinized at the immigration office within the next 12 months after the vaccine has become widely available. 

For sure it will become a requirement of visa renewal.   

Will the,no checks nothing, 100 baht medical certificate cover it.....:clap2:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Either that or insurance!

Insurance doesn't pay the medical for a local Thai who may be infected by a foreigner who was not vaccinated.  I would say they will make it part of the visa renewal.    

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'd pay for the vaccine and bribe the Thai nurse not to inject me.

As for No vaccine - No entry.

Every country would need to agree on the certificate, the format, the language, the verification, the make of vaccine, etc. Can't see that happening until the one world government is formed, and I'll probably be dead of old age by the time any borders open. Stuck in Thailand, could be worse, I could be stuck in the west.

You seem to have great confidence in the ability of the worlds governments to act together, I've never seen that to previously be the case, but I guess there could be a first time.

On your point of it being worse being stuck in the west as opposed to thailand,you must have great confidence in the thais being able to cope should the new highly contagious form of covid should get established in the los as it has in the uk.

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

On your point of it being worse being stuck in the west as opposed to thailand,you must have great confidence in the thais being able to cope should the new highly contagious form of covid should get established in the los as it has in the uk.

No, it's all about fun and quality of life.

COVID doesn't scare me, so I don't care how any government handles it, as long as they don't force me to sit in my room alone.

I'll take my chances, even if it were killing 50% of the world population and not the current under 0.1%.

The weather's fine, I spent the morning in the garden, swinging in my hammock and drinking wine coolers.

Just came back from the village party on the green, about 40 people, I ate two much fried chicken.

But you are more than welcome to cower, locked in your room, if that's your choice.

I respect your freedom to choose how you live (or die).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sure, but what gives you the right to enjoy the quality, whilst potentially taking the life of another?

On the first wave in the uk,thought it was a load of old cobblers as i didn,t personally know any one who,d got it,had it,thes 2 nd wave i know several,some hospitalised.

59 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Sure, but what gives you the right to enjoy the quality, whilst potentially taking the life of another?

How am I 'potentially' taking the life of others?

Nobody forces anyone to interact with me, they all have the choice of locking themselves alone in their room.

I only interact with like minded people who want to live their life (what's left of it) to the full.

Stay at home alone then nobody can harm you, it's your choice.

Edited by BritManToo

How am I 'potentially' taking the life of others?

Nobody forces anyone to interact with me, they all have the choice of locking themselves alone in their room.

I'll be sure to tell the 18 year old Thai girl working 7/11 that.  ????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There's quite a lot of Mexicans that seem to manage it (Trump wanted to build a wall to stop them).

Last time I crossed from Canada to  the USA, I was sitting in a Canadian friends car (circa 1990), they just drove across and we were waved through (Niagara Falls if I remember correctly). 

The same friends also used to sail across the lake, have lunch in the USA and then sail back, nobody carried passports.

A few years back I went to the refugee camp at Mae Sot (2014ish), while I was standing on the side of the river people were wading back and forth across the border, a guy approached me and said he would row me across for 50bht. i said what about the Burmese army guys watching the people crossing, he said no problem, they don't mind.

Circa 1990. The world has changed a bit since then. Go give it a try now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

On the first wave in the uk,thought it was a load of old cobblers as i didn,t personally know any one who,d got it,had it,thes 2 nd wave i know several,some hospitalised.

On the first wave I knew 2 old guys who drank in my local pub that died. On the current wave both my daughter and son in law caught it, both front line staff who have made a full recovery.

27 minutes ago, polpott said:

On the first wave I knew 2 old guys who drank in my local pub that died. On the current wave both my daughter and son in law caught it, both front line staff who have made a full recovery.

Uk today,thailand tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

You obviously miss the bigger picture.

Thailand has the extended family model.  The 18 year old Thai girl goes to work at 7/11 and gets infected by an irresponsible and self entitled person such as yourself.  She then goes home to mama, papa and her grandparents.  You end up killing the grandparents, not the 18 year old, but hey, as long as you got your bottle of sangsom.  

Got it... only self centered homicidal-ish maniacs go to 7-11. 

So, now do the same exercise of grandparent death with the Big C employee, the grab driver and the other drivers who can bring you food or necessities. I'll assume the noble social justice solution is to, as we said in the Army, DIP (die in place). No food, no medicine, no nothing. To do anything, to go ANYWHERE is akin to shooting your glock into a crowd. Perhaps it'll start a virtue signaling trend on twitter where bios can list the last day you consumed food- sacrificing yourself to save the human race.

ps... gran and gramps stand a far better chance in a visit from the granddaughter than they do on Thai roads...

Edited by WuhanVagabond
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leaver said:

Thailand has the extended family model.  The 18 year old Thai girl goes to work at 7/11 and gets infected by an irresponsible and self entitled person such as yourself.  She then goes home to mama, papa and her grandparents.  You end up killing the grandparents, not the 18 year old, but hey, as long as you got your bottle of sangsom.  

When you wrote 'irresponsible and self entitled person' did you mean customers?

Because without customers, there'd be no reason for her to go to work.

PS. I prefer bigC, the one near me has a far better choice than 7-11, 100gm packs of bacon for my bacon and egg sarnies, and big bottles of chocolate milk. cheaper as well 79bht for a 2l bottle of milk. BigC is a bit more protective of it's staff as well, they have plastic barriers with a slot for the purchases.

11 hours ago, WuhanVagabond said:

Got it... only self centered homicidal-ish maniacs go to 7-11. 

So, now do the same exercise of grandparent death with the Big C employee, the grab driver and the other drivers who can bring you food or necessities. I'll assume the noble social justice solution is to, as we said in the Army, DIP (die in place). No food, no medicine, no nothing. To do anything, to go ANYWHERE is akin to shooting your glock into a crowd. Perhaps it'll start a virtue signaling trend on twitter where bios can list the last day you consumed food- sacrificing yourself to save the human race.

ps... gran and gramps stand a far better chance in a visit from the granddaughter than they do on Thai roads...

I think you failed to read the preceding posts.  My post that you have replied to was in response to the other member's refusal to be vaccinated. 

Being vaccinated will not only save the recipient's life, but also those around them, as the body kills the virus soon after any infection, before it can lead to debilitating infection, and possibly death. 

That means, if someone is vaccinated, but the 18 year old girl in 7/11 has not been, she stands a better chance of not being infected by the vaccinated individual.  

Yes, I know, thinking of your fellow man is deemed to be crazy in this day and age.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I think you failed to read the preceding posts.  My post that you have replied to was in response to the other member's refusal to be vaccinated. 

Being vaccinated will not only save the recipient's life, but also those around them, as the body kills the virus soon after any infection, before it can lead to debilitating infection, and possibly death. 

That means, if someone is vaccinated, but the 18 year old girl in 7/11 has not been, she stands a better chance of not being infected by the vaccinated individual.  

Yes, I know, thinking of your fellow man is deemed to be crazy in this day and age.  

Furthermore, you don't start shedding the virus until 2 or 3 days after infection, by which time the antibodies/ T cells created by the vaccine will have done their job and killed the virus. Ergo vaccinated people do not pass on the infection.