Restrictions increased in Pattaya/Bang Lamung - non essential business ordered to close

Jonathan Fairfield

42 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

and how long is a new phone suppose to live for.....mine is 5 yrs old and still going strong......

My guess is that it's primarily the phone companies (AIS, DTAC etc.) they're aiming at. It's not just the mobile as such (although being able to "fix" things like dead batteries etc. is essential), but also broken SIM cards and what-have-you. The other day, a dog chewed up my gf's father's mobile... go figure!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AsiaCheese said:

My guess is that it's primarily the phone companies (AIS, DTAC etc.) they're aiming at. It's not just the mobile as such (although being able to "fix" things like dead batteries etc. is essential), but also broken SIM cards and what-have-you. The other day, a dog chewed up my gf's father's mobile... go figure!

Is that were they saying comes from Dog and Bone

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bodga said:

at 70  million Thais  V total  frangs here Id  take  that bet

Well either I notice them more or there really are more non-Thais not masking up correctly in Big-CX.... certainly per capita.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

They have been ordered to close immediately.  If they don't know about it they will soon.

Sods law...........rather than drink drive tomorrow night ive just booked a room in the Areca Lodge...........will have to try and cancel , paid up front for it by CC

Looks like money down the drain.....no refund within 24 hours of arrival

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Sods law...........rather than drink drive tomorrow night ive just booked a room in the Areca Lodge...........will have to try and cancel , paid up front for it by CC

Looks like money down the drain.....no refund within 24 hours of arrival

Buy food and drinks, invite 2\3 girls in your room

and let's go the party. That's the way to go imo

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

what are the chonburi numbers?  Pattaya numbers?

If they want to just say closed for the holiday, all bars and restaurants closed...I'm pretty cool with that as a precaution.  Makes sense to keep big drunk crowds down.

But knocking out every other normal aspect of life is absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

According to an order issued on Wednesday, all shopping malls are to close in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19.

Convenience stores such as 7-Eleven and Family Mart must be closed between 22.00 and 05.00, the order also states.

In malls, supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and mobile phone shops can remain open.

Somebody explain please. Malls closed but supermarkets, pharmacies, banks and mobile phone shops (essential)  in those closed Malls  can remain open ???

• Like 2

Just now, Jingthing said:

What's to explain? Non-essential businesses within malls closed. Essential ones open. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Yep, those ESSENTIAL phone shops open. But maybe the 5G will kill the virus!   LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What's to explain? Non-essential businesses within malls closed. Essential ones open. Makes perfect sense to me. 

Sorry I must have mis-read this from the offical post

According to an order issued on Wednesday, all shopping malls are to close in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19.